June 19 Sign In

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Yes x 3
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? :)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? :)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? :)

I dragged my daughter out of bed at 4:15a.m. for a bike ride with my sister again this morning. I had hopes for 5+ miles, but as we were riding down the Loop, I noticed that her rear tire looked really low. I have a pump. It came with the headlamp/taillamp set I bought at Walmart. So, we stopped at about the 2.5 mile mark and I had a go at filling the tire. Le sigh. It should be noted that I have never, ever, been good at putting air in any kind of tire, but bike tires are the worst. So... I managed to totally flatten the tire. I was still messing with it when two very nice gentlemen, who didn't even know each other, stopped to try to help. I have to put it down to the pump because these experienced cyclists were also unable to get it to either connect right or to get any air in the freaking tire. As one fussed with the pump, the other quipped, "how many people does it take to put air into a bicycle tire?" Sigh... when they gave up, we bid farewell with many thanks for their time and effort. I offered to ride back to where we were parked and get my truck to pick up my daughter and sister and their bikes. It would have taken me less than 10 minutes to get to the truck and maybe another 10 to get my bike loaded and then back to them. But at the same time, I pushed the idea that it was only 2.5 miles and we could walk it in half an hour, thereby still getting some exercise since our ride was once again cut short. We walked. And I was a good mommy and sister and didn't leave them behind even though I thought they were being pokey. Almost 50 minutes later, we finally got back to the truck. Along the way two more gentlemen slowed and offered to help us out and a third asked if we were okay as he passed. So, chivalry is not completely dead. :)

The bike is now at the shop getting the tire fixed (I got it to them just before they closed for the day) and I've put it out on the Net that if anyone wants it they can have it because this afternoon a friend gave us a bike that fits my daughter better.

And, as soon as I have some extra money, I'm going to sign up for a bicycle maintenance/emergency repair class. :wink:

I was going to get up tomorrow morning and do a solo ride, but I fell asleep for a couple of hours this afternoon so I feel wide awake right now (almost 11pm) and I'm doing laundry. A 4:00 alarm does not sound at all pleasant. So, we'll see.

Happy Father's Day to all you dads and granddads out there! I hope all y'all have a lovely day tomorrow.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? no
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? no
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Treadmill: 33 min / 2.02 mi
    Pool

Passes used: 2/3

We went out for Mexican food which is always a calorie bomb so today is pass #2.