April 18 Sign In

Options

Replies

• TXRebelle
    TXRebelle Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    4/18
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No. Walked 0.51 miles
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

PASS 3 of 3 used (4/18)
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, treadmill 42 min / 2.49 mi
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes, barely ... cocktails are my downfall
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

[Mon-Sat] Did I do treadmill AND weights or abs? no
    Passes used: 1/3

Shoulder seems better today but I still decided to skip weights today. When I add weight it often causes joint problems so it makes it hard to progress. About 12 years ago when I was not overweight ... I worked with a personal trainer for a couple of years. I wanted to gain muscle then but was not ever able to do much more than become toned as I had trouble with my joints then too. My trainer mostly worked with older women who had various physical ailments. She was good at devising alternative ways to lift so as to minimize pain. It's too bad I don't remember any of the adjustments.

Tomorrow I should be able to get back to it though I'll drop weight on the one shoulder exercise I do since that is most likely what caused the problem.
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    April 18

Exercise: Yes, 60 mins walk
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass days: 3/3
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @RangerrickL @summerskier Coco and Bandit need a play date! Also, love the sunset!

@oh_jackie our scenarios are very similar. Is it possible for you to define in more specifically what is impeding your current success. 1) if could help others give pertinent advice 2) I find writing my issues out sometimes makes ME be able to see them better and resolve them on my own. Was going to throw out an idea or two to your, but I would just be spitting balling. Yo-yoing has been my life history as well and maintenance is more challenging for me than losing.

@LazyBlondeChef Have you ever considered a physical therapist? The one we go to as issues arise is both a therapist and a trainer on the side. I truly enjoy their insights. I remember my daughter's case. She had knee pain and was a teen dancer. He took one look at her legs and saw the strength in opposing leg muscles were not in balance and pulling her knee cap out of alignment. Exercises were added to the weak side, and she's never had an issue again. I can give other stories as well. Another option is taking joint supplements like Glucosamine. I have never taken any of those (but maybe should), but I know people swear by such products.
  • BobWw2017
    BobWw2017 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    April 18

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    Yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    Yes

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,246 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    @victorious55 - your response to @oh_jackie was really empowering! I think maintenance is an issue we all worry about.

@oh_jackie - That’s one reason I love the “half size me” podcast so much. @MadisonMolly2017 and @donna25trinity are fans too. Have you listened to her? If you’d like, I can recommend a couple episodes directly talking about maintenance.

@RangerRickL - love the pic of Coco - handsome indeed!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    February 10/3
    March 12/3

2 yes

6/3
  • MizSpiffy
    MizSpiffy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    4/18/2021
    Record all calories YES
    Stay under calorie limit YES
    Exercise 20 minutes YES! 60 minute Pilates reformer class, 35 minute walk

My only regret was using my calories burned to stay under goal yesterday, and that several of those calories were cocktails. But no grazing in the kitchen as a result, and the scale was down again today so I remain INSPIRED!!

Have a great day everyone! Keep up the good work

☮️ Kay
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,817 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL COCO Looks amazing in that posed picture! Was he pawing? His ear looks completely normal and you would have to look really hard to see the difference on that inside portion. Question: does he have a scar on the front of his left front pastern from kneeling and getting up on it? Bandit has one whch turned into a huge sore so I leave ShooFly wraps on him all the time and they really help to keep the sore from getting reopened PLUS keep flies and snakes at bay.... Happy Monday!
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,300 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

Passes used: 0 of 3
  • jessphill2020
    jessphill2020 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    April 18

Exercise? Yes
    Calories? No
    Tracked? Yes

Use Pass: 4/3
  • fractaltiger
    fractaltiger Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 When I was having some back pain a while back I thought of going to physical therapy. The back is currently OK so I never pursued it but maybe it could be helpful. Adding a stretching routine would probably be a good idea as well.

I suggest to anyone struggling to stay with this group. Even though I'm not one of the more talkative ones here I find all of the posts useful and/or inspiring. We all struggle with different things. Eating and preparing food at home isn't much of an issue for me as I don't tend to buy junk food. I don't even like most of it. And unlike many people I don't have a sweet tooth. I would much rather eat olives, nuts or cheese than a sweet.

Issues for me are managing my diet when traveling, managing my enjoyment of fancy cocktails and being consistent with exercise. I already know that I'm going to have to continue to log food and exercise indefinitely once I hit my goal. The amount of calories I can eat in maintenance aren't going to be that much higher than what I eat to lose. Since this last year hasn't allowed for much travel I've been able to stay on track much easier but once my traveling schedule starts up again it's going to be a struggle.

@LazyBlondeChef
    I'm not much for sweets either. I much prefer salty things and wine. It would be MUCH more difficult for me if I were traveling just because of eating at restaurants. It's not as bad if I'm walking all day and tracking the calories would be very hard.

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Apr 18:

✔️ EXERCISE: Yes. 70 minutes yardwork/flowerbeds.
    ✔️ CALORIES: Yes. 1900/1900 (I'm gonna call that a win!!)
    ✔️ TRACK: Yes.

PASSES USED: 3/3 (10Apr)(15Apr)(16Apr)

Target your biggest “threat to success”... work on it until you land on a solution that works. Then pick the next “threat to success” Repeat. -MadisonMolly
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,228 Member
    Options
    April 18

Exercise: Yes - Long walk with pups
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass days: 1/3
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,007 Member
    Options
    4/18