July 2021 Monthly WL Challenge

Options
Gnawcraft
Gnawcraft Posts: 733 Member
Welcome to our new members!

If you are new and want to join in, by all means, please do - we love to celebrate those losses with you! This is the standard format we try to use for these threads:

Name: (if you'd like to share)

My Numbers:
SW: Starting weight before you lost anything.
CW: Current weight at the beginning of the challenge.
GW: Goal weight for the month (what you would like to weigh at the end of the monthly challenge) Try to keep it realistic and SAFE!
LTGW: Lifetime goal weight ( What you would like to weigh at the end of your weight loss journey)

Weigh-ins: What days you will weigh-in; for example, Fridays
7/2/21 = (Fill out after each weigh-in.)
7/9/21 =
7/16/21 =
7/23/21 =
7/30/21= (final weigh in for the month)
Total WL/G for the month= total weight lost or gained for the month

It was also suggested that we could track our measurements at the beginning of each month to see how we do there, so feel free to add those too this month!

Let's get it!😎🌞🌈💥

Replies

• Gnawcraft
    Options
    36 / 5"6

My Numbers:
    SW: 318
    CW: 289
    GW:284
    LTGW: 154

Weigh-ins: Fridays
    7/2/21 =
    7/9/21 =
    7/16/21 =
    7/23/21 =
    7/30/21=
    Total WL/G for the month=

Measurements:
    Neck - 41cm (16 inches) (Same as last month)
    Waist - 143cm (56 inches) (same as last month)
    Hips - 163cm (64 inches) (-1 inch from last month)
  • StacieBugPrude
    StacieBugPrude Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Stacie 38 / 5"4

My Numbers:
    SW: 281lbs when I started MFP (298lbs at my biggest)
    CW: 215
    GW:212
    LTGW: 130

7/2/21 =
    7/9/21 =
    7/16/21 =
    7/23/21 =
    7/30/21=
    Total WL/G for the month= I'm aiming for a little goal this month so I am not disappointed, but I will be trying for more! 3nkazcls9ply.png

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Cheesy
    SW: 330
    CW: 257.8
    GW: 253
    LTGW: 235 (for a BMI of 35 per the doc)

I’m keeping a smaller goal, too, a pound per week. We’ll see what happens though- hot weather, fluid shifts, my body does it’s own thing with the actual weight 🙄 I’ll keep my focus on meal planning, hitting my protein goal, carb range, and keeping the fat intake as low as reasonable while staying satiated. Keep telling myself that’s how I’ll burn fat but keep muscle, right? Water weight be darned, lol (can you tell I’m actually back up to 260 from that low of 257.8 this week, haha)
  • FancyIsMyName
    FancyIsMyName Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    SW: 325
    CW: 303.8
    GW: 298 for July
    LTGW: 190

Weigh-ins Tuesday’s
    7/5
    7/12
    7/19
    7/26
    7/31
    Total for July:

I’m going for a smaller goal. While we are on vacation, I’m considering switch my target to maintain. I have a very sedentary job, so it’s possible that just not sitting like a veal all day will even out with vacation meals.
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    6 / 5"6

My Numbers:

7/2/21 = 288 (-1lb)
    7/9/21 =
    7/16/21 =
    7/23/21 =
    7/30/21=
    Total WL/G for the month= 1lb

Measurements:
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    Way to go @Gnawcraft!
  • FancyIsMyName
    Options
    Hi everyone! Going to try to move more to offset “treats” that pop up on the weekends. It’s a beautiful day in the Midwest so I need to go outside and do something!
  • StacieBugPrude
    Options
    Stacie 38 / 5"4

My Numbers:
    SW: 281lbs when I started MFP (298lbs at my biggest)
    CW: 215
    GW:212
    LTGW: 130

7/2/21 = 218 (+3)
    7/9/21 =
    7/16/21 =
    7/23/21 =
    7/30/21=
    Total WL/G for the month= +3
    😔 Pretty discouraged. I've been losing less and less every month, now I've gained. I know the scale goes up and down, just hard to see. I had raised my cals to 1600/day which was recommended for my size and activity level, but i decided today to put it back to 1250. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I've been taking a 6 kilometer trail at least 4 times per week. The weather has been warm so I've had some ice cream, but I'm very rarely over my calories for the day. Well, here comes a month of tough love
    💪🦹‍♀️💪
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    My Numbers:
    SW: 407
    CW:359.6
    GW:349
    LTGW: right now its just 299

Weigh-ins: Sunday
    7/4/21 = 359.6
    7/11/21 =
    7/18/21 =
    7/25/21 =

So I'm back at it again. my goal for the month is 10lbs I keep bouncing from 360-365 and I'm just not eating the best. the last 3 days I have finally got my food under control so I am going to keep going. I can do this and I will.
  • CaifancitaLu
    CaifancitaLu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lulú López (42)

SW: 264.8 (highest ever)
    CW: 264.8
    GW: 254
    LTGW: 145

Weigh-ins: Sunday AM
    7/4/21 = 264.8
    7/11/21 =
    7/18/21 =
    7/25/21 =
    7/30/21=

Measurements:
    (I'll add them later)
  • FancyIsMyName
    Options
    SW: 325
    CW: 303.8
    GW: 298 for July
    LTGW: 190

Weigh-ins Mondays
    7/5. 304
    7/12
    7/19
    7/26
    7/31
    Total for July:

@StacieBugPrude are you sure you aren’t under eating with that level of activity? I wonder if you took a week of maintenance, if it would help reset.
  • FancyIsMyName
    Options
    The last week has been frustrating. But I still know I’m doing better than before so will keep going. I think I’ve been pushing the envelope with a lot of my choices, and suspect it’s under counting the fat & calories. I know I’ve been more active even though I’m not recording it.
  • StacieBugPrude
    Options
    @FancyIsMyName i really don't know. I hit a plateau, so i used a weight calculator that said my cals should be at 1690/ day to lose 2lbs per week. I tried that for a little over a month, but wasn't really losing, then i gained, so i only just put it back to 1290 cals. I think i will call my doc and ask for a referral to a dietician.
  • FancyIsMyName
    Options
    I think that’s a great idea. The dietitian might recognize something that we are blind to.

I’m really irritated with my stubborn scale, but I suspect that I’m rounding down on my record keeping. Maybe there will be a whoosh now that I’m back into my work routine?

This week I’ve decided that I’m continuing on so that I don’t break the new habits I’ve finally incorporated. They were so hard to get started.

So: logging, healthy lunches and breakfasts, and aim as close as possible to my target for the week overall. Non scale goals!
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    @StacieBugPrude good choice about the dietician, they’ll help you figure out what your calorie needs are, and be able to work with you over a few months hopefully to get back on track.

A few thoughts- how do you track your foods in MFP? Do you estimate serving sizes? Do you measure with measuring cups? Do you weigh with a kitchen scale? These can vary how accurate your calorie counts are, how accurate the data you’re entering into MFP is.

Don’t lose track of the awesome progress you’ve made so far! What habits have brought you here? When I hit a stall, or anytime I’m going into maintenance on purpose, I write down what habits are serving me well, and that I’m going to continue. And if I’m struggling, I try and go back and think of habits that helped me in past weight loss attempts that might help me again. If I’m going to add-in new habits, I do so one at a time, every two weeks or longer, no sooner than that. The newest habit has to seem pretty easy before I add a new one. And if it isn’t becoming easy at two weeks, I have to adjust it or abandon it.

Take some time to think about stressors or road blocks that have come up since you’ve started. What’s changed in your life? In your shopping habits? In your traveling patterns? In your daily schedule? You’re not the same person you were several months ago... how do your goals adjust and grow with you?
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    You’ve got this @FancyIsMyName ! One step at a time! Don’t you quit!!
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    You can do it @Skittles2183!
  • Cheesy567
    Options
    Welcome Lulu @CaifancitaLu 😀
  • Cheesy567
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Cheesy
    SW: 330
    CW: 257.8
    GW: 253
    LTGW: 235 (for a BMI of 35 per the doc)

Weigh-ins Thursday:
    7/1: 257.8
    7/8: 255.8 (-2)
    7/15:
    7/22:
    7/29:

I eased up on my carbs a bit this past week, from 75 net carbs to a limit of 100 net carbs, because my autoimmune disease just seems to do better there. It’s not with the permission of the weight loss clinic, I see them at the end of July and will talk with them about it then, but I’m able to move better and get out of bed, and , well, my weight seemed to respond. Guess we’ll see how it goes. I’m not diabetic (AIC was 5.5) so it’s not a big issue health-wise. But it lets me have two pieces of fruit and a small piece of bread I like, plus endless veggies, so that keeps me much happier, I don’t feel restricted in the least. And I don’t think I’ve even hit the new limit anyways.

I adjusted my schedule to decrease the number of big travel days this month from 4 to 2. Road trips are a trigger for endless eating for me. So not having a day of that this week makes it less stressful for me, to be able to consolidate the trips. Less planning and packing for them, too. Took some scheduling adjusting to line up everyone’s schedule, but I’m glad I took the time and effort over the past few months, it’ll pay off in the long run for me 🙂

I joined a CSA (community supported agriculture) so my days seem full of cutting and chopping fresh veggies. It takes a lot of my food prep time and energy, I’ve had to revamp my schedule for it. I love the program though, they provide recipes each week, and a profile on the various farmers each piece of produce comes from. (This program supports many local farmers and the shares includes fruits and veggies, eggs, maple syrup, local wild rice, grains, local oils, goats milk products, etc)

One of my goal habits for my weight loss goal is to include veggies with each meal. The CSA definitely helps me achieve that in creative ways throughout the summer.
  • Gnawcraft
    Options
    36 / 5"6

My Numbers:

7/2/21 = 288 (-1lb)
    7/9/21 = 288
    7/16/21 =
    7/23/21 =
    7/30/21=
    Total WL/G for the month= 1lb

Measurements: