SModa61 Posts: 2,858 Member
    Options
    achagpar wrote: »
    May 18:

Another one of those days...

Exercise: Yes! 20 min indoor walking workout
    Track: nope
    Under calorie goal: nope

Passes used: 5... officially out of the running for the winner’s circle. At this point, I’m just struggling to get myself back on track... have any of you realized how much of a head game weight loss is? You really have to have your head in the game... mine sadly has been stressed out with other things but if I can just hang on and try not to gain weight, I’ll be doing well....

@achagpar I totally agree about the head game aspect. In my most recent weight journey, that has been with the UAC, my head was quite good until I hit maintenance. The challenge of finding stasis and the mental aspect of being ok with and those gains that you actually need to balance out any losses is a slightly different one than during the months of loss. Given that mental challenges can happen at any point, during losing phase or in the future maintenance, addressing the head game aspect in each of us is important in order to achieve life long success and habits. One thing that being in the UAC has helped with is that my stumbles are shorter lived, which is awesome.

During this stressful stretch, is there any way you can find the time to pre-track? I have found that if I can deal with that short term "burden" of planning in advance, then the mental stress of "what am I eating next" is eased for that period of time I pre-tracked. I have pre-tracked as much as 10 days in the past (rare, but got me through). I also find that in the pre-track, I "steal" previous days by hitting "copy to" and select the next date. Also, feeling the success of even a single day, can remove that "failure" stress. It sounds like you have general life stressors going on, but if your diet piece can not add to your stresses it helps you twofold by helping your health and not adding more stress to everything else that is going on. Just and idea.

Also, if the above is not pertinent, consider sharing with the group your dynamics and you might get some great feedback that helps you out. If you look at May 19, @winner_in_life put up a post this morning that may be beneficial to check out and work off of.
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld
    "...and die happy". This what I thought at the beginning of the pandemic. We are all going to die.. Who cares whether fat or slim. :) In one year I was still on this side of the world but with more kilos... This is unbelievable was fear can do with a human
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    I thought of two more acronyms today as I was typing my post here on MFP and commenting on others. HHD (Happy Hump Day!) and WFH (work from home!) I just had to pop back on here and share them because I didn't want any of y'all to have FOMO! :lol: (Yes, I'm sleep deprived today!)
  • JacquelineCharmander
    JacquelineCharmander Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Exercise:✅
    Tracked:✅
    Under:✅
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    5/17
    Exersized-?yes
    Caleries?-yes
    Logged?-yes
  • SRMDB
    SRMDB Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @SModa61 dead with laugh is jus an exaggerated laugh when the joke is super funny
  • Hulya_79
    Hulya_79 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    May 18

Exercise: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass days: 2/3
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,858 Member
    Options
    SRMDB wrote: »
    @SModa61 dead with laugh is jus an exaggerated laugh when the joke is super funny

I’ll remember that!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    February 10/3
    March 12/3
    April 10/3

3 yes

4/3
  • JacquelineCharmander
    JacquelineCharmander Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Exercise:✅
    Tracked:✅
    Under:✅
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    Catching up post vacation ....

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes ... walked 8.9 miles
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Passes used: 3/3
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,219 Member
    Options
    May 18

Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracked: Yes
    Pass days: 2/3
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    @_JeffreyD_ lol I see what you did there!
    @Bovaryoo I'd rather emojis too. This one can never be over used --> 🤷🏾‍♀️

At my current place of work, we have an internal ability to chat. That said, we make up many acronyms because we're paranoid our IT Team does randoms audits of chat usage. An example of two...

PITA (common parlance): pain in the (butt)
    P.A. (made up): professionally assertive

Let's just say PITA and PA can be used interchangeably when it comes to the email requests (or follow ups) we send to colleagues outside of our team. 🤷🏾‍♀️

---|---|---|--
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | Post-vaxx trial walk (20) TOTAL: 20
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | Base
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES |
    ---|---|---|---

Personal Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? NO | 25%
    Pass Days Used: (MAY14)
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    @MaltedTea Love the new photo!