July 8 Sign In

Options
124»

Replies

• MizSpiffy
    MizSpiffy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES! 50 Pilates Reformer, 10 swim, 10 walking the dog
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? NO! A couple g&t followed by dry roasted sunflower seeds put me over. Could've been worse.... my partner made oatmeal raisin cookies and they smelled so goood! He ate a plate of them while I crunched on my seeds.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? NO! :/
    I'm not perfect but like everyone here knows, being here is where it's at :)
    I love reading everyone's 'advice to self' There is truly so much wisdom here!!
    Have a peaceful and successful day.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,215 Member
    Options
    JULY 8

Exercised: Yes - BodyCombat class - it's been quite a while...so fun!!!
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

0/3 Pass Days Used

Bad days are my norm... :D Always just need to plug trough and wait for the downpour of crazy to subside and let me breath...I fall off the habit train once in a while but always pick it back up ASAP!!

I've been wanting to ask about an episode of Half size me that was posted a while back...I think in May? I really wanted to listen to it again but can't remember for the life of me which episode it was...I was wondering if anyone remembers? Will post in What's on mind!! Because it is!! lol
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I try to jump right back on the horse and not beat myself up! I don’t have control over “other” people actions but I do have control over how I deal with situations! Keeping my trigger foods out of sight, helps tremendously, 👍👍
    Very realistic and helpful approach @GrandmaJackie thank you for sharing!
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    k19uatvaksgz.gif~ ~ ~Waving Hello~ ~ ~ 7/8/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes ..................................... ✅ ... 170 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... Sure am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... Sure did

STEPS.......... 22,250+ ......... 100 m Walking .... 50 m cleaning .... 20 m Gardening

@WhatMeRunning ... thank you for sharing that the Michael J. Fox Quote Resonated
    with you & sharing your story

Today Was a Very Productive Day ... I am sooooo excited Sons will be here soon...
    So Kept Busy getting things ready for their visit & to make the time go by quicker... teehee

Documenting CONSISTANCY For personal ACCOUNTABILITY

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8
  • JTreasures
    JTreasures Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    @znaoiec I've practiced this 4x this week. On Monday I was hungrier than usual so by about 4 pm, I only had about 200 calories left and then due to my daughter's emergency, the evening was about helping her and not exercising (therefore no extra calories to eat). So I decided to throw in the towel. Right back on plan Tuesday, but by 3 pm again I only had about 200 calories left. So I made a large decaf coffee to fill me up and ate shrimp and brussels sprouts for supper for 170 calories.. lol not a delicious sounding combo but it was filling. Wednesday & Thursday was the same and I kept eating low calorie suppers with decaf coffee for an afternoon filler. So for me these days are a HUGE success! I've successfully turned a bad day or choices into good days. A year ago, I would have fallen off the program for 5-7 days. And I've lost weight this week too! A year ago I thought I was one of those people that lost weight slowly. But really, I put weight on quickly; a 2 day binge for me can add 5 pounds that takes another 7/8 days to come off. I've finally acknowledged consistency is key and have decided to live by it. And as a side benefit, measuring my success this week is extremely motivating (so much better than failing and feeling defeated again). Double win!

I LOVE this. It makes so much sense to me and is like pushing a reset button in my head. I really resonate with the positivity of this approach and the way you have put it into words.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    And what I’d say to another in same situation:

I’m sorry you were sick, but I’m thrilled you two had such a great time. You’ve maintained so long so well, I’m 💯% sure you will successfully navigate this, too!! I’m so proud of you & I love you! 💕

• stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    7/8
    Exersised yes
    Caleries yes
    Logged?-yes
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    exercise:
    1.2 mile walk with hills
    30 second circuit intervals including: jump roping (4 sessions), kicking, punching, ski jumps, squats, bunny hops, planks to downward dog flow, plank with shoulder taps, stretching and cool down

calorie budget: check

food tracking: check
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    JUL 8
    T ✅ | C ✅ | E ✅ [20 min walk]
    @WhatMeRunning I love the opener and the valuable life advice everyone is sharing!

@Jana_2020 Before this UAC month, I had never heard of desk workout machines and I am very tempted to get one now! :)
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    oh_jackie wrote: »

@Jana_2020 Before this UAC month, I had never heard of desk workout machines and I am very tempted to get one now! :)

Me too!!!!

• Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    @oh_jackie & @seilidhe These are my thoughts on the under desk bike:
    I'm too tall for it to work well under my desk. I bought it to use after my surgery. I went back to work after only 1 week and found I was really tired in the evenings and didn't want to exercise. So since I worked from home, every meeting that I didn't have to chair, I would mute my computer, flip my chair sideways, and pedal away. It does have a "churning" noise which would probably be irksome to fellow coworkers in an office setting. I also liked to use it in those early-dark winter evenings while I watch TV. It's got it's place for a cheap investment, but it's not a great calorie burner and isn't suited for the office for me. Having said all that, I like it and am pleased I bought it. It kept me moving in the winter instead of just sitting there playing on my phone and watching t.v.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    @jana_2020 Thanks for the insight. I work in an office with 4 other women and when we're in there, many times we're listening to recordings of hearings to clarify our notes on judges' orders. A churning sound probably wouldn't be welcome to any of us. :)

Looking forward to when it cools down enough that heat exhaustion isn't a factor during lunch time walks. :)
  • oh_jackie
    oh_jackie Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @Jana_2020 Thanks for your insights! :)
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3