Fasting

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone here also participates in fasting (not eating for a certain amount of hours before the first meal of the day)

See, back in high school I often skipped breakfast (had no time to eat and preferred more resting time) and slowly but surely I wasn't hungry for breakfast. Back then my metabolism was fastest. Today (only 6 years later) - if I have a late breakfast (say around 11:00 am) I notice weight loss almost immediately.

I hear mixed reviews on whether or not it is healthy or actually works. I do know It is tough to stick to as I am typically now hungry as soon as I wake. May I ask, does anyone fast purposely? If so, has it had a positive impact on your weight loss journey?

Replies

• d82_myfitjourney
    d82_myfitjourney Posts: 15 Member
    Hello and yes I’ve fasted on and off for years. There are many benefits for fasting and I am back to fasting this month typically I fast 14-16 hours per 24 hours and in the past I’ve dropped weight quick which is why I’ve started back... there are also plenty of fasting app you can use. Now when I first started it a few years back I only fasted for 10-12 hours and still had great results and you can eat whatever you want in your eating time.
  • Itsanerdthing91
    Itsanerdthing91 Posts: 5 Member
    I like the app zero 16 hour fast . I've been wanting to get serious about it to help with late night snacking . 7pm to 11 am . I've heard great things I just would have to have coffee in morning. It's a deal breaker lol
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    I'm similar. The earlier in the day, the earlier I am hungry! Coffee tides me through till my kids have lunch at 11 usually. But I also have to snack in the evening. So I feel like my whole day is just shifted.
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    I've been doing a 16:8 fast for about 2 months now. I eat from 11am-7pm. I have noticed that I'm less hungry in the mornings now that I've been keeping it up. I usually have a big lunch maybe a snack and a big dinner.

It's been working well for me, but increasing my water was critical. I need at least 100oz a day.
  • amberatkinsagain
    amberatkinsagain Posts: 22 Member
    increasing my water was critical. I need at least 100oz a day.

Thank you for the tip! Any great resources on fasting you've found helpful?
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    i fast but i am not a breakfast eater so that helps. My eating window is 10-6 I 16:8. I try not to eat to late but that is due to a medical reason. I find that green tea and water helps to keep my appetite at bay. I also plan out meals and keep low calories snacks to keep me within my calories .