Monthly Post for May 2021

Options
mamainthekitchen
mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
Welcome May!!

Everyone must be really enjoying May so far as it’s already the 2nd day!!

I’m really needing some better accountability lately. Start the day fine then blow it by 8pm! I need to get to bed earlier too! What is everyone’s ‘after dinner /evening’ look like... ? Thinking of taking up crocheting?? That’ll keep my hands busy!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!
I’m gardening!

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    May kind of snuck up on me!
    Meghan, I have been having the same trouble in the evenings. That is a good idea, I might get my quilting out or start a new crochet project. Enjoy your gardening!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    OH! I almost forgot to tell y'all! I have a job interview! The prayers and positive thoughts worked! I have heard mixed reviews about this school, but it never hurts to interview. Have a great week!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the interview, Kate! Today is a Bank Holiday in UK, so of course it is raining! I will do some knitting and reading, but have my usual running training and dance class this evening.
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,973 Member
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday all!

Thanks for starting the thread for the lovely month of MAY! My birthday is six days away from now. :o

We had some nice weather this weekend and got the patio table and chairs fully set up. We were doing some yard work yesterday, which was nice. It was 80 degrees F here! We collected some branches that fell recently from all the wind we have had, pulled some weeds, and swept up leaves and pine needles from the patio.

Doing a bit of a restart today. Also will be going back to eating a salad at lunch a few days a week, instead of low carb wraps everyday. More simple and less processed. Dinner is usually a protein and some veggies. I bought chicken breasts on sale and am planning to marinate them and freeze them in packages of two. Easy to throw in the oven or on the grill once defrosted.

@mamainthekitchen yes I am with you! For me it is the weekends and being lazy and eating things we shouldn't. Sigh...

@KateNkognito woo hoo regarding the interview! Glad to hear it and sending more positive vibes!

@melaniecheeks enjoy your holiday today. No wonder work is so quiet today. Lots of people are off / closed today. :)

Hope you have a great day. See you all soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Sorry @mamainthekitchen ! My brain was fried and I wrote Meghan instead of your name!
    Funny for the day: kid leans over and licks someone else's arm at recess and says, "YOU may be yummy, but I'M delicious!" 🤣
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all!

We survived another Monday! :smiley:

Monday went well, WOE wise. Today so far so good. Missed my window for my mid day protein shake so will be having lunch soon.

LOL @KateNkognito crazy kids!

Hope everybody is good and feeling well. Have a great day and see you all soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! I hope the week is going well for everyone! I had a pretty good fast yesterday, but then I, yet again, fell off the wagon with the snacking in the evening.

@Meghan509 Glad you are doing well!

I am off to do the laundry and adult-type things. Tomorrow is our 20th anniversary. I can't believe we have made it this long. Kind of weird to realize that much time has flown by. I think it is going to be low key and we are just going to grill and hang out in the backyard and enjoy the weather and the flowers. Have a great week! Stay healthy!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Happy Anniversary Kate!
    I actually booked flights yesterday for the first time in a year! It's my son's 30th birthday at the end of the month, and his partner asked if I would like to come over (to England) for a surprise visit. I'm still looking for wedding guest outfits - a friend lent me a fascinator and bag which I think go with this dress quite well.0asu4ad1blw9.jpg
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @melaniecheeks You look adorable! Have fun on your trip!

The MFP writers annoy me, sometimes. They wrote a whole article with scientific backing for intermittent fasting, then ended the article saying, nevermind, calorie restriction is the only thing that really works. Grr!

Anniversary was nice. Wednesday is the new Monday. I hope everyone is doing well! Stay healthy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Happy belated 20th anniversary Kate!! Grilling at home sounds great! I totally get the fried brain thing! Lol! And yes your kids sound hilarious! I walked past an elementary school on a walk the other day, must’ve been recess.... ahhhh the loud pitch and screeching!!! You deserve a medal!

Melanie I’m jealous of your trip planned! Have fun and you look great!

Meghan glad you’re doing well... 80 F !! Holy cow! That’s actually hot! Enjoy that patio!

I’ve had 3 friends have bdays this past week! One call was 3hrs long! Lots to catch up on!

Tomorrow my mom gets her cast off, but they may put another on.... we’ll see! I will be taking her, too much waiting for my dad. I’m trying (not hard enough obviously) to stick to an eating plan... a few sabotaged attempts at 5:2 and 18:6.... I’ve also had some decent walks but forget to turn off the tracking and proceed to drive to a few stores then remember around 7pm!! Whoops!

Have a great Thursday people!

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Looks like I missed checking in yesterday - busy at work which is nice because all of a sudden the work day was over. Whoot!

Happy belated 20th wedding anniversary, @KateNkognito! Hope you had a great day.

Love your dress, @melaniecheeks and hope you have a great time on your trip. So nice to see people flying and traveling again woo hoo!

@mamainthekitchen nice to hear about your Mom getting the cast off. Hope she gets good news at the doctor!
    Hang in there with your eating, it will happen. <3

Things are pretty good here. Been enjoying salad lunches again. I had gotten REALLY tired of eating the same lettuces every week, but I am back to appreciating it again. Still have not had a hard boiled egg or tuna fish with mayo. Yuck. Anyone else get grossed out eating the same thing over and over again or am I weird? LOL

Taking a vacation day tomorrow. Trying to use up some days I had left over from 2020. My birthday is Sunday and so is Mother's Day. We are having my guy's parents over for a visit, Saturday in to Sunday. Their first time visiting our new place. Should be fun. :)

Have a great day and see you guys soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Hi all!

Meghan, sounds like you’re going to enjoy a long weekend!!! Happy Birthday to you my virtual friend!!!!! <3:* enjoy your special day!!

Happy Mother’s Day to all who celebrate <3

Ps... no more cast for me mom she’s doing awesome! Take your calcium pills people!! She’s 89 and dr was surprised at her recovery!!

Forgetting to log my food AND my walks!! Doing ok but could use my strict inner voice yelling at me.... I’ve lost it!

• KateNkognito
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Meghan! I hope it was a good one!
    I hope everyone had a nice weekend. It was pretty relaxed here. I did a bunch of laundry and gave the dog a bath. I know, wild times.
    Mama, I am glad your mom healed quickly! I completely understand where you are with needing a stronger inner voice. I am currently avoiding the scale because I don't want to see where I currently am.
    Have a great week, y'all! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! I hope you had a nice Mother's Day.

Our weekend was nice! Nice to have family visiting and had a nice birthday and mother's day. Back to reality today sigh... LOL 49 years young now. Sigh... :s

@mamainthekitchen glad to hear your Mom is doing better! Yes, I do take calcium daily. Good to know it actually helps! LOL

@KateNkognito hope you had a nice weekend and Mother's Day. Relaxing is good!

Thursday we went for a walk after work, on our street, and it was really nice! There is a school just up the road and there were kids playing basketball. So nice to see. Got in a good two miles or so. BF walks slower than me due to hip pains but that's okay. Nice to get out.

Hoping to walk a few more nights after work this week. The weather should be nice this week. April showers bring May flowers!

Have a great day and see you all soon!
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I found your wonderful group last month but forgot to star the thread. I just found it again and went back and saw all of the very nice welcome messages that you guys left me. THANK YOU. I've started the thread this time so I'll be able to come back and join each day.

To reintroduce myself, I'm Jessica and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been IF constantly for about a month. I love how it allows me to eat larger meals towards the end of the day. I follow at 16:8 schedule (eating between 11-7). What schedules do you guys follow and how long have you been IF?
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Welcome back, @trinati2001! I am glad that fasting is working for you. The thing I like best is that everyone can do what works best for them. I do alternate day fasting (ADF). On fast days I have about 500 calories, usually for dinner. On non-fast days, I eat what I want. It works for me. I did 5:2 off and on for a few years, and would have moderate success, but I kept falling off the wagon. Last summer, I started what I am doing now, and I have lost about 30 pounds since then. I have recently been stressed and busy, so I haven't been doing well, but the random fasts that I have done have kept me from gaining too much. That is more than you asked for, but I am in a chatty mood this evening. :D

@Meghan509 I am glad you had such a nice weekend! 49 is a good age. Old enough to know better, young enough to still have fun. :)

Off to do the grown up things. Though, I might have a cookie and ramen for dinner and watch Frozen while I fold laundry. Because that is totally adult choice... right? LOL Have a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

@trinati2001
    Welcome back! Sure, happy to fill you in about me and my Intermittent Fasting. From say March 2020 or when lock down started a 18:6 schedule where I would eat from 3pm to 9pm. Note I drink coffee in the AM with half and half and monk fruit sweetener, so this is my version of IF. It works nicely for me.

Now I am a little more relaxed with my eating window and have a low carb shake at say 1pm then will have lunch at 3pm and finish eating anything by 9pm. I follow a more relaxed keto / low carb diet lately. I have around 20 pounds to lose before I hope to start maintenance and be at my goal weight. I lost my weight doing keto.

My long term BF and I do this together. We are both working from home and we don't have children. Lately the weekends have been a bit naughty and the scale shows that. Been maintaining for the most part for the past few weeks.

@KateNkognito
    I know we have been posting a lot together over the last few years, but it is good to know what you have been up to eating wise and what's working for you! LOL Cookies and ramen sound awesome. :smiley:

The weather was iffy last night after work, here's to hoping for a walk tonight!!

Have a great day all. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Morning, all! Went for a walk with the dog and am powering through a fast. I am NOT going to snack after dinner!

@Meghan509 It's nice to hear specifics, even though we have been posting here for a long time. I hope the weather cooperates and you can go for a walk.

To everyone else, have a lovely day.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    I got myself together, had a really good fast yesterday, then weighed in this morning. Not as bad as I thought, but not great. With some good fasts, I should be back where I was in a month or so. Plus, I think there is a lot of water weight from all the salty snacks I have been having. Back on the fast train for me.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!

QUICK hi for now. Busy day here. Good news is I have gotten in a good 18 hour fast since I am in the office today. Going to head home soon and have lunch and work remote for rest of the day.

See you all soon!