April 16 Sign In

Options

Replies

• taxgirl1
    taxgirl1 Posts: 1,287 Member
    Options
    Exercise--Yes, worked out with trainer for 1 hour
    Tracked--Yes
    Calories--Yes. I knew I would be having Mexican for dinner, so planned day around it and came in under calories.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    Exercise: active stretching 21 minutes; walking 50 minutes
    Calories: over my limit
    Tracking: no
  • Impala007
    Impala007 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Calories:Y 1583/1800
    Exercise:Not today
    Tracked:Y

IF 18.5 hrs...scale is moving in the right direction.
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, treadmill 33 min / 1.81 mi
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

[Mon-Sat] Did I do treadmill AND weights or abs? no, my shoulder was feeling sore so I decided to take an extra rest day and do it tomorrow instead
    Passes used: 1/3
  • fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    April 16

Exercise: yes
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Passes: 0/3

Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes, 45 mins walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass days: 3/3
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    @lesdarts180 - hugs to you. D hug that neighbor if I could too.

@pamjsa - sorry to hear you’re under so much stress. However, in my humble opinion, the fact that you’re continuing to track food every day is a HUGE win! I would definitely not call that “falling off the wagon.”

@clutterqueen - thank you for sharing the story about your dad. I’ve never donated blood but your story has convinced me to do so.

@showmanswest - I had to think for a minute “Planters Nutmobile?” At first I thought maybe it was slang for something or an auto correct for a swear word! Then it dawned on me. I didn’t even know that existed!

@donna25trinity - I read your post a couple days ago about what a great roll you’re on and how much that podcast is helping. I feel the exact same way!

Vacation was wonderful. We were at Zion and Bryce National Parks. My half marathon was just outside Zion and was spectacular. I did use up all my passes because I could never manage all 3. I tracked the first 3 days but then stopped. My goal for vacation was to not eat Maximilian meals. I mostly managed that, although there were 2 nights I overdid. I only ordered cocktails twice so that was good, and never had dessert! We actually used a cooler as a checked bag and so lunches were very good and I believe contributed to what I consider success. That podcast recommends waiting 3 days after getting back from vacation before weighing, but curiosity got the best of me. The first day I was up just .8, and today I was a pound down! So I’m perfectly happy with that.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    pamjsa wrote: »
    I've really fallen off the wagon this week--so, so busy with work that I've been too exhausted to even think about exercise. But my NSV for this month is that I'm still keeping track of my calories every day, rather than just throwing in the towel and stress-eating. I'm pretty proud of myself for that. Not always coming in under budget on calories, but being honest with myself about where I am.

This is a very insightful NSV (in my opinion!) :smiley: It's so easy to "throw in the towel" or to stop logging because we just don't want to see it, or face it! So huge KUDOS to YOU for being honest with yourself and sticking with it. Hopefully your work will eventually calm down a little and you can get back into a rhythm again. {{{HUGS}}}.
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,044 Member
    Options
    16th
    Yes yes yes
    Had the most amazing hotdog for dinner made by my bil. Dipped into exercise calories but so worth it!
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Here's my late entry...

---|---|---|--
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | Theresa Depasquale's 90-Day Workout Program (38) TOTAL: 38
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | Base + 146
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
    ---|---|---|---

Personal Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? NO | 25%
    Personal Bonus: Did I meet my fiber micro for the day (35g)? NO | 24g
    Pass Days Used: (APR01)
  • BobWw2017
    BobWw2017 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    April 16

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes

• SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    Start weight, April 1, 2021: 124.6
    April 1, 2021 – 124.6 (+1.4)
    March 1, 2021 – 123.2 (-3.0)
    February 1, 2021 - 126.2 (-5.8); Tanita BF scale at 6 am 126.5 and 26%BF
    January 1, 2021 – 132 (-3.6)
    December 1, 2020 – 135.6 (-5.2)
    November 6, 2020 – 140.8 (-7.0)
    October 2, 2020 – 147.8 (-5.2)
    September 14, 2020 – 153.0
    Thoughts and Goals for April:
    April has arrived and I am sitting here reflecting back on this month. It is the first month since September that I have closed the month with an “up”. That said, an up had to come at some point since at some point one is no longer trying/needing to lose weight, and I had passed my original goal back in January, I believe. The up on its own would be fine, but the habits, or lack thereof, that crept into my March are the concern. So, for the month of April, I will be focusing on returning to preplanning/pre-tracking as much as is possible and to not just thrown in the day it does not go as planned. I know that I know how to re-group and I need to make sure I find the time and energy for that. I want to up my cardio. Yes, I am “group walking” every day which burns calories, but honestly, I could walk at that pace for hours and hours without effort. I need to push myself, here and there, again. I will also be trying to maintain the social aspect of the group walks as well, so juggling all those time commitments will take a little focus. Lastly, I need to return to adding back exercises. I have not planked in a month, and rarely done exercises other than walking, running, or biking. So I need to figure out how to include bodyweight or dumbbell workouts. Here’s to April.

Wishing everyone a great month!
    April History
    Date: 4/1
    Weight: 124.6
    Exercised?: Yes, 0:54:43 group walk at 17’10” pace for 3.18 miles
    Calories?: No
    Tracked?: No
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 1 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2184

*** so not the way to start a new month. Did not respond well to another curve ball thrown at me. Going to pre-track tomorrow. It will be a belated 60th birthday dinner for my husband since his mother will have arrived and be able to join us for the dinner.

Date: 4/2
    Weight: 125.6
    Exercised?: Yes, 0:21:02 Apple Fitness Spinning; 0:32:29 Indoor cycling to Youtube CV19 news
    Calories?: Yes, 1411/1590 + 314 exercise (net 493)
    Tracked?: Yes
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 2 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2340

*** This is the way I like to handle my day! And this included dining out. :)

Date: 4/3
    Weight: 123.2
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:22:53 group walk at 16’30” pace for 4.92 miles, 10 min Apple Fitness core
    Calories?: Yes, 1855/1590 + 312 exercise (net 47 )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 3 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2079

Date: 4/4
    Weight: 122.2
    Exercised?: Yes, 0:31:10 Apple Fitness Spinning
    Calories?: Yes, 1746/1590 + 197 exercise (net 41 )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 4 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2052

*** Sitting here as I write this, I have to wonder if posting my thoughts here this morning helped me to frame and get through the day. This morning, I did actually expect today to be a pass day, despite the slight optimism I expressed in my post. Ten minutes later, I decided to track a tentative day – carrot cake, stuffed shells and all. When I got done, I saw that even with every food included I could meet my calorie goals for the day. Portion control was the key. The plan was 90% accurate and the other 10% was adjusted on the fly. When I added something, I took something else away (sorry salad :P ). I enjoyed Easter with no pass today. The success feels good!

Date: 4/5
    Weight: 122.4
    Exercised?: Yes, 0:39:22 walk with MIL at 22’53” pace for 1.72 miles; 0:20:03 indoor cycle
    Rings Closed?: No, 4 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 1679

*** Finished yesterday with “success feels good” and had a total crash day after my entertaining was over. Ate badly and slept a ton. :( Most interesting thing though is looking at the difference in TDEE.

Date: 4/6
    Weight: 123.6
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:52:51 group walk at 17’22” pace for 6.49 miles; 0:33:31 late night 5K run at 10’22” pace for 3.23 miles
    Calories?: Yes, 1732/1590 + 724 exercise ( net 582 )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 5 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2657

*** Interesting how 4/5 was sandwiched between two strong days. Glad I “test drove” running a 5K again. Good to see I can do it.

Date: 4/7
    Weight: 123.0
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:22:26 group walk at 17’01” pace for 4.84 miles
    Calories?: Yes, 1738/1590 + 302 exercise ( net 154 )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 6 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2019

*** kitchen close and posting is timely. :)

Date: 4/8
    Weight: 123.0
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:23:34 group walk at 17’03” pace for 5.06 miles
    Calories?: Yes, 1954/1590 + 416 exercise ( net 52 )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 7 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2207

*** basic day, nothing special

Date: 4/9
    Weight: 122.6
    Exercised?: Yes, 0:28:33 solo walk at 14’40” pace for 1.94 miles; 1:11:41 group walk at 15’44” pace for 4.55 miles
    Calories?: Yes, 1940/1590 + 409 exercise ( net 59 )
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 8 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: updated the following day – see spoiler

*** Had an interesting moment today that I hope will help me to understand the benefit of what was accomplished these 6 months. Today, I got home from a short grocery shopping including two bottles of wine to bring to friends on Sunday. I hate using the elevator at the building so I take the two flights to our condo. I carried all the groceries at once, from the car, through the parking and up the two flights. Not hard, but I could feel the difference. As an experiment, I walked directly to the scale when I got in our unit to see how high a combined weight I now was. I was still almost 9 lbs less that what I weighed in September, and almost 24 lbs less than my high in 2001. Hopefully experiments like this will help me keep focus, and keep my maintenance going. Yo-yo-ing has been my tendancy.

Date: 4/10
    Weight: 124.0
    Exercised?: Yes, 0:30:07 run at 98’42” pace for 3.10 miles
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 9 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2054

*** what a difference a day makes. So interesting seeing yesterday’s comment in light of how today went. Day started well by entering another 5K race and did well. Then guests failed to show on time and failed to communicate and threw off the days good intensions. Had been pre-tracked but that all got thrown away as the day evolved and I could not rapidly re-group.

Date: 4/11
    Weight: 124.4
    Exercised?: Yes, 1:47:12 group walk at 16’28” pace for 6.51 miles
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 10 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2077

*** today, I faced dinner at a friend’s house and since cooking is not her strength, there was no way I could impose on her by asking what she was preparing. So I decided (wrongly) to just forfeit the day. Spent the day working on sealing 500 square feet of tile grout.

Date: 4/12
    Weight: 126.4
    Exercised?: No
    Rings Closed?: No, 10 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 1699

*** Woke up to torrential rain. First rain here in months. Of course, this is the day after we spent the day applying grout sealant that could not get wet for 72 hours. So not only is the sealant wet, but apparently rain plus brand new screens creates some sort of black mud which is covering my no longer sealed grout. The day went to heck. No daily walk and, while spending the day re-cleaning tile and grout, made no others efforts that day.

Date: 4/13
    Weight: 127.2
    Exercised?: yes, 1:21:30 group walk at 16’44” pace for 4.87 miles
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 11 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2163

*** Should have pulled this day together but the spiral was forming

Date: 4/14
    Weight: DNW
    Rings Closed?: No, 11 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 1644

*** Did not weigh. This has been very very rare since September and is a red flag of issues coming. Started the day driving to Key West for a “fun” half day sail and ended up motion sick. We then got out second COVID vaccine, and by this time my stomach is just rotting itself. Did an early dinner (poorly selected), drove the hour+ home and headed straight to bed. It was not even 6 PM.

Date: 4/15
    Rings Closed?: No, 11 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 1487

*** Yesterday, as another day fell apart, I realized the 15th is the halfway point and I can re-group for my last half month. Nope, day after COVID vaccine struck. Only time out of bed was to walk the cats which I never count as exercise. Ate lots of pretzels, soup and other miscellany. BUT, I felt better than my husband did…… really interesting seeing a true Base TDEE!
    Date: 4/16
    Exercised?: Yes, 0:24:14 Solo walk at 14’38” pace for 1.65 miles; 1:22:34 group walk at 16” 02” pace for 5.15 miles
    Rings Closed?: Yes, 12 of 30
    Apple Watch TDEE: 2084

*** No excuse today, just did not happen.

Passes remaining: -6
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 I've just been reading your catch up posts for the last 3 days - you had a horrible reaction to your jab. Give yourself a break. It can be difficult to stay focused in maintenance because you know you don't have to be quite so strict.
    Weigh yourself next week and decide what to do then.
    I was lucky to just have a few hours of headache and very slight fever.