June 11 Sign In

Replies

• lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,704 Member
    11/06/2021

Exercise – yes, less active than usual but I did get 30 minute cardio done.
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes
    2 Pass days taken

We came home from our little break so we were packing up the van, then driving. Stopped for lunch and got home in the late afternoon. Didn’t get a chance of a bike ride or a long walk but I did get a couple of Utube videos done.

Vacation tips? I go on a lot of holidays now that I’m retired. Many of them are self-catering, which makes calorie tracking easier. Many of the breaks are short – less than a week. We are generally very active on holiday – walking, swimming, cycling etc. Sometimes I come home a couple of pounds heavier but it drops off again quite quickly once I’m home again.
  • Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    I think my post disappeared. Short version: pass day 2. Exercise yes, tracking no, stayed in the range: no, which is why the tracking stopped. I'll do better this week.
  • fossil9078
    fossil9078 Posts: 130 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes - water aerobics plus a few laps.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No Must learn how to say no or to atleast only eat a little bit when a friend brings over some of the best bbq beef brisket I had ever tried. In Texas that is saying a lot.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Vacations - I try to eat within reason but it’s rare as meals aren’t planned. Only activities are attempted to be preplanned and we eat around activities. I do tend to have extremely active vacations so it’s not terrible. Also, I try (well...it crosses my mind occasionally) not to overindulge on food and alcohol. I try to drink a lot of water no matter what is going on. When I get home, I get right back to logging and eating my normal way. I have found the added weight goes away after a few days to a week of being home so I don’t stress about it before, during, or after the vacation.

Friday, June 11

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: under but I did not eat well - I did not plan lunch on the road as I should have so lunch was chocolate and toffee.
    Exercise: Yes, light walk

Pass days to date - 3/3
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, probably not enough calories.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Pass. Went over on pizza. Opps! Was celebrating last day of class for this year! (Have 2 weeks of school stuff left, though, then vacation with family) .
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,955 Member
    Vacation tip: Whenever possible buy the food you like and prepare most of your own meals. It's much easier these days to buy healthy foods that you like and have them delivered from the grocery store.
    Today was a beautiful day. I am spending the majority of my time at the farm. Lots of work to do here. Yesterday, the hay grass was cut. Today, we got a sudden rain shower of 1/8 inch. That will need to dry before we bale. This may well be my last hay cutting.
    Exercise: lots of walking
    Tracking: happy to say, it was good
    Calories: under my limit.

We do this, too. Did this on our 5-day trip with son/DIL! Came back thinner.
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited June 2021
    Today was a perfect example of why it’s important to track, even if you think you’ve gone over. I was certain I’d blown it, but when I entered it all, I was still slightly under.

Here’s what happened and it was all just so fun! We took our 8 and 6 year old grandsons to a minor league ballgame. They loved it and we had so much fun. I took them to get a hotdog, but the line was a mile long, so like any self respecting grandma, I bought them each a hat full of popcorn, and bought myself a bag. Then later went back for our hotdogs. Fireworks after the game, in bed at 10:30, awake again by 6:30. These kids have so much energy and I love it.

zl7vbtrpb80y.jpeg

@biketheworld Isn't that wonderful
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,410 Member
    February 10/3
    March 12/3
    April 10/3
    May 8/3

3x yes

2/3
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Methods I use on trips can vary depending on the type of trip and what I have access to
    Things I do
    1. i pack "safe" preportioned options to have available when needed. I might include items like single serving almond butter, protein bars, 100 cal "treat" bags with chips, pretzels, etc. If I have access to a fridge, i might have yogurts, cottage cheeses, cheese sticks
    2. i investigate best choice fast food options for on the road, or airport and such. In the US, that might be Dunkin Donuts, Wendys, McDonalds, Burger King, Popeyes, etc. That way I know which are better choices off the menu.
    3. I try and go to restaurants that post their menu's online and I know I have options that are acceptable to me. At times, I even pre-track. I love having cappucinos as a festive alternative to a dessert

Lastly, I will point out that typically pounds that come on fast can come off fast if dealt with quickly. They are not as "real" as the one that have hung around longer. So that is motivation to get back on track once the vacation is over.