July 10 Sign In

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - great topic today! What mediums do you have left that you haven’t tried?
    @Chinkiri - I’d love to tak art history projects with you!
  • Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    A little self reflection after reading my post - I realized I ended every one of my hobbies with excuses why I can’t be bothered with them. Perhaps that’s something to think about how I can change.

That's the interesting thing I find about these questions. You end up realizing some things.

I do things but I don't see them as hobbies. Reading, baking, one new recipe for dinner every week...is decluttering a hobby?! I enjoy it 😃
  • Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Oh, and no workout but I was in the kitchen all day and tracked and stayed within range. 4/10 days of sugar, 2 pass days.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    mshawski wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 - great topic today! What mediums do you have left that you haven’t tried?
    @Chinkiri - I’d love to tak art history projects with you!

@Chinkiri & @mshawski Me too! Me too!!
    I’m captivated lately by Louise Bourgeois and the 1970’s Decorative & Pattern Movement
    Yay!!

re: mediums I have not tried…LOL

Oil painting (toxicity scared me off)

Pastels/Chalks except occasionally as accents in a drawing or mixed media

Sculpture: Stone, metal, wood, paper, clay ; never welded
    (Just did a couple of small pieces that were well-loved.)
    (Funny since I’m likely better at 3-D than 2-D art.)

Almost all printing that requires big or expensive machines

Graffiti

😄
    It’s such a fun life; we have so much to explore ❤️

PS My favorite is poking shapes into paper with a soldering iron!!

PPS my husband is the same as you re: reading. Once he begins a book, he cannot stop! I, on the other hand, lose interest close to the end.When I was decluttering my books, I made a stack of over 10 books that I just needed to read the last 1/5. Of course, I had to re-read the whole thing by then. I’ve finished 4 so far! LOL
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    July 10

✅ - Exercise 20+ Minutes
    ✅ - Calories within budget (20 under)
    ✅ - Tracked every detail I consumed (yep)

0 Pass Days Used

Personal Challenges Met: 7/10 days (2nd, 4th, 5th)
    ✅ - Net Carbs 30g or less (20g)
    ✅ - Protein 180g or more (196g)
    ✅ - All Scheduled Workouts Completed (0 - Rest Day)

I was active today, just no timed workouts as it was my weekly scheduled rest day.

As for hobbies, the only things I can count as a hobby right now are running and MFP! LOL! There is no time for other stuff, my days are filled and quite routine, and any disruptions tend to mean some normal daily task has to not get done.

I have had a number of hobbies though. A few years ago I was creating projects with maker boards like Raspberry Pi, Arduino and others. Prior to that I spent a dozen years doing competition BBQ and outdoor cooking. Also spent some time really getting into wine making, including trying to make wines from other things than grapes, most memorable of those was jalapeno wine. More failures than I care to remember though.

@WhatMeRunning
    What fascinating hobbies!! I made some things on a lasercutter & toyed with combining my art with arduinos etc. Such possibilities!

When I was training hard (hills) for 100-mile bike rides for Lymphoma & Leukemia Society, I did 3 things each day: Work, Ride, Sleep. I eventually stopped the intensity because my “free time” was so limited & my knees were sore almost all the time.

You impress me!
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    @summerSkier I love seeing the pictures of you and Bandit! What a gorgeous horse!

@MollyMadison2017 What a great topic today! Yes, we definitely need hobbies besides eating!
    I enjoy reading mystery/suspense novels with a little non fiction and Christian lit thrown in. Often I take my chair and a book to my favorite lakeside spots to read. I also enjoy hiking with my hiking group as we explore different trails within a 2 1/2 hour radius from here, mostly in the Smoky Mtns. We also do kayaking trips together exploring different lakes, rivers etc within a couple of hours from here. Before we moved to TN, I did a lot of biking. Now I confine my biking to my spin bike mostly. Another thing I enjoy is exploring different farmers markets around here and then making salads and cooking with all the fresh produce.

Exercise:✅
    Tracked:✅
    Under:✅
  • mshawski
    mshawski Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - Have you ever looked at Magdalena Abakanowicz? She’s one of my fav sculptors and her work is similar to Bourgeois.