How much do you eat?

Options
ItsTime2BMe
ItsTime2BMe Posts: 163 Member
How much do you eat on non-fasting days or OMAD days (or whatever days you eat, lol)

Do you eat what your "normal" BMR requires (like, mine is 1900-2000 calories)?

Or do you eat to achieve a calorie deficit? (mine is suggested to be anywhere from 1200-1500ish)

I'm interested to see what is working for other people because I've been kind of stalled out for the last 2 weeks - I suspect I'm not eating enough on 'eating days'.

MFP also 'adds' calories to our daily allotment when we exercise - do you eat more on days when you burn more?

Tell me everything, LOL :smile:
(understanding that everyone is different and what works for you may not work for someone else)

Replies

• lignss
    lignss Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    On "normal" eating days, I try to achieve a calorie deficit, which for me is 1750 calories max (to lose 1.5 pounds per week). I just try to stay as far under the limit as my willpower will allow. Some days that means fasting, and some days it means I blow it. :s

I HATE HATE HATE when I get stalled and the scale won't budge even though I know I stuck to everything right. It seems like sometimes I just have to bite the bullet and fast for a couple days (I eat dinner at the end of the second day) to break the stall. I also step up the exercise to the max I can handle. I hate it but it works to break stalls. However, I also know I am building muscle pretty fast because of the large improvements in distance and speed I can bike and run as I am working back into those things.

MFP adds extra calories for exercise but I *try* not to eat them. Days that I do extreme stuff, I have no choice but to consume extra calories via gatorade and coconut water just to keep from having heat stroke in the Florida sun. To be honest, sometimes I exercise pretty hard on fasting days but that can be dangerous so I'm not suggesting that to anyone.

On fasting days, my body tries to fight me by making me feel like I can't move and I have to really work to force myself to move around normally because I know I'll burn less calories than usual if I don't.

I also find that drinking just a very few calories (reduced sugar drinks and V8) helps me be able to stick with fasting for that day as it seems to suppress my appetite while still being extremely low in calories (not fake sweetener, just very low sugar).

I'm NOT recommending anyone do what I do, just sharing.
  • ItsTime2BMe
    ItsTime2BMe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to write all that - I appreciate seeing what you're doing.

"eat dinner at the end of the second day" - that's a good tip, I might try that - I've been doing two full days plus the next morning once a week and that second whole night/morning is bit rough.

• beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 845 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I couldn't eat more than 1200 to 1300 calories per day while I was on victoza as it slows down your digestion. I came off victoza, and aside from a couple of days of major hunger, my system has calmed back down. I CAN eat the calories I should eat each day, too, and my digestion is normalizing again.

As I am a tall person, I can eat about 1800 calories per day. I maintain my weight at about 2300 calories per day, so I am still losing weight slowly.

I do have some small weight gains here and there, and while I was eating too little, I gained about 4 pounds. As soon as I ate more calories, I took those 4 pounds off pretty quickly!

I do daily fasting to control my blood glucose.

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,113 Member
    Options
    For me, its around 1000 - 1200 calories per day. Somehow, if I go over 1200 plus, I will gain weight the next day.... :(
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,477 Member
    Options
    jadepearl wrote: »
    For me, its around 1000 - 1200 calories per day. Somehow, if I go over 1200 plus, I will gain weight the next day.... :(

I have found that to be the same for me.... 1000 - 1200 calories .... or the lbs jump back on