Jubilant July Accountability Thread!

booksnbrains
booksnbrains Posts: 119 Member
5'5"
154 lbs, 20.8% body fat
Goal: <20% body fat

I get to start the thread!! I've been looking forward to jumping back on the goals train

Goal 1: The Livestrong Pushup Challenge. The whole family is in. Starting with 5 and going to 60.
Goal 2: 5-6 veggie servings a day.
Goal 3: Try out carb cycling (high starch veggies every third day).

What are y'all up to this month?
t7sy88fp6ujk.png

Replies

• SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 733 Member
    July 4th=Day 1
    Goal accomplished:
    5 Pushups, 1 set of 2 and 1 set of 3.
    Plank, two sets of Wide-Arm Plank at 30 seconds each.
    50 squats, 5 sets of 10.
    :)

• k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    I. I am going to remove hiking from my July list. I just absolutely DESTROYED the ligaments in my ankle so 'back to walking' is the new goal LOL.

Oh no @wunderkindking, you do not need this right now! Poor you!!!. I've destroyed all the ligaments in my ankle before and it is a long road back (to quote my physio 'it would've been better if you had broken it'). I wish for you a speedy recovery!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    I. I am going to remove hiking from my July list. I just absolutely DESTROYED the ligaments in my ankle so 'back to walking' is the new goal LOL.

Ouch, I hope you'll heal well and quickly !
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Take care! Maybe try swimming?
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Eventually yes to swimming - but not yet. Swimming isn't weight bearing and is low/no impact, but there resistance and motion. That there's nothing internal to stabilize my ankle (Since I kinda tore or stretched it all out LOL) so kicking against resistance (ie: water) would be... not the best idea.

The silver lining here is that it DOES have me working more with weight stuff, which I often neglect because I get bored.
  • tvm1970
    tvm1970 Posts: 162 Member
    tvm1970 wrote: »
    50 years old

163cm/5'3"

SW: 55kg/121lbs/25.4% body fat

CW: 50kg/110lbs/ ? body fat

GW: 50kg/110lbs+/ <20% body fat

This month I am focusing on building muscle. With more muscle my body fat and body fat % will naturally go down. I am okay with my weight going up as long as it is in the right places.

I am definitely finding building muscle and eating to plan harder now I have menopause hormones to deal with. I'd love tips from other littlies in the same situation on how you've managed.

How are everyone's July plans tracking so far?
  • booksnbrains
    I'm new to MFP, a refugee from Sparkpeople which is closing in August. I saw this group and thought, since I'm technically in a normal weight range for my height, it might be a good fit for me.

I'm 5'8" and 156 lbs.
    Goal weight for July: 150 lbs.
    Goal weight Final: 125 lbs.

I need to get some ST into my workouts, and Booksnbrains' first post in this thread about the Livestrong Challenge has inspired me.

Goal 1: Livestrong Pushup Challenge (I can barely do one right now so I might not get to 60 by the end of 30 days, but should be able to add one every day or so.)

Goal 2: Livestrong Plank Challenge

Goal 3: Livestrong Squats Challenge

If I stick with these three every day, I should have a good base for a new ST routine next month.

Great to see others joining in on the push up challenge! How's your progress?
  • booksnbrains
    k8richer wrote: »
    48 yrs
    5' 4"
    CW 129
    GW 125
    GW for July 127

Thanks for starting the thread @booksnbrains and for the idea of a challenge! Great idea to get the family on board. Im pretty strong but 60 pushups in a day sounds daunting so I am going to join you! For those that are interested, check this link:
    https://www.livestrong.com/article/1012951-30day-pushup-challenge/

My July fitness goals:
    - Pushup challenge
    - bootxamp x2 week
    - run x2 week (or powerwalk/hike)
    - stretch & strength class x2 week
    - walk dog, coach soccer, gardening etc

I am finally going to see my family after 2 yrs! The kids and I fly July 25, so I have 20 days to look my best. So, my non-fitness goals are: no cheese, no alcohol, and no dessert for 20 days! Eek.

You got this! I hope your travels are safe!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    50 years old

163cm/5'3"

SW: 55kg/121lbs/25.4% body fat

CW: 50kg/110lbs/ ? body fat

GW: 50kg/110lbs+/ <20% body fat

This month I am focusing on building muscle. With more muscle my body fat and body fat % will naturally go down. I am okay with my weight going up as long as it is in the right places.

I am definitely finding building muscle and eating to plan harder now I have menopause hormones to deal with. I'd love tips from other littlies in the same situation on how you've managed.

How are everyone's July plans tracking so far?

Unfortunately, I can't help. I'm 51 but still no signs of the MP yet. And the month is going good.

May I ask you why you would like less than 20% bodyfat? That seems so low.