Newbie Doing OMAD

Options
tsazani
tsazani Posts: 830 Member
This is my 8th day of OMAD. I had been reading about IF for some time now. Never tried it because I have type 2 diabetes. We are not supposed to fast.

Eight days ago I said "whst the hell" and went for the OMAD versión of IF. So instead of eating my 2000 cal Atkins diet over 3 meals and 3 snacks I ate the whole thing in one sitting. I've done this now for 8 straight days.

So far the results have been AMAZING. My blood sugars began improving immediately. On day 5 mg blood sugars went completely normal.

I feel great. I have not had one stop of hunger or carb craving.

I'm thinking of not eating tomorrow and going 48 tours. Too soon? Or do I just go for it?

Replies

• Miss_Missy_Bee
    Miss_Missy_Bee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Just listen to your body as the more we rest our digestion system the better our bodies can heal us!
  • bentanner25
    bentanner25 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, great job!

Yeah there's kind of a false message out there that people with diabetes need to eat carbs consistently. But fasting is probably more helpful for people with diabetes than anyone else!

Keep up the good work :-)

And yes, if you want to, you can do even longer fast, but you may as well work your way up to it little by little. Let your body adapt gradually.
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I did a little video here: https://youtu.be/Qv_gMrx6wv0 I've done intermittent fasting, OMAD and now am on modified alternate day fasting. Contact me if you'd like to be in a fasting group - would someone start one? Other ones are old on MFP, they don't look active.