Anyone With Chronic Illnesses?

PrincezzPri
PrincezzPri Posts: 10 Member
Greetings loves. I'm 44 will be 45 in October. I'm 5'9" and i weigh 165 looking to maintain 155 and build muscle.

I have chronic illnesses that very much frustrates me!

Chronic Bronchitis
Chronic Fatigue
Fibromyalgia
Migraines and more!

Anyone else in here over 40 and have chronic illnesses that get in the way of not only life, but your fitness goals?

I started a group hoping we could encourage each other.

Thank you for your replies!

Replies

• Jenpec98
    Jenpec98 Posts: 49 Member
    I have hypertension, gerd, chronic fatigue, and stage 2 kidney failure. My life depends on me losing weight. My 40 suck!!
  • amandapotter4
    amandapotter4 Posts: 2 Member
    I am two weeks out from bariatric surgery. Prior to my procedure Fibromyalgia, Neuropathy, arthritis, chronic depression, sleep apnea, Acid reflux, hypertension, and being prediabetic.
    I am 46 ( in two weeks) 285 per surgery 255 currently 5 7 1/2" Goal weight is 145/150.
    I left the hospital no longer on antidepressants or high blood pressure medications. I just fear slipping back into unhealthy situations.
  • INTJmom
    INTJmom Posts: 15 Member
    I have asthma, migraines, occipital neuralgia, and mild scoliosis that sometimes causes nerve pain to shoot down one or both legs. I also have hypertension, but it is well-controlled with medication.
  • myajmyty3231
    myajmyty3231 Posts: 2 Member
    I am usually very fit and I eat healthy for the most part. I turned 46 in February and caught Covid nit only did I gain Covid weight I gained some health problems after Covid. I’m dealing with arthritis in my back, extremely high cholesterol, and bladder and intestinal issues. I am trying to restart my workout but I can only manage 2x a week for 25-30 mins. This is killing me and I’m trying my best to slowly work my way back to 5 days a week. I need to lose 20lbs and Maintain a healthy diet. My cholesterol LDL is more that 200 so my diet is a must to save my life.
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Chronic Peripheral venous insufficiency, Valley Fever. The valley fever can be a bit dicey where symptoms flare up. Cant breath to do the big miles on the bike I like to do.
  • DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    I am usually very fit and I eat healthy for the most part. I turned 46 in February and caught Covid nit only did I gain Covid weight I gained some health problems after Covid.

That is frustrating. Everything I've seen about long covid, or just how hard the impact of the virus can be afterward, makes me appreciate how difficult and slow full recovery can be. I'm sure you will recover eventually.
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Thrombocytopenia, anemia and an anxiety disorder here. I just would just love to lose the 40lbs I gained after my last surgery.
  • JenneauInLA
    JenneauInLA Posts: 18 Member
    INTJmom wrote: »
    I have asthma, migraines, occipital neuralgia, and mild scoliosis that sometimes causes nerve pain to shoot down one or both legs. I also have hypertension, but it is well-controlled with medication.

I have scoliosis. Posture is a constant struggle for me. I've also got cirrhosis, but it's under control and I'm getting stronger. Scoliosis has caused me serious self-esteem issues. It's only improved with a lot of patience, not trying to force myself to "stand up straight." Everyone says do yoga (and I do enjoy it), but weight training has made a bigger difference in my back pain. Hope that's at all useful--nice to meet ya!
  • LynneM1980
    LynneM1980 Posts: 103 Member
    Hello! I've got fibromyalgia, IBS, chronic fatigue, low back pain and horrid depression and anxiety as well as OCD. Trying to get into some semblance of shame after letting things get the best of me for the past decade.
  • JenneauInLA
    JenneauInLA Posts: 18 Member
    LynneM1980 wrote: »
    Hello! I've got fibromyalgia, IBS, chronic fatigue, low back pain and horrid depression and anxiety as well as OCD. Trying to get into some semblance of shame after letting things get the best of me for the past decade.

Hi Lynn. I think you meant 'shape' and not "shame?" I hope that's not a Freudian slip--no shame needed.

I'm in the same boat--I let self-destructive habits take over for about a decade, too. Now I'm getting healthy for the first time in my adult life. Hope that you're feeling optimistic, too. Peace.
  • LynneM1980
    LynneM1980 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi Jenne! Yes I did. Dang autocorrect!! I'm pretty optimistic so far. Have a great night!
  • kristikerr1
    kristikerr1 Posts: 1 Member
    I have Hashimoto's Disease and asthma. I feel like between the two, I'm really screwed on weight loss. I'm almost 300 pounds, I wasn't this heavy when I carried twins, and I'm eating so much less than I ever have been!
  • jenstress
    jenstress Posts: 19 Member
    I read this really great book by someone with chronic illness and she gave me great advice I think - she encouraged patience and compassion with what is and enjoy life while simultaneously persistently seeking help and solutions. Medical research keeps moving forward and there's so much hope. Wishing everyone joy in the present and hope for the future 💕