Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

*NEW LINK*
    https://tinyurl.com/yyunbxvg

@sufferlandrian - looks like you recovered! Nice riding.

We had quite an exciting 24 hours here. First, my town's fireworks show had a mishap. The fireworks are set off from a barge offshore. There was a misfire and the barge caught fire! My husband is a volunteer firefighter and had to deal with that. Fortunately no one seriously hurt. Everyone got off the barge safely with only a minor injury, and no spectators were hurt. It sure was exciting when the fire ignited the remaining explosives!

Then we had 3 dogs run off in fright. The last one was recovered at 9 am several towns away. All happy endings though. Whew!
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    7/1-7/4 = 16.64
    exercise.png
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    It seems like there have been a few exciting starts to July :)
    @JTH11706 and @darkrider42 - you do an awesome job keeping us in order.

For July I’ll like to try for 85 …. I found 100 something of a stretch in June. My OH is having difficulty with the arthritis in his knees which is impacting on how much we can do :'(

Have a brilliant July … hopefully you’ve had all your excitement for the month @Janet
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    7/04
    3 miles
    ———
    7/05
    30.99 miles
    106.19 miles MTD
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    I had a nice couple rides yesterday and today, 18 and 19 miles, respectively, with hubby. I love my rides with hubby; he had today off from work so could join me on my bike ride (I work from home). It's nice to go for rides alone, too, as I need a little "me time" every once in a while.

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Got a saddle sore from riding in 104 degree heat. Guess I’ll have to start slow with 9 miles added.

Adding 9 miles for 9 out of 300

Adding 30 miles for 39 out of 300.

Adding 16 miles for 55 out of 300.
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    @Janet - Glad you got the dogs back. We had a gal who called last night, said she found a dog and wanted it checked. We told her to contact animal control and they would try to find it's home. She said she had no intention of giving up the dog, she just wanted to have it checked out. We told her some one would be looking for the dog and she didn't seem to care.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,357 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    @Dean: That is totally disgusting about the dog. I would have checked the dog to see if it had a chip and if not make up some story that the dog is not well, keep it and then search for the owner.
    @Janet: So glad you found your dogs. It is one thing to set off some fire crackers, but we had neighbors setting off big fireworks and I had to watch so they did not misfire and hit our house.

July 5: 6 miles walking
    TTD: 28.5 miles

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    It's to dry here so ALL fireworks were banned!! Grandsons were disappointed but our dogs were much better off!! LOL Been so busy chasing kids & dogs this past 5 days that all I've gotten in is 7.5 miles. Started LIIft 4 today. Its a lifting, cardio program on BeachBody On Demand. I want to ride bike & try to get in some walking with Georgie in the evenings after it cools down. Going for 100 again.

exercise.png
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    5 July 2.43km
    6 July9.72

MTD 36.67/160km
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,317 Member
    Options

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

*NEW LINK*

My oh my!! You all have certainly had an eventful few days!! I hope everyone is doing well now!!

We had a great weekend on our short motorcycle trip to Iowa for some motorcycle drag racing, but mostly to see our two friends that were up from Arizona. Same ones we visited in March. Had a blast but it's also good to be back! :smile:

Dave
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,966 Member
    Options
    Please put me down for 150 miles again, thanks in advance!
    7/1 5.50 miles
    7/2 6.25 miles 11.75
    7/3 6.75 miles 18.50
    7/4 3 miles 21.50
    7/5 5.50 miles 27

As of 7/5
    gmYgm7.png

• JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,921 Member
    Options
    @Janet - Glad you got the dogs back. We had a gal who called last night, said she found a dog and wanted it checked. We told her to contact animal control and they would try to find it's home. She said she had no intention of giving up the dog, she just wanted to have it checked out. We told her some one would be looking for the dog and she didn't seem to care.

Wow, that is terrible. The lost dogs were not mine - sadly we are dog free these days - but we were quite worried about the one that was gone overnight and helped the owners search. She is a 6 month old pure bred Rhodesian Ridgeback and we worried someone would take her. Fortunately the people who found her were compassionate and did the right thing in returning her.
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    7/06
    22.28 miles
    128.47 miles MTD
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,966 Member
    Options

7/6 5.75 miles

As of 7/6
    gmYgm7.png[/quote]

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Goal: 300.0 miles

07/01 - 20.0 miles turbo trainer
    07/02 - 20.0 miles turbo trainer
    07/03 - 20.0 miles turbo trainer
    07/04 - 20.0 miles turbo trainer
    07/05 - 01.0 miles rest day walk
    07/06 - 10.0 miles turbo trainer

Total: 91.0 miles

exercise.png
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,357 Member
    Options
    July 6: 9 miles walking
    TTD: 37.5 miles
    exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Not sure what possessed dear husband and I to walk 8.5 miles along the riverbank on Monday, a day that topped 93F, except, once you walk 4+ miles away from the car you don't have much choice but to walk the 4+ miles back.

Added 11.5 miles for a July total of 14.25 miles

exercise.png

Have a great week and try to stay cool (or warm if you are in the other half of the world).
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    JTH11706 wrote: »

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

*NEW LINK*

@2essie - welcome back. I hope you had a wonderful trip. 20 days of isolation is a lot though! On your June miles, is that 122.4 total, or were you asking to add that to you 34 miles you already had?

No miles for me yesterday. We've had constant rain here, and it's chilly. I actually put the heat on last night. I think that's a first in July!

Sorry Janet only just seen this but yes, it is correct what you added. Sorry for not making that clear and thank you for doing that.

Haha, yes 20 days woukd be a long time. It should read10 days. Hit the wrong button. 10 days quarantine and loads of PCR tests and we will be free on Monday. It was all worth it though just to get away for a change. Once again thank you.
This discussion has been closed.