Has anyone gained weight due to changing Metformin manufacturers?

Options
stacicali
stacicali Posts: 137 Member
About 4 weeks before the pandemic, my pharmacy changed Metformin manufacturers. I immediately steadily gained a pound a week. The manufacturer is Sci btw. If I change pharmacies, I can get Metformin from Heritage which looks like it has similar fillers to my beloved lost Glucophage. Has anyone ever gained weight from a manufacturer change? Did the weight come back off once you switched manufacturers?

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    stacicali wrote: »
    About 4 weeks before the pandemic, my pharmacy changed Metformin manufacturers. I immediately steadily gained a pound a week. The manufacturer is Sci btw. If I change pharmacies, I can get Metformin from Heritage which looks like it has similar fillers to my beloved lost Glucophage. Has anyone ever gained weight from a manufacturer change? Did the weight come back off once you switched manufacturers?

Any updates?

FYI, I switched pharmacies to an independent, which offered to get me week's worth of 8 different generics after brand Glucophage vanished. On my new pharmacist's recommendation, I wound up trying Oceanside first, which was both GI and BG friendly, so I've stuck with it.