"This May I Will" Are you ready?

Options
12346»

Replies

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I am posting now and plan to go back later to read everyone's posts for the month. I hope to respond in a day or so, otherwise I will never enter my post, and I do want to actually do this during May 🙄.

Earlier I was pondering why I hadn't actually posted this month. There has definitely been a variety of things going on, and some difficulties as well. One major thing is that I promised myself not to get on the computer, or at least MFP, in the later evening, and especially no longer at night time, and then to figure out when to post during the day. Well, I definitely did not post at night! But obviously I never figured out when to post during the day. My looking at email at nighttime was also included in my new rule 😲.

I will have to attach posting to or after something 🤷‍♀️❓ earlier in the evening after my I Wills are completed.

On the positive side of this is that I am forcing myself to go to sleep earlier😴 more often. Although I did some coloring to get some wind-down time sometimes instead of going right to sleep.
    I received my second vaccine two 1/2 weeks ago. So that is finally done. I've been really struggling with some rough arthritis flare ups this month and trying to figure out the 'why' of that. And we finally had to replace our refrigerator which ended up being a bigger use of my time than I expected it to be. It seemed to be wise to do so now, before it finally gave out after all these years, as the signs were there that it could be soon enough. So it has been busy at times. But the main thing was not having a good plan of when to post.

I started adding in some various light strength exercises for my arms during April. During May I decided that I'm adding in some experimental strength exercises for my legs also.

AFTER I _____ start to heat my tea water_____
    I WILL ____ do upper body exercises with weights while the water is heating up ____ 3 times a day currently. Every day except on a planned rest day.

AFTER I ____ I haven't found anything yet to attach this one to it so I just attempt to remember to do it: One back up plan I do have is that when I look over the exercise planner to see that I wrote everything in it, if I haven't done anything for the lower body or the third upper body (no extra tea that day perhaps) I just go and do both right then and write it in.

I WILL ____ do lower body strength exercises____ What and how will vary as I experiment with what might work for me. Every day except on a planned rest day.

I looked through my planner for May and everyday I did both the upper body 🤸‍♀️ and lower body ✨ strength building exercises/ or other activity as planned for that day.
    So it was a good month for the "I Wills"!

I will catch up with you all later 💗,

🤠🌺
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    @texasgardnr I'll say it was a GOOD month as far as faithfulness to your strengthening exercises!! I'm sorry to hear your arthritis has flared up. Sometimes it's hard to figure it out...most people blame it on the weather :D I hope you feel as free as I do now that you've had your second vaccine. It is wonderful to be able to be with people and not have to dig out the old mask again. And I hope you like your new refrigerator. Mine was used when we bought it...back in 1997. Must have been a good one cuz it's still humming along. It was great hearing from you and I'm sure you'll figure out a posting time when you can.

@MadisonMolly2017 Thank you for not thinking of me as old. I generally don't think so either but 3 days with the kids and a few rounds of hot potato and other ball games had me thinking otherwise. I can turn this around. If anyone knows about Joan McDonald who started getting in shape in her late 60's, you know it's never too late to start.

I'm afraid to go back and read previous posts without posting this because I have to go back a page. I'll be baaack!!!
  • nebslp
    Options
    @themedalist You must be over the moon about seeing your daughter and SIL-to be soon! 18 months must have felt like an eternity. I'm sure you were able to zoom or FaceTime, but it's just not the same as seeing them in person and giving them a big hug. It's so true that staying strong and independent is something we need to strive for every day through regular activities. Cleaning is good for something! :D Thank you for taking the time to keep us challenged and engaged. I am so curious about what's in store for June.

@angelica843 Congrats on staying the course this month! I, too, know all about the busy end of the school year. I hope you can enjoy your summer and get some much needed rest.

Hi to everyone else! Looking forward to your progress reports soon :)

One more day left in May. It's been a good month in some ways, really hard in others. I'm hoping/praying June will be even better.
  • nebslp
    Options
    Last day to meet our goals in May! I was really sore this morning and my knee was not feeling happy, but I did CS anyway. Then as I was on my way to the front porch for meditation, I noticed the mama swallow was sitting in the nest and I didn’t want to bother her. So I found another great spot on the other side of the house on the deck facing the grove. Just as I sat down, papa swallow flew by as if to thank me🤔. One more day done to round out the month😁

Thank you to all veterans for your service 🇺🇸
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,786 Member
    Options
    Great updates everyone! I am so happy to see that we are finishing the month strong! On to June!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,754 Member
    Options
    Final check in for the month. And my nails are looking good.
    mwobmvu4b9gz.jpeg
    4s95dcyj7hlc.jpeg

nc4hktsi8aqm.jpeg
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    May was great with a lot accomplished! Congratulations everyone!

I’m excited to see what you choose to do for the new Summer Challenge!!!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,786 Member
    Options
    Well my tracker for may is nowhere near as pretty as @77tes but I focused on one item totally. It was interesting that the only spike I saw toward the end of the month was when my back spasm'ed out on me for a few days. Visually the trackers are REALLY helpful.I know that there are a lot of things which influence BP and it's apparent that pain not only effects RHR but also blood pressure in my case.. However looking big picture I see a good trend and I honestly FEEL better with less night sweats and the chest pain I had for a few months. gone!

3tntqfd6h3yy.png
  • nebslp
    Options
    Hi! I just saw this post. @summerSkier and @77tes Both trackers look great! @SummerSkier I’m seeing LoTs of green there!🙂 I agree that they are helpful especially when keeping track of numbers daily. You can really see and analyze your progress that way. And make tweaks if needed. Thanks for sharing!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,754 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier , those are some terrific numbers! Cool way to track BP.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    @SummerSkier WoW! what a creative and excellent idea for how to track your numbers! I totally agree with @nebslp that it is so easy for you to immediately see your trends as well as being able to analyze what is going on very quickly! Well done on your progress and making the tracker!!

@77tes Awesome tracker! The new tracker book is turning out to be very versatile for you. And as always, you creatively make your monthly tracker very pretty and a work of art also. Another excellent month! PS, your nails do look amazing!!

@nebslp We visited our son and his family this weekend. Hugs and cuddles with my little grand daughter! We've seen them for occasional driveway sort of visits or drive-by/ drop off stuff moments but as we all know that is just not the same. This weekend we still followed the post vaccine guidelines but being actually able to see smiles again was very special.

🤠🌺