Busy wife help!

I work a night shift caretaker job 7am to 7 pm and a financial representative 8 am to 5 pm. I need low carb high protein recipes that are easy and quick. Open to ideas. No food allergies. Fast food is not an option.

Replies

• foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    sandwich meat, cheese slice, raw vegetables, fresh raw fruit. strawberries are good with white cheese, havartti or muenster. cold plate work best for me. bag of Cesar salad and seared chicken breast.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    I always liked to take a big mason jar and fill it with salad stuff. A row of lettuce, one of cheese, some tomatoes, more lettuce, chicken or tofu, olives, more lettuce, garbanzo beans....etc. top with a vinaigrette. Shake it up and eat. This is my go-to packed lunch
  • vparks5915
    vparks5915 Posts: 20 Member
    I know what you mean about being busy. What I do is if I don’t have time to cook my own chicken I buy 2 rotisserie chickens from the grocery store. Then I add either fresh , frozen or canned veggies as a side. Whenever possible I food prep for the week. It takes me about an hour but it saves me so much time and calories.
  • txkajun263
    txkajun263 Posts: 54 Member
    vparks5915 wrote: »
    I know what you mean about being busy. What I do is if I don’t have time to cook my own chicken I buy 2 rotisserie chickens from the grocery store. Then I add either fresh , frozen or canned veggies as a side. Whenever possible I food prep for the week. It takes me about an hour but it saves me so much time and calories.

That's a great idea. You could even chop some of it up, add it to low sodium chicken broth and maybe throw in some 'pasta', add a little seasoning, and you've got chicken soup!

I love this 'pasta' in soup.

clvijqojsmkf.png
  • Luluetduet8
    Luluetduet8 Posts: 49 Member
    Pack snacks in bags where you know the calories. Dried mango, nuts, kale chips.

Here are my other go tos:

Greek Yogurt, blueberries, and almonds.

Turkey and avocado on a English muffin

Omelettes

Cottage cheese, raspberries, and seeds

Protein Smoothies

Beyond burger with lettuce wrap

• txkajun263
    txkajun263 Posts: 54 Member
    txkajun263 wrote: »
    vparks5915 wrote: »

That's a great idea. You could even chop some of it up, add it to low sodium chicken broth and maybe throw in some 'pasta', add a little seasoning, and you've got chicken soup!

I love this 'pasta' in soup.

I love this in soup, too! Also, I have used it with home made pasta sauce and other ways as well. I buy it on Amazon in the four pack 'box', and it's less expensive. It doesn't have the pretty packaging so that cuts down on the cost.

Super glad I found this stuff!
  • stealthette
    stealthette Posts: 35 Member
    Have you tried rice cakes? They are as low as 30 calories per circle. They're about the size of your hand. Lower carbs than bread. Really nice with peanut butter for your protein.

There are oatcakes as well, they'd fit in your palm and each of these is about 30 calories as well. You can buy flavoured versions of both of these and the calories go up but not much at all.

You could eat them with cream cheese and ham on top, but they don't make a sandwich as such. More like a giant hors d'oeuvre.
  • stealthette
    stealthette Posts: 35 Member
    edited July 2021
    Here's a typical nutritional label of plain rice cakes, it's like eating air. Really it's just a vessel for your protein to sit on. Sorry, it's so big I don't know how to make it smaller.

vgd7pdj7wbe1.png
  • foreverhealthy3
    foreverhealthy3 Posts: 107 Member
    edited October 2021
    https://juliasalbum.com/parmesan-spaghetti-squash-spinach-and-bacon-with-pine-nuts/#recipe
    https://skinnyms.com/broccoli-and-mushroom-stir-fry-vegan-stir-fry-recipes/
    you can bring up many low carb recipes on pinterest for free
    homemade soups are good for vegetables and protein