Options
a45378
a45378 Posts: 2 Member
Does anyone have tips on how to deal with night eating like 3 am ish

Replies

• audreywalt03
    audreywalt03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know this might sound a little overboard but I literally had to tape my door and whenever I caught myself about to open the door the tape would remind me to say to myself “why am I doing this, I am not hungry” and then I try to distract myself with something to do or to watch and keeping my hands active!
  • audreywalt03
    audreywalt03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh and if this doesn’t work for you, start small. Go buy your favorite favored gum and try to chew that when you feel like eating something! :)
  • JJB2791
    JJB2791 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you have any reason to be awake at 03:00? I have worked the night shift for many years and 03:00 and later was primetime for emotional eating (sleepy, boredom) and would then proceed to fall asleep. The problem never really got better till Igot another job working during the daytime and was able to sleep at night.
  • LinserSE
    LinserSE Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yeah! So on the weekends I take late night motorcycle rides, will stay out at bars too late, young irresponsible thing *insert here,* I probably do it.

What I do to curb late-night cravings is keep different flavors of gum with me, for some reason I really crave sweet stuff the later it gets. If you want something salty like potato chips, brush your teeth or chew some really minty gum. It really overloads your taste buds and curbs the urge to eat anything.
  • LinserSE
    LinserSE Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Oh, and if gum isn't your thing, try something that will satisfy the need without adding on calories. For example, if I really get a naw at 2am, I'll grab an apple or an orange, and if I don't feel like eating that, I don't grab anything at all. If you wont eat something good for you, you're not that hungry -- identify that, and get busy or go to sleep (usually boredom or ritual is to blame).

Hope this helps! :)
  • brownleyelizabethsenn273
    Options
    Great ideas! I'll definitely try the gum idea.
  • 1zziebee
    1zziebee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’ve found brushing my teeth after dinner helps with those late night cravings from boredom.