Monthly Post for June 2021

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,971 Member
Good morning all!

Hope you had a good long weekend. Going to catch up on posts from the last few days.

Hope everyone is well. :) Weekend was good here. The birds are loving the new bird feeder. LOL

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! I had a few off-plan days - a family wedding on Friday, and then a visit to my son for his 30th. So I'm back on it today! Aiming for a very strict 21 days, no booze, 800 cals and TRE.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Back online after having Monday and Tuesday off. :)

Hope all is well.

@melaniecheeks sounds like you had a nice weekend and time with your son and family!

Our weather over the long weekend was straight up terrible here. Friday, Saturday, Sunday and most of Monday was COLD and RAINY! :'( Second part of the weekend was better. Went to a friend's house on Sunday for a Memorial Day get together and we were all in sweaters, jeans, and slippers inside. LOL

Looking forward to warmer weather, beach and being outdoors!

Otherwise, things are good here. Have a good day and a good rest of the week. See you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Haha.... omg Meghan... I’m trying my best to send warm sunny weather your way!! No clouds in sight here... currently having a weak lemonade on the sundeck under the umbrella!!!!! I’ve done lots of gardening today, planted two plants to let my “lovely” neighbours know where my property ends!! :#

I’ve not had much of a fast in any shape or form but I am watching and being mindful, that’s a plus right?

Melanie sounds like you had a great weekend!

It’s Thursday tomorrow people!! Where does the time gooooo???
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    @Meghan509 It is sunny and nice here, so it should be heading your way by the weekend!

@mamainthekitchen Time flies when you're having fun. Or gardening. :)

I have a list of things to do that isn't going magically get itself done. (Who knew?) So I had best be off. Have a good day! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Good morning!

Popped in to work for a few hours. Met two new people who started with us late last year. Nice to be getting a little more back to "normal". Whatever that is. :blush:

Our new bird feeder is a huge hit with the birds. LOL Yesterday we had a wood pecker visiting us a few times!

WOE is okay. Need to be better on the weekends. Thinking it is time to change things up and add some more carbs during the week so weekends are not so iffy. Sigh...

Hope all is well with you guys!

Thanks @mamainthekitchen I appreciate sunny weather being sent over! We are getting more rain today and some tomorrow but the weekend is supposed to be sunny and HOT. BRING IT ON!!

@KateNkognito thanks for the weather vibes too!! :smiley:

Have a good one and see you all soon.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Hope everybody is good. :)

Doing a restart come Monday. Going to move from the Keto Diet over to a Mediterranean Diet with whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and more fiber. Been feeling kind of bored with low carb for the last few months and have been eating poorly on weekends as a result. Time for a refresh!

Going to head to Trader Joe's tonight to pick up some fruits, veggies, whole grain bread, oatmeal or steel cut oats, canned beans and nut butter. Will aim to eat a good amount of proteins, fats, and carbs to try and feel more satisfied and less deprived. 1200-1300 calories per day with some fasting thrown in here and there. :)

Nice weather on tap here for the weekend! Sunny and 80's F. Planning to hit the beach on Sunday and maybe Saturday, depending on if friends join us for lunch or not.

Have a great day and a nice weekend. See you soon!
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    Happy Saturday! Had my 2nd pfizer jab yesterday so my arm is a bit achy today. But got through Friday evening with no alcohol (had a Gordons 0% Gin and diet tonic in the garden, which was lovely) and am down 3 pounds this morning! Visiting a friend for lunch today, so I shall try to stick to plan as much as I can, and I will have swedish carrot and cod for dinner, with a glass of alcohol free rose.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

Nice @melaniecheeks I had good luck with the Pfizer shot. No issues.
    Three pounds down is awesome! Way to go.

Hope you are all having a good weekend! Enjoy. B)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    It is a beautiful day again!
    @Meghan509 Sometimes it is good to change things up and get re-inspired. :) Enjoy your weekend!
    @melaniecheeks Sounds like you are on a roll! Enjoy your visit!
    Off to soak up all the lovely weather! Have a good one! Stay healthy!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Motivation: Two different groups of family coming to town. Must be thinner.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Good fast yesterday. Have today planned out. I am on a roll! Have a great week, y'all!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Monday!

@KateNkognito thanks! Yes, I know what you mean about motivation. For me - summer is almost here and I want to feel a little more shorts and bathing suit ready. Later this year we will see more family visiting. Next year, in approximately eleven months I turn 50. Sigh... Need to stay focused and try to be the best and healthiest I can be.

We had a nice weekend. Finally great weather here. Went to the beach yesterday and it was really nice. Lots of people were swimming but we didn't. We stayed put and relaxed under the umbrella. Good times.

Hope everybody has a good day and a great week. See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

Day one went well of Mediterranean WOE. Felt so nice and so strange to be eating organic brown rice with dinner! YUMMY.

Made some overnight oats to have today at around noon or so. 1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk (Vanilla), 1/2 cup Organic Rolled Oats, 1 tsp chia seeds, 1 tsp cinnamon. Put all in a bowl in the refridge and overnight it bulked up. Will let you know how it tastes.

Hope you have a good and healthy day / week. Hot here!! See you all soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 Glad you are liking your new WOE. I hope it works well for you!

This week is already shaping up to be a busy one! Today is a fast day. I am going to change things up a little and have my meal for brunch (10:30ish) and see how that goes. I have been reading about how an early eating window is better, but I am not sure how it will work for me. We'll see.

Have a great week! Stay healthy!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Got side tracked by an interview and A JOB OFFER!! I am going to teach middle school science!! Going to go celebrate!
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    ooooh, good luck Kate!

I had a stressful day yesterday and ended up eating a croissant and a slice of sourdough toast. I'm making myself record it all in my food diary for accountability. At least I didn't reach for the wine....
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all!

Wednesday is here! The Mediterranean WOE is going well. Had sautéed green lentils with dinner and they were yummy. For after dinner we each had half an apple with some peanut butter on top. Delish. I feel like I am rediscovering fruits and gains all over again. :)

Congratulations @KateNkognito way to go on the job offer!! How'd the earlier meal time go? I have been experimenting with eating earlier as well. I like it.

@melaniecheeks sorry you had a tough day yesterday. Sending hugs.

@mamainthekitchen hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Quiet day working remotely today. In the office tomorrow for a bit. Have a good day and see you all soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Thanks for the well-wishes! Science is my thing, but middle school makes me a little nervous. :o

My mother-in-law's heat/AC unit went out a few weeks ago. Fortunately, it has been cool until the last week or so. Today I am hanging out at her house meeting all the workmen to get everything replaced. Fun times.

@Meghan509 I am liking the earlier time, I think. I am not sure if it is helping with sleeping better, or if I am just more worn out. LOL Glad you are liking the new WOE so much! Change is good, sometimes.

@melaniecheeks You will do better today! There is no failure if you don't quit! (Sorry, I sound like a motivational poster!)

@mamainthekitchen I hope you are busy enjoying your gardens and nice weather and grilling good things!

Have a great rest of the week! Be healthy!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, it’s been a week!
    My son’s blood sugar has been way out of wack… Dr thinks he’s officially out of the ‘honeymoon’ phase for his diabetes. Such a worry. Dr was good as this was all sudden. He now has an insulin pen use for once per day…. Long story, but he’s doing alright and a trooper. Gotta make it seem like it’s ok and not horrible even though it is! Ahhhh. So much to say and this is not the place for that :|

Off to see my parents for lunch today! Tomorrow my dog goes for acupuncture!!! Yup! She limps and after an extremely expensive mri they still don’t know what’s wrong.

Kate congratulations on your new position!!! I hope you love it! Science can be made to be so much fun!!! My kids were disappointed that their teachers weren’t like Bill Nye the science guy!!! Haha do you start in September??? And how did your early eating go?

Meghan I’m glad you’re enjoying a different variety of foods. I have to tell you, after all my losses, I also wanted to try the Mediterranean style. That did not last with me. Although I was probably distracted and not focused, but do remember feeling like it was the start of the end for me. Keep a watch on your cravings, new carbs in your diet will make you want more and I didn’t know that. Good luck to you! So nice your guy is always in sinc with eating plans!!!!!!

I’ve done pretty well eating by noonish, protein and salads usually, made a low carb rubarb crisp last night as a treat for my son… soo good, put once ounce of oatmeal in it and that was too much! Next time 1/2 oz… the rest is almond flour and 1T millet flour. Making him a batch of pancakes in few minutes… new hope mills brand! So good!
    I just need to eat like him and no sneaking candy and like Melanie, stay off the booze!

Hugs to all!
  • melaniecheeks
    Options
    Ohh I'm going to throw out the liquorice and twiglets that are my undoing in the evenings! I hate wasting food, but it's holding me back. I realise I can't deal with temptations if they are sitting there. Like the wine, I have to ban it from the house.