Leslie Sansone May 2021 Walk Challenge

Options
texasgardnr
texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
WELCOME to all walkers!

May 2021 is here! And time to start another new monthly challenge! Surely beautiful flowers 🌸🌼 and spring are finally here! You know.... April showers bringing all of those beautiful May flowers that we looked forward to last month. Hopefully we shall have some extra sunshine to brighten our days, as well as our outdoor walks

This group is open to any and all 🚶‍♀️ walkers 🏃‍♀️. Many of us use Leslie Sansone as well as other favorite instructor's walking or workout DVDs 📀, as well as those great walks or hikes outside on the trails or pathways that are available to us, or a walk in our neighborhood, or on the treadmill. All of these many options count toward our miles, steps, or minutes.

However you get your walk in, come on in and join us! Whenever you are posting what you have accomplished please remember to also share any strength 🏋️‍♀️ training 💪 or other types 🧘‍♀️ of workouts 🤸‍♀️ that you are doing. We all benefit greatly by learning from one another and getting new ideas.

The goal that you choose is your own personal goal for this month 👟📅.

If you find this group any time during the month it doesn't matter which day of the month that you join in. Just set your goals to reflect what you hope to accomplish during the remaining days of this month. It is never too late to join in :) , you are always welcome!

We are a happy, supportive group, and I promise that joining this walk challenge will motivate, challenge, as well as inspire you!

Let's tie up our shoes and get some water, and walk strong, together 😃😉😄, because....

Together we can do this....

texasgardnr :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Happy May my Walking Friends!!

Milage Goal: 86 Miles tracked.
    Apple Watch Challenge: Earn 200% of my Move goal 2 times. 😳 For reference, my daily move goal is 400 calories so I need to get to 800 2x the month.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Well, it snowed again last night! :laugh: Winter will simply not give up! All 2 inches have melted, but it it the first May Day in a while that I woke up to snow!!!

Happy May Day Everyone!!!:smile:

Goal: Average 3 Miles a day for a total of 93 miles and on Sunday and Wednesday-I will do the complete Tone Every Zone workout.

May 1-WAP-4 Mile Super Challenge-4 miles total

@texasgardnr We heard about the tornadoes and the hail in Texas and I am so glad it missed you. The weather is nuts this year!

@ra6094 Welcome to the group!!!

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    @zichab , where are you that you are still getting snow? I am in Florida, and it was nearly 90 degrees today!
  • texasgardnr
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @Deeder522 I like your Apple watch challenges and the excellent variety of them over time!

@zichab Oh, my... your loons are really going to be really confused now with even more snow 🥶

Today I finally got a real rain storm. With a lot of rain, which was badly needed, and without any tornadoes looming.
    Our oak tree can finally be happy for a while again since our spring has been unusually dry this year.

My goal for this month will once again be to keep moving by using the rebounder, walking (mostly) indoors, using the Gazelle, or working outdoors🌻 🍂. I'm also adding in, only when appropriate, time spent working or deep cleaning, only if it is something more physically active/ or challenging for me.

I've been adding in some various light strength exercises for my arms during April. During May I'm adding in some experimental strength exercises for my legs also.This month I will begin to include just total minutes combined to help me keep track. This is all experimental as holding weights can be difficult for me because of my thumb issues/ weakening grip and the leg ones are going to be determined by what my ankles/ feet allow. What I will do will vary depending on how my joints are cooperating, as well as attempting to add variety and different exercises and degree of difficulty.

May 1: 45 minutes: gazelle, indoor walking (+ 10 minutes combined light strength)

🤠🌺
  • Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    @zichab and here I thought you left all the crazy weather back here in Michigan! ;)

@texasgardnr Can you explain what the rebounder is?
  • texasgardnr
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @Deeder522 here is a link to a web site that I found that also explains the differences between a rebounder and a mini trampoline. And includes information about the rebounder and the health benefits of using one. This is the first website that I came across tonight that I found that has this information.

https://cellercise.com/rebounders/what-is-a-rebounder-why-is-everyone-rebounding/

I scrolled down and they have also included some exercise examples that I plan to check out later on. I have not visited this web page before today so it will be new to me also.

🤠🌺
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    May 1: 6 miles
    May 2: 2 miles, 40 minutes strength training

May Goal: 40 miles
    Total so far: 8 miles
  • zichab
    Options
    Goal: Average 3 Miles a day for a total of 93 miles and on Sunday and Wednesday-I will do the complete Tone Every Zone workout.

-Vivofit tracked 1.1 miles=5.1 miles total
    May 2-Just Walk Tone Every Zone 2.4 miles=7.5 miles total

@RisingAboveIt I live in the Adirondack Mountains of upstate New York (almost to Canada). However, I am not in the high peaks so we usually do not get snow in May, although it is often seen on the mountain tops into early June. I love the winter and snow, but since it begins here in October, May snow is a bit much!!! :laugh:

@Deeder522 LOL I have very much missed Michigan weather this year! We used to be too far from Lake Michigan and south of Lake Huron so lake effect storms had to be pretty strong to impact us in the Flint area. However here, Lake Ontario lake effect snows are constant!!! I love it that it gets cold and snowy in October, but May is ridiculous! :grumble:

I have a rest day tomorrow, which I need after Tone Every Zone :smirk: so I'll be back on Tuesday!

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Goal: Each week: 1 yoga workout and two strength workouts.

May 1.....rest day
    May 2.....38 minutes of Cathe Friedrich's add on strength workout on the DVD "Basic Step and Body Fusion"
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hi Walker Friends! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

@zichab I'm so jealous, I love snow! It's just been raining for days here and I'm so over it! It's raining even as I type this!

@RisingAboveIt Yikes, you can keep that 90 degree weather down there! I am not a summery girl, I don't do well in the heat.

@Deeder522 Your Apple Watch Challenge sounds like a great one! I know you can do it!

@texasgardnr I think your goals sound great, but please be careful and don't overdo! I like that you're going to be experimental with your strength training.

@annofB I hope you enjoy your yoga workouts. I am terrible at yoga due to my ankles and feet not having good range of motion, but I think it could be such a great part of a workout routine.

I'm increasing my mileage goal for May at 145 miles plus continuing daily Pilates routines.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    May Goal: 145 miles plus daily Pilates routines

May 1: 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    May 2: 4 Miles ~ 2 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 2 Miles Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs + 20 min Winsor Pilates full body strength

8 out of 145 miles
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options

@RisingAboveIt Yikes, you can keep that 90 degree weather down there! I am not a summery girl, I don't do well in the heat.

I am originally from Pennsylvania, and I hate the heat, so being in Florida is very hard for me!

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    May 3: 7 miles
    May 4: 3 miles (Run, Walk, Lift)

Total so far: 18 miles
  • zichab
    Options

May 2-Just Walk- Tone Every Zone 2.4 miles=7.5 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 1.8 miles=9.3 miles total
    May 3-Rest Day- Vivofit tracked 3.0 miles=12.3 miles total
    May 4-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=15.3 miles total

@texasgardnr -Apparently, you sent your rain here as it has rained for 3 days solid!!! :laugh: Meh, it will be good for the wild flowers and the trees!

@RisingAboveIt -My in-laws lived in Florida when I married my husband and we spent every vacation visiting them. I know how miserable the heat in Florida can be and I feel so bad for you, especially since you are from PA! My in-laws were on the Gulf coast and the humidity was dreadful! My Mother-in-law had these water absorbents buckets in the closets and we had to empty them every other day! I was so glad to get back to NY just to dry out and I really appreciated my dry closet! :blush:

It has been awhile since I did this 4 Fast Mile workout and I forgot how grueling it is. I confess, I did not do the last 2 jogging intervals because I wanted to live to see tomorrow!!! I'll need to try it again next week! :ohwell:

• ra6094
    ra6094 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My goal for May is to get some sort of walk in 5-6 days a week - either with the videos or outside since it’s warming up again (for now).

I need to find a place to write down when all I walk to keep track of it.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    Options
    May Goal: 145 miles plus daily Pilates routines

May 1: 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    May 2: 4 Miles ~ 2 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 2 Miles Walk Away Your Hips and Thighs + 20 min Winsor Pilates full body strength
    May 3: 6 Miles ~ 4 Fast Miles Walk Slim + 2 Boosted Mile + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    May 4: 6 Miles ~ 3 Fast Miles + 3 Miles Walking for Weight Loss + 26 min Pilates Mat Workout w/Ana Cabán

20 out of 145 miles
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    May 3: 7 miles
    May 4: 3 miles (Run, Walk, Lift)
    May 5: 3 miles (Run, Walk, Lift), and 4 miles running

Total so far: 25 miles
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Options
    ra6094 wrote: »
    My goal for May is to get some sort of walk in 5-6 days a week - either with the videos or outside since it’s warming up again (for now).

I need to find a place to write down when all I walk to keep track of it.

I have the high-tech system of scribbling down my workouts on a Post-It until I can log them here :)
  • zichab
    Options

May 2-Just Walk- Tone Every Zone 2.4 miles=7.5 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked 1.8 miles=9.3 miles total
    May 3-Rest Day- Vivofit tracked 3.0 miles=12.3 miles total
    May 4-Walk Slim-4 Fast Miles=15.3 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked-.9 miles=16.2 miles total
    May 5-Just Walk- Tone Every Zone 2.4 miles=18.6 miles total

Rest Day for me tomorrow! See you on Friday!

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,585 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Goal: Each week: 1 yoga workout and two strength workouts.

May 1.....rest day
    May 2.....38 minutes of Cathe Friedrich's add on strength workout on the DVD "Basic Step and Body Fusion"
    May 3.....32 minutes of Walk Off Fat Fast
    May 4.....30 minutes of Strength & Stamina
    May 5.....38 minutes of Yoga and 32 minutes of Jessica Smith's Cardio Core routine

@texasgardnr - I hope you find the weighted workouts doable and beneficial. Glad you got some rain! Wish I could send you some because we have had way more than we need this spring. ☺

@VeggieGirlforLife - I AM enjoying the yoga workouts. At times I start out and am really distracted and thinking "I don't want to do this right now"... but I stick with it and find that I become more focused and relaxed and feel great when I'm done.