Replies

• JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    @smoda61 I think your prompts each day have been very thought provoking. Keep it up!

While I don’t have anything to share in response to that, I do have to say @MadisonMolly2017 I like your idea of how to not throw in the towel!
    I once heard this analogy- that if after you realize you’ve gone over your calories for the day, you just have an eating frenzy would be like discovering your car has a flat tire and then going and sticking a nail in the other 3!

Hahaha that is brilliant! @clutterqueen

@clutterqueen @madisonmolly2017 The analogy is perfect. I remember it from my WW years. It is very visual and gets the point across well. All or nothing mental attitude is a challenging one and it is one I struggle with all the time. I'll try to see breaking my day into segments helps overcome it.
  • SModa61
    Options
    @SModa61 Thanks for keeping our team on track. I appreciate you and your sacrifice to take the wheel.
    I'll jump back in after the weekend.
    Like you, at home, we are dealing with lots of home transition issues. It's a very emotional ride as we prepare to move from our home of 28 years.
    Exercise: active stretching; walking; and a half day full of stair climbing; lifting; sorting and carrying the first wave of furnishings from the house.
    Tracking: good
    Calories: Under my limit, and I got to have pizza.

@rangerrickL Really glad you are accomplishing much of what you hoped to. Our Real Estate is showing up here again this morning to follow up on our next steps.
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    All yes today!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    @Oofta - when I went on vacation in April, I realized that it’s not a license to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, as much as I wanted. If this is a lifestyle change, then I continue to make the same good choices I’m making now. Granted, eating 8n restaurants makes the choices a little more difficult, but it’s possible. Also, remind yourself that vacation isn’t about food, it’s about what you’re seeing or doing or visiting. Hope something helps. It can be tough for sure.

@mshawski - oh my gosh that is so sweet! I love that he wants to get dressed up wit( his bow tie.
  • JennyRebecca1978
    JennyRebecca1978 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    June 10:

Whew! Yesterday was particularly crazy, but I got everything in!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 45 minute walk that definitely relieved stress.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes!
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Pass days used: 2/3
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? I don't think I did. I didn't carry my phone with me on the dog walks, but I'm pretty sure they were very short "potty spins" due to the heat. So... no.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.

Second pass day used. 2/3

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Also, remind yourself that vacation isn’t about food, it’s about what you’re seeing or doing or visiting. Hope something helps. It can be tough for sure.

Except for me vacation is about the food especially when I'm going out of country. I have a reputation amongst my friends and family as being a foodie even though I personally hate that word. But I enjoy experiencing the local food. Some place like New Orleans for example is about the food. I take cooking classes in European and Asian countries. I also have a thing about visiting distilleries, wineries and breweries.

However, the strategy I'm planning for the future is to share plates with my partner so I can sample more without going overboard. I generally walk a lot on vacations. I've also found the vacation weight gain is temporary and I lose it within a week or so of returning home anyway.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 Any chocolate recommendations?

I have obviously blow my opening question today. Two for two are interpreting it that I am seeking advice for this exact woman. As I replied to Chinkiri's concerns, my intent was that the ideas could actually be helpful for our newest members or those struggling. I should have omitted the story that got me thinking and that gave me the prompt idea. It's looking like this opener is going to be an epic fail.

@SModa61

The only chocolate we eat: 82% very dark chocolate by Scharffenberger

It’s not cheap, which also helps us eat it as a treat!

Note: I hated dark chocolate until I heard a chocolatier talk about how to properly enjoy it. Let it melt in your mouth for 15 seconds! Helps me to savor it.

I often eat it with latte or even tea which also melts it :) and the latte with the chocolate is like hot chocolate - my favorite food in the world 🌎

https://www.scharffenberger.com/products/82-extra-dark-chocolate-bar?variant=39250695618746&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj4yHuJiQ8QIV0xitBh31Qgg3EAQYAiABEgI9R_D_BwE
  • SModa61
    Options
    SModa61 wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 Any chocolate recommendations?

I have obviously blow my opening question today. Two for two are interpreting it that I am seeking advice for this exact woman. As I replied to Chinkiri's concerns, my intent was that the ideas could actually be helpful for our newest members or those struggling. I should have omitted the story that got me thinking and that gave me the prompt idea. It's looking like this opener is going to be an epic fail.

@SModa61

The only chocolate we eat: 82% very dark chocolate by Scharffenberger

It’s not cheap, which also helps us eat it as a treat!

Note: I hated dark chocolate until I heard a chocolatier talk about how to properly enjoy it. Let it melt in your mouth for 15 seconds! Helps me to savor it.

I often eat it with latte or even tea which also melts it :) and the latte with the chocolate is like hot chocolate - my favorite food in the world 🌎

https://www.scharffenberger.com/products/82-extra-dark-chocolate-bar?variant=39250695618746&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIj4yHuJiQ8QIV0xitBh31Qgg3EAQYAiABEgI9R_D_BwE

Thank you Maddie. I do like dark chocolate. I'll have to give this a try!
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    I like the Alter Eco dark chocolate. 85%
    https://www.alterecofoods.com/products/dark-blackout

Normally I'm a purist and don't like anything added to it but they also have burnt caramel (70%) that is good. They also have total blackout of 100% cocoa but that might be too much even for me.
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes got up for an early morning walk with the cicadas
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes barely but I resisted cheesecake and ordered off the skinnylicious menu at Cheesecake Factory
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes