Daily Encouragements and Accountability

Options

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    It is so good to see two of my SP teammates here, Connie and Bren! So glad you are feeling better, Bren, and the foot is healing!

Marilyn, congrats on that weight loss and so many days faithful to your meal plan. Good work! Deuteronomy is one of the books that I am color coding. I have several going at one time and depending on how alert I feel, I work on one or the other. I am color coding in a Word Processor I have. I take a chapter off of my E-Sword Bible and put it on a page of my Open Office Word Processor and then I set everything up and then I have a sheet that has the words I want to color (two columns of words). It really helps me to stop and think or take note of specific words. I am also doing some word studies on my favorite passages and finding that many words have much more depth of meaning that the given word. Like diligence doesn't just mean to stick to doing something, but it also means "do it quickly" and stick with it. So interesting.

I also stuck to my plan today. I made some salmon patties for dinner, but didn't want to do them with saltine crackers so I ground pecans and added them to my salmon with an egg and then sprayed coconut oil in my pan and sauteed them. The first bite was a bit of a surprise, not at all what I remembered, but as I continued to eat I really liked them. They needed a little bit of salt, but they were good! I was well within my calorie range although I did have more protein and fat than I allowed myself. Will have to work on that!

Have a good night everyone. God bless your sleep!
  • ItsTime2BMe
    ItsTime2BMe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Restfinder, I'm going to steal your word processor idea - thanks!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I plan on only using it for myself, so I don't feel like I am infringing on any copyright laws! I really like E-sword. It's a free app and there are quite a few translations of the Bible on it that are free. I like to use the NASB77 version, easy for me to understand and is a very accurate translation, but I did have to pay for that one because it is still under copyright laws. They also have a lot of study books for free, commentaries, dictionaries, maps and even books that you can download for free.

Praise the Lord, down another two pounds this morning. I'm not as swollen as I had been so I think it's mostly the water I was retaining, but I'll take it. I was at 240.6 this morning! Woohoo! I am really working on saying no to treats (although with THM there are lots of recipes for desserts. I found a lemon coconut bon bon that I really liked and with a few tweaks I can get it less sour and more sweet (my tastes)). One of the things I want to add as a goal is making sure to wear my compression garments. The doctor felt like part of the swelling came from not wearing something every day, so that is what I am going to do. I have my arm and leg compressions on right now!

I hope y'all have an awesome day.
  • mermaidnj
    mermaidnj Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    How wonderful to see this group taking off. What joy to have some fresh ideas and positive women to share with.

Friday is weigh in day happy to report down three pounds.

My prayer for today

Deliver us Lord from every evil and grant us peace in our day. In your mercy keep us free from sin and protect us from all anxiety as we wait in joyful hope for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ 🙏

• bren5535
    bren5535 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    How did I miss "Coffee has potassium"? LOL...580 mg in my 5 cups a day...oh waaah! My potassium is high , messing with my heart/kidney function, causing fatigue and weakness and I had no idea what I was up to! I set my goals at 2000mg for the sodium and potassium. Am doing much better with my meal plan of late but really need to pay attention as I roll on down the road! My kidney Doc wants new labs so I'll do that the 22nd when I go out for my echocardioram thing. Praying for recovery on all fronts...very soon.
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Oh WOW! I just checked coffee and black coffee has 87 for 6 ozs. I drink a lot of coffee, but don't have a potassium issue. I imagine that is one of the reasons my husbands doctor wants him to drink less. It looks like decaf is just as bad or worse. It shows 8oz for 128 gms. This are from my sparkpeople tracker since it isn't a nutrient that I track here.
  • mermaidnj
    edited June 2021
    Options
    maybe I should start drinking it my potassium is low 🙄
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,449 Member
    Options
    (June 11) Morning everyone - just read all the messages - so glad to see this team starting to have more messages - very encouraging
    @Restfinder - I am going to have to have a look at E-sword = I do similar what you are doing but I use HUB which gives me all translations with words and if looking for a topic it will bring up all scriptures for it. Congratulations on being down 2 pounds -

Potassium - have to watch it - my older sister has to eliminate if from her diet as it brings on heart trouble so she is really limited to what vegetables she can eat - and now at age 83 she has found out she has an allergy to peanuts - getting older really brings on different issues with health

Today is Day 14 of following my food program and Day 6 streak here at MFP. And I am down 5.5 pounds since June 1 so my program is working well - not hungry at all and no food cravings

Psalm 34:1 I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth
    Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers him out of them all.

Have a good day everyone

-Marilyn <3
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    Might be a crazy question but why is this thread under the 'announcements' rather down below under discussions?
  • connierandel
    Options
    Marilyn - I was wondering the same thing!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I started this thread as soon as I started using the App and didn't notice where I put this! Senior brain??? One day I'll find my way around! We can move it to discussions if that would make it easier, or just keep it here - it seems folks are finding it!

Sticking to plan. Forgot to weigh this morning, had about four or five hours of sleep last night and not too bright today!

Marilynn, I'll take a look at HUB too. It seems like both apps do pretty much the same thing. I can search a word or phrase on E-Sword and it will give me all the verses. I can also download the Greek and Hebrew of NASB as well as KJV and it will give me the Strong's numbers and I can click on that and get the Strong's definition, as well as the Thayer's definitions. It puts everything in their own boxes so it's easy to find things when I need them.

I appreciate the verses y'all are sharing! Here's one of my favorites:
    Mat 6:33  "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. 
    34  "Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Happy Saturday all!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    (June 12 2021) Morning/afternoon to all of you - praying that you are all having a great day - remember it is us that makes or breaks the day so lets all have a great one

@Restfinder - the Scripture you shared - Matthew 6:33 - is one that I read every morning to help me remember that I need to seek Him first every day not just when in need. As for this thread being up in the announce part of the group - did you know that at if you look at the title to the right you will see a toggle (black wheel thing) if you click on that it should give you the option to (1) delete this thread completely OR (2) close this thread. I have had to do that one one of the other groups I lead - I only put up 'announcements' where this thread is now and when I put the announce up I click on that wheel and click on ' close' making it so that no one can respond to it - just to read it. Make sense? If you did that then you could start it up under the discussions below - but it is up to you as you are the leader

At any rate am having a great day - today I am on Day 7 streak of logging on here to MFP and Day 15 of following my food plan. And all is well. The Lord has really given me the strength to eat only what I have written down in my food journal and because of doing that it is so much easier to not have to think of 'what do I eat for?' as I have it all written down.

Today I am grateful for the sunshine

My Scripture for today is
    Deuteronomy 29:29
    The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

-Marilyn <3
  • bren5535
    Options
    I'm having a good day at my spot on the map...Just had lunch. I'm tracking the day at a time, to keep an eye on my numbers and see where I may need to adjust things. I get most of my carbs from veggies/fruits and now have a watchlist on those with this potassium thing going on. It will all come together. I'm making improvements and that is a good thing!
    That's awesome Marilyn! Great report.
    I grew quite weak during the past 2 weeks with my foot being out, being in incredible pain and misery...am very near recovery at the moment but still have the weakness to tend to, Makes me really draggy and exhausted.

I have a message to return to my PCP on Monday, have my echocardiogram set up for the 22nd...need to make follow up appointments with my cardiologist and my PCP for September/October maybe? I'm glad they call with reminders but I do keep a chart as well.

It's a lovely, sunny, headed to hot day here. I went out earlier to take a couple of locks off for my sunshine and air time. Zipping down an aisle, almost ran into a pick-up as he came down from the end. Thank God we were able to stop before collision! Ack!

Next week is sale week so I'm off Mon/Tue....and hope to be up to the task of laundry. I always pray for God's strength for my "hard labor"...I get more walking on laundry day than any other time.

Have a beautiful day all....
  • bren5535
    Options
    Oh yay! I just listened to my message from my PCP and the test was fine...I am so glad. Not sure now about the echo-cardiogram I'm to do on the 22nd if that's necessary? I guess I'll do it since he scheduled it...and rule out other issues?
  • connierandel
    Options
    The only problem with keeping this thread under announcements is that there is no room for announcements. Do we expect to do any challenges, special things, etc, to announce?
  • bren5535
    Options
    Well...have a new proposed delivery date for my levemir. CVS/Caremark has been fiddling around since the middle of May, and since June 2nd, have changed the date 4 times. It's now...between the 21st and 26th I can expect it. I've been out since Friday now. I sent a message to my Dr. letting him know so when my numbers are really ridiculous, it's not all on me. My FBS was 283 this morning.
  • mermaidnj
    Options
    Hello all I'll check in where I can using my cell phone which I really dislike doing and a few other bumps in the road hopefully laptop will be repaired in the next few days not made the best choices food-wise over the last few days trying to get myself back on track as always following your triumphs and struggles prayers and shares helps on a difficult day
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    (June 14 2021)
    Praying that you are all doing well, just read all the messages since I last posted.

@bren5535 - thinking of you and will be praying for you that your 'meds' will arrive so that you can continue with them with no issues. Keep track of your food intake and you will be ok

@connierandel - you mention about this 'thread' being in the announcement part - it would make more sense to have it in the discussion part below and just use the announcement for announcement.

@meremaidnji = I don't use my cell phone for anything but phoning or texting my children - hope you can get the bumps worked out so that you can come and participate more

@Restfinder - praying for you as well. If you are needing help with moving this thread let me know - I have done it before in order to clean up my groups so if you need my help just reach out to me.

Today I am grateful that my older sister (age 83) is doing as well as expected with cancer and her arthritus. Lots of prayers needed for her.

Psalm 40:8 I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart
    Psalm 40:16 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation say continually, 'Great is the Lord.'

-Marilyn <3
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Maryilyn, if you know how to move it, that would be great! Connie's right, it keeps us from having announcements, and at some point, when we get settled in, I'd like to start doing some challenges! I appreciate the help and the good advice!

Had some strange auras in my eyes today. I get a lot of headaches, but rarely have a migraine with auras. I got one in my left eye and took some acetaminophen and caffeine. The aura kept growing until it disappeared; and then I got one about an hour later in my right eye, same thing. Praise the Lord I only got a very mild headache!

Am down a wee bit more, breaking into the 230's with 239.4! Very happy about that. Hubby changed the batteries, but that didn't really make any difference. Our floors aren't very level (oh dear, when you walk barefoot you feel like you are walking on ridges!), so he thinks that might have something to do with it, although the bathroom probably has the most level floor! heehee! I take a couple pounds off of what it shows since, I think, that was the difference at the doctor's office.

I did have cheats over the weekend, but am back on track today! Trying to figure out what I want for dinner. I was thinking an omelet with spinach, chicken, and cheese! Yum!

Amen on those verses, Marilynn. I was working on a word study of Heb. 10:19-29 this morning. Very heavy section of scripture.
  • bren5535
    Options
    LOL...Playing calendar guessing with CVS still...I checked again this morning and it now says expected delivery...17-21...praying I have it by Thursday...if not...I will just have to deal!

Marilyn, thanks so much! That was my thinking as well...keep tabs, keep tracking, stay calm and maintain a restful spirit because this is all in God's hands....
    I'm feeling better today, and have much hope for renewed strength in the days ahead. I'm doing my home chores in my 10 minute spurts due to pain issues but hey...it all counts and gets things done.

That would be awesome! Getting the announcement thing cleared for upcoming things. I look forward to any challenges we may come up with before long.
    Prayers for us all and those we love, in this new day...Be blessed best where needed most.
This discussion has been closed.