Getting back on

Options
AlyssaP1987
AlyssaP1987 Posts: 259 Member
I do sooo much better on keto, but it's always hard for me to get started. Then when I do, I do so good for months. The second I cheat I lose all self control. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Qbaimee
    Qbaimee Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    same here! I am struggling so bad to stay on right now. It works for me as long as I stay on plan. I love the way I feel while in ketosis but getting to that point is so hard right now!
  • DitzyDeb1
    DitzyDeb1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Same here. I lost 70# in 2017 but then had several personal issues: 2 back surgeries, daughter died of ovarian cancer in 2018, caring for mom with dementia, mom died in 2020. Gained most of it back. Now will start keto again tomorrow. Wish me luck. I wish both of you luck on your journey.
  • adreid113
    adreid113 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do sooo much better on keto, but it's always hard for me to get started. Then when I do, I do so good for months. The second I cheat I lose all self control. Any suggestions?
    I hear ya! i am trying for the first time. about 2 weeks in. When I feel i want to cheat, i try to stay keto. Like if i want chips, i eat pork rinds (i just have to not think about them, yuck). When I want something sweet/chocolate/soft; i try to find something keto (like chocolate mousse, cake, cinnamon rolls). I keep carb smart bread just in case i crave a sandwich. I strictly track my intake, so i can look back on it! like yesterday, i went out to eat with the hubby. we cautiously picked items--stuffed mushrooms, jumbo shrimp for appetizers; and for meal large steak, steamed broccoli--with nice lump of butter:) and bleu cheese wedge salad. Then a white claw! I logged over 3000 calories that day!!! but hey, I am still in ketosis. I enjoyed my wonderful meal, and I just ate less today.
  • CaifancitaLu
    CaifancitaLu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello guys - newbie here. Seems like this is the only active thread on the Keto group. I hope it just means that everyone that's no longer active has reached their goals. :)

I'm in the research and planning/ prepping phase and plan on launching my new lifestyle next week.

Any tips you all can share that helped you get started?

Thanks and nice to meet you all!