Introduction Thread (please tell us who you are:)

Options
supercpa999
supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
I thought it would be helpful to our group if we added this thread to introduce ourselves and share anything that we would like.

I’m scott, I live in Tampa and I’m bisexual
My goal is to get down to between 160-170 which should be pretty lean for me. I am always open to friend requests. I would like this group to provide a safe place to share and support each other and have fun with it.

Replies

• ElectrifyingGravity
    ElectrifyingGravity Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Emily, live in Ohio, queer.
    I came just shy of reaching my goal weight a few years ago but with Covid and my love of eating, I'm almost back to where I started and trying again.
    I'm on here most every day and I love seeing everyone's accomplishments and cheering for them!! I can just be kinda shy when it comes to reaching out (sorry! *hands over eyes*).
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm Jenni, Pan. Would like to make new friends 🥰
  • Jaegur
    Jaegur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I'm Ray - bi/poly/pan/treelover/readerofbooks/fat/uhh/hmm/wordswordswords

Good afternoon! Sigh. I've been doing this for a while, it feels like. I was doing well, then something happened in my family that threw everything into spin-mode, and now three years later I'm doing everything I can, but nothing seems to be working. I'm considering, at this point, weight-loss-surgery. After doing a veritable *kitten*-ton of research, it seems incredibly hard to go through, but it also does something to your metabolism that I feel like is what I need?

Anyway, who knows what's going to happen, right? In the meantime I'm working my *kitten* off while away from home for work and I didn't come here to write a book but I've been away from home for like 2 weeks and it gets lonely and people!

Hi! Feel free to add me! I could use new friends. How do you even make friends as an adult? Get together while you're out paying bills?
  • CelestialInsomniac
    CelestialInsomniac Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone 👋🏼

I’m 28, 6’1, currently 75% to my first weight lost goal (losing 80lbs). I’ve lived in Texas for over a year (RGV area), have a wonderful fiancé, and I’m a lesbian. I’m optimistic, bubbly, and always been told it’s easy to tell me anything. I’ve always wanted to be healthier, and what really pushed me towards it faster was when I got hospitalized for a pulmonary embolism, which is a blood clot in your lung. It can vary but luckily mine is really small. So with having a PE I have to slowly build my endurance and have been keeping a single-portion , low/sugar free low sodium, and no trans fat diet.

If anyone wants to add me I’m always down making friends, and buddies I can motivate/support through this weight loss journey.
  • supercpa999
    Options
    Welcome! Glad you are here!
  • CelestialInsomniac
    CelestialInsomniac Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad you are here!

Thank you 😊💜
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shannon. I'm lesbian, and I'm considered morbidly obese for my age group(30s). I'm looking to make friends, and also for support on my journey in losing weight. Also, might I add, I'm a furry.

I'm glad there's a group on here that I can feel safe and be myself, and not feel so awkward and out of place.
  • supercpa999
    Options
    Welcome Shannon!
    Glad you found us!
  • Alex3128l
    Alex3128l Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Alex. I’m non-binary and passionate about bodybuilding and fitness.
  • LaurensE1
    LaurensE1 Posts: 195 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Laurence and mostly active on the Dutch forums.
    Now and then here in this lovely group for the English forums. Feel free to add me.

I want to become more fit and get more muscle. Now I do boxing, running (5km or 10km once a month) and a bit of strength mixed with a few cardio exercises every week. But I should probably do more strength training... Just can't be bothered to go myself, so I join classes at the gym.
  • Twomirrors
    Twomirrors Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Temira/Tony. I live in Hood River, Oregon, and I identify as gay and trans-masc. My pronouns are they/he. Please add me as a friend!
  • Alex3128l
    Alex3128l Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Happy to be added as a friend too.
  • DoryPhish
    DoryPhish Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Dory, like the fish. I'm 31 transmasc/andro/gender fluid. I live in the PNW with my wife (who's also trans) and our two kids who are 12 and 7. We also have two cats that have FeLV and a leopard gecko.

I like weight lifting, swimming, going for walks. I mostly try to stick to a modified Paleo/keto diet, and incorporate primal living into my life as much as possible. Add me!
  • loprezl
    loprezl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone👋, just joined recently. Name is Jonathan and from long island, New York.
  • XennetX
    XennetX Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hello, i'm kind of new. just looking for some support. my name is zenith, traverse city, michigan.
  • loprezl
    loprezl Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    XennetX wrote: »
    hello, i'm kind of new. just looking for some support. my name is zenith, traverse city, michigan.

Welcome zenith!! I totally agree with the support. Just know, once you start tracking your calories and macros you'll be so surprised at how fast it accumulates. I was in shocked 🤦🏻‍♂️😂
  • robyn9833
    robyn9833 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Robyn. I am American but I live in Belfast. I am bisexual.
  • Russ7477
    Russ7477 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm glad to join this group and look forward to receiving and sharing encouragement on the journey to better health.
  • Russ7477
    Russ7477 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    jeffmorten wrote: »
    so I’m back here to start over again!
    HI Jeff, I'm also starting over. My downfall is evening snacking. I'm looking for mutual motivation to stay on track.