Team: Run Track Minds (April)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Amy and I’m the captain. I’ve really been struggling since covid but especially the last couple of months. I’ve gained a ton of weight and been pretty MIA from here. I am trying to get back on track and will try to be more active here (but if anyone else wants to be captain please let me know!)

One thing we’ve enjoyed on this team is optional daily challenges to help with accountability. Feel free to participate in any way!

Daily Post (day)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Under/Over
    Exercise: yes/no/what you did
    Day: general statement on your day. Any specific challenges or success

Good luck everyone!
  • twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Twinkle150
    CW 323.6
    Sunday
  • DharNewMe
    DharNewMe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    DharNewMe
    Mondays
    CW 145.5
    Feelings okayish even though slightly up. Been exercising twice a week and trying to stay as close to the calories target as possible. Easter eggs didn't help weekend 🤭
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    @lacatgirl, you’d posted in March about feeling like you’re at a plateau and not being sure how to break it.

•How long have you been plateaued? Weight loss will often stall and then do what some people call “whoosh”, so if it’s only been a couple weeks you may still get a “whoosh”, I believe a true plateau is after 1-2 months so you may just need to wait it out a bit if it hasn’t been too long.
    •Have you been refreshing your calorie allotment on MFP as you lose weight? The system does do it automatically but I found it useful to do it myself every 10-15lbs lost.
    •Have you tried changing your routine? Your body will adjust to the changes you’re making so sometimes you need to shake things up a bit. Raise or lower your calories by 250-500 for a week or two (raising can help if you’re following a very low calorie diet and exercising a lot), change the type or intensity of your exercise.
    •Make sure you’re accurately measuring your food. This isn’t as important when you have a lot to lose but as you get closer to your goal it will be. Just think, if you need to eat about 1700 calories at 170 Lbs and you need to eat about 1500 calories to be 150 Lbs miscounting your calories by 100-200 calories can definitely affect your progress!

Hope some of that helps! Good luck getting over your plateau!

Amy :)
  • lacatgirl
    lacatgirl Posts: 353 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    AmyG1982 wrote: »
    @lacatgirl, you’d posted in March about feeling like you’re at a plateau and not being sure how to break it.

•How long have you been plateaued? Weight loss will often stall and then do what some people call “whoosh”, so if it’s only been a couple weeks you may still get a “whoosh”, I believe a true plateau is after 1-2 months so you may just need to wait it out a bit if it hasn’t been too long.
    •Have you been refreshing your calorie allotment on MFP as you lose weight? The system does do it automatically but I found it useful to do it myself every 10-15lbs lost.
    •Have you tried changing your routine? Your body will adjust to the changes you’re making so sometimes you need to shake things up a bit. Raise or lower your calories by 250-500 for a week or two (raising can help if you’re following a very low calorie diet and exercising a lot), change the type or intensity of your exercise.
    •Make sure you’re accurately measuring your food. This isn’t as important when you have a lot to lose but as you get closer to your goal it will be. Just think, if you need to eat about 1700 calories at 170 Lbs and you need to eat about 1500 calories to be 150 Lbs miscounting your calories by 100-200 calories can definitely affect your progress!

Hope some of that helps! Good luck getting over your plateau!

Amy :)

Thanks for all the suggestions! Very helpful!

Daily Post 4/6
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: no
    Day: recovering from a stomach flu so back on track tomorrow.
  • transparentenigma
    transparentenigma Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    transparentenigma
    Week 1
    Mondays
    PW:301.
    CW:303

I wish I could say that I am surprised but I am not. looking back my salt intake was ridiculous last week and Sunday was a cheat day (BFF turned 45 we went out to celebrate) but I am back in the saddle, goal is still to be at 290 by April's end, here's to hoping that a good much of this is water weight or bloat...
  • Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,362 Member
    Options
    Good morning, my name is Gustaaf, or Gus for short
    Since COVID started all gyms here have been closed and have not re-opened at all, so i am really struggling to get my workouts in.
    Last 2 months i have gained 4 kg again

Yesterday i looked in the mirror and was disgusted with myself.
    Going to take drastic measures and decided to not have (unhealthy) snacks for a year

That means, no sweets, candy's, chocolate etc (except my protein bars)
    I have done this before and lasted almost 10 months, so i know i can do this

My starting weight for this month is 104.5 kg
    This was yesterday morning, and i like to consider this my "new" starting point

For workouts i am currently doing 50 squats a day (been doing this for almost 4 weeks now)
    And doing a 30 day challenge, once i complete that challenge i do a new one
    My current challenge, started yesterday, is Wall-Sit

• skullsandskeletons
    skullsandskeletons Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Username: skullsandskeletons
    Week: April week 1
    Weigh in day: Monday April 5
    PW: 178
    CW: 179
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Good morning, my name is Gustaaf, or Gus for short
    Since COVID started all gyms here have been closed and have not re-opened at all, so i am really struggling to get my workouts in.
    Last 2 months i have gained 4 kg again

Yesterday i looked in the mirror and was disgusted with myself.
    Going to take drastic measures and decided to not have (unhealthy) snacks for a year

That means, no sweets, candy's, chocolate etc (except my protein bars)
    I have done this before and lasted almost 10 months, so i know i can do this

My starting weight for this month is 104.5 kg
    This was yesterday morning, and i like to consider this my "new" starting point

For workouts i am currently doing 50 squats a day (been doing this for almost 4 weeks now)
    And doing a 30 day challenge, once i complete that challenge i do a new one
    My current challenge, started yesterday, is Wall-Sit

Wow, good for you! Good luck with your new challenges!!
  • lacatgirl
    Options
    Did pretty well today except for no exercise! Tomorrow I plan on swimming in the morning first thing!
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: none
    Day: Good day. Feeling like I’m doing well and getting back on track. Just need to add in some exercise! I’m working FT, have 2 young kids and I’m currently taking some online courses so I feel busy and tired lol. But I really need to stop putting myself and my health last!
  • lacatgirl
    Options
    Back to 171 today - I just cant seem to get out of this plateau. I swam today for 35 minutes and stayed on track. I am going to start with a personal trainer on Wednesday...Hopefully that will help.
  • germaine_yee
    germaine_yee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Username: germaine_yee
    Week: Friday (Week 1 of April)
    PW = 144.84 lb
    CW = 146.61 lb
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Missing some weigh-ins so far this month:

@DogsandChicks
    @scminto
    @Smcintou
    @CrystalEssex
    @Minion_training_program

Friend reminder that the following are due today:

@am00r
    @Bisonpitcher
    @chloeguo
    @dracocapricorn
    @lacatgirl

• AmyG1982
    Options
    AmyG1982
    Week 1 weigh-in
    Friday
    PW 258
    CW 254
  • lacatgirl
    Options
    CW: 171.2

Hi All,
    Once again I am the same weight - down to the tenth of a pound! How is that even possible? I am really frustrated.

I am going to try intermittent fasting again. I did it a couple years ago and it worked really well. I think with planning It wont be too painful. Hopefully this will break the endless plateau!

I swear, sometimes I think that in a famine I would be the last person alive - my metabolism would slow down so much that I could live on a blade of grass per day!

Have a good day everyone!
  • CrystalEssex
    CrystalEssex Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Username: @CrystalEssex
    PW: 113.0
    CW: 113.6

Ate some ice cream on Sunday that had sugar alcohols in it. Always leaves be bloated and fluid filled. Gross.
  • dracocapricorn
    dracocapricorn Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Username: dracocapricorn
    Week 1
    Friday
    PW: 158.4
    CW: 156.7

Hope everything is on track
  • chloeguo
    chloeguo Posts: 235 Member
    Options