Motivated in May

Options
barbhat13
barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
edited May 2021 in Social Groups
Healthy Barb 2022 stalled in April...foot injury, lung Covid complications and loss of job with bad metabolic markers from lab work. Overwhelming fatigue.
Soooo....rebooting!
May goals
1. Get rid of diet coke... such an addiction for me.
2. Strict carb counting
3. Try for 30 minutes exercise daily.
4. Decrease whining over loss of job...We Remain Grateful!
5. Develop new ways to work out.
6. Lose 5lbs... had already lost and regained 2.

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    barbhat13 OMG did you loose your job because of covid? Are you old enough to retire?
    this year has come with so many challenges and yes I too have overwhelming fatigue. I lucked out my strokes were in my thalamus so I have some cognitive impairment. My leg is getting better not as heavy and The all over pain is now almost gone. My memory short term is getting better but I feel like I lost a whole year.

I am sending you lots of well wishes. Slow and steady just one day at a time.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I was going to make a June post but I couldn't remember how. Oh well it's not the end of the world. So today I had to run and get samples of my medication. My insurance won't cover them and the group they told me to go to for assistance told me to use my 401k! Okay I don't have a pension that's it and it costs me to take money out and I have to return it. If I can't afford 800. literally I can't afford 800 a month. I think it stinks a generic won't be out till mid 2028. I told them I was going to need a generic or different meds even though these meds are like a miracle drug. they were like stop in and we will give you samples. Thank you so much because all I thought was this is going to be rough switching from something that I consider a god send to a new drug but I was going to do it.

I hope you are doing better. I keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yes lost my ER position due to Covid fatigue and shortness of breath. I am working a temp job in the hospital still. But too tired even to walk daily when working....got 2 interviews this week...

Glad to hear you are recovering.