New here - Hey folks

croakingtoadyv
croakingtoadyv Posts: 2 Member
edited May 2021 in Social Groups
My wife and got our Fitbits (both Charge 4) back in April and have been logging our activity, calorie intake, exercises, and weight loss goals, etc then. Recently, due to Fitbits less than stellar food logging (custom recipes are a real pain to create and get all the nutritional values), we asked around and were pointed to MFP. We tend to eat mostly home cooked meals and try to avoid as much processed foods as we can.

So as a first test, I created an account and paired my MFP account to my Fitbit and am starting today to use the MFP side of things.. IT seems pretty straight forward, but some of the messages I got when setting up my account were a bit concerning.

Here's what I'm doing and please let me know of I an not doing it properly.

1 - I have linked my Fitbit device to my MFP account.
2 - I am logging my food intake in my MFP diary
3 - I am logging my water intake in my MFP Diary
4 - I am using the Fit bit to log my steps and exercise (I'm restricted to brisk walking for the time being)

I have already created one custom recipe for a homemade pasta sauce - it was far easier in MFP and all the nutrient values are there.

The FitBIt app and MFP app appears to be syncing properly, at least the calorie intake is getting synced from MFP to the Fitbit app.

So my question is, am I using MFP with my Fitbit in the best way possible by just using MFP to track food intake and custom foods and letting the Fitbit device do all the other monitoring?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    The way you're describing using it is the way that I use it -- I use Fitbit to track my activity, I use MFP to track my food. They're synced, so the calorie count logged on MFP goes to Fitbit and the activity recorded on Fitbit goes to MFP. It's worked well for me since 2015. One note: sometimes syncing from Fitbit to MFP is delayed or even down for a few days. It's been a consistent issue during the time I've logged here, but it has never lasted that long for me. During these times, the sync will "catch up" after it is resolved so I will still see the information for previous days once it is restored. The issues, as far as I can tell, are usually on MFP's side. When there is a big issue, you can get details on the "Help" page of MFP's website in the "Troubleshooting" section.
  • croakingtoadyv
    croakingtoadyv Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for the input and advice. Will keep it in mind.