July 24 Sign In

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    edited July 2021
    @SummerSkier - @clutterqueen - @snowshoe072 - @JTreasures -
    Kudos for staying on track.

@WhatMeRunning - I was where you are 20 years ago. Then I got an opportunity for early retirement and I took it. I never looked back. Tempus fugit Carpe Diem.

@RangerRickL - I know that your six year old Self would absolutely love you. I did lose sight of mine for a short while, but she resurfaced, and I took her back into my heart. I nurture her daily.

@alligatorob - I hope you have a wonderful time on your holiday. I'm sure you'll find lots to keep you entertained. You are still a Champion.

@ashleycarole86 - Your career sounds like many peoples peoples careers. There are good times and lots of good times. However, you have an excellent attitude which will allow you to move on when the time is right. Have a wonderful time on your canoe trip.

@ForLangston -
    We all have days like that. Only 7 more days to go, so hang in there.

@MadisonMolly2017 - You certainly did ask a biggie. But we all need these thought-provoking questions. I love your artistic endeavours, but I'm sure that that 10 minutes often stretches to much more. Creating things is such and engrossing activity.

@Winner_in_Life - Moving house is one of the most stressful things in our lives. I'm not surprised that it temporarily got to you. Hang in there. It will be worth it in the long run.

I'll be back later to read some more of your posts. The question that Maddie posed has certainly produced very interesting life stories.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    Freggie report:

Sunday: 4
    Monday: 1 (not a typo)
    Tuesday: 8
    Wednesday: 8
    Thursday: 4
    Friday: 3
    Saturday: 3

Well, this challenge has been an eye opener for me. I always thought I ate tons of fruits and veggies and 5/day was a no brainer. I’m going to keep tracking this.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,451 Member
    k19uatvaksgz.gif~ ~ ~Waving Hello~ ~ ~ 7/24/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes ..................................... ✅ ... 120 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... Sure am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... Sure did

STEPS.......... 15,100 ......... 90 m Walking .... 30 m cleaning ....

WOOHOO its the Weekend = = cutting back walking time on Weekends

Documenting CONSISTANCY For personal ACCOUNTABILITY

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,827 Member
    7/24

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Only managed to take Pete the Pug for a walk yesterday morning. ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

Using #3 pass
    0 pass days left
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,150 Member
    July 24

Exercise: 55 minutes biking, 20 minutes elliptical, 50 minutes weight training, 55 minutes stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under

Pass days: 0
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Freggie report:

Sunday: 4
    Monday: 1 (not a typo)
    Tuesday: 8
    Wednesday: 8
    Thursday: 4
    Friday: 3
    Saturday: 3

Well, this challenge has been an eye opener for me. I always thought I ate tons of fruits and veggies and 5/day was a no brainer. I’m going to keep tracking this.

Yes, me too. And my husband too. Found we averaged 3-4.

We’re continuing, too!

This past month I added a teeny habit to practice…checking if I needed to defrost any protein for dinner or not. I realized if I had that couple of ounces, all my eating went better. (I also drink milk, peanut butter, etc.)

It went perfectly.

In August, along with continuing my sleep habits [which are working Beyond My Wildest Dreams…as of Night 3 🤣], I am going to add to this…do we have enough *appealing* fruit/veg for 3 days out. This way we should have at least as much as we need - always.

I am now in the place for each meal -or snack- much like my hikes. Not…do I want fruit/veg, but rather which one(s) will I be eating!!

Thanks for joining the Freggie Challenge, @biketheworld!

🥬🍓🍊🥑🍎🧅
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    7/24/2021 (although I'm late posting)

Did I exercise at least 20 minutes? No
    Did I track everything? Yes.
    Did I stay within calorie limits? I did, until I remembered something this morning that I forgot last night and that put me over.

Freggies? Well, I had zoodles for dinner at one of our local Italian restaurants. (I'm grateful they even have the zoodles option - not many places do).

What a thought provoking topic today. I generally dislike the question of "what did you want to be when you grew up?" because, for the most part, I don't remember even thinking that much about it.
    6th through 8th grade? I don't remember caring much about anything other than the next book I was going to read and when I was going to get to go horseback riding again. To this day, I can't think that I ever thought of the future beyond the next day or so. I don't know what I imagined the future would hold, but I am pretty certain it wasn't what I'm living. Ah well.

I finished nearly 26 years in the semiconductor field back in March 2005. My time there was, for the most part, okay. And they paid for my education (Associates Degree in Digital Electronics from the local community college and a BSBM from the University of Phoenix). When they "retired me early," I'd just recently filed for divorce (3 weeks previously) so went from two incomes to one income to severance pay which (thank all the gods) lasted until I found a job after a lot of depressing job-hunting. I got really tired of "You're over-qualified for this position" or "You just don't have the experience we're looking for." I don't care if you think I'm over-qualified, I have three teenagers I have to support, I need the danged job! And, the real Catch-22 of job-hunting - how am I supposed to get experience if nobody will hire me because I don't have any experience. I can sympathize with anybody going through this today. I finally got a job at a catalog sales call center and that job was absolute hell and I'm grateful to this day that circumstances changed enough that I was able to leave that job after only 4 months. I started at the Courthouse in January 2006 and I've been there since. I really enjoyed it when I first started and, while I still like it, sort of, I won't be heartbroken when it comes time to leave.

I'm projecting retirement on December 31, 2025. That will give me a full 20 years in there and it will be time and past. If I make it that far, and am still a functioning human being, we'll see what happens. I'd like to travel, take art and/or photography classes, maybe learn a new language, go back to dance lessons, and who knows what else. But there are a lot of factors (my daughter, for one) that may well affect all my future plans. We'll see then if whatever dreams I may have had back in the late 1960s will come to fruition in the late 2020s.

• seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Saw this today, from Jay Shetty (an inspirational speaker/author)

• abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    February 10/3
    March 12/3
    April 10/3
    May 8/3
    June 6/3

2x yes

6/3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,060 Member
    edited July 2021
    @lesdarts180 - it sounds like you had rather a fraught day. I hope you actually got to the theatre in the end.
    @Higa2021 - I'm sure you will choose well. And it sounds like you made it through to a happy life in the end.
    @biketheworld - It is amazing what you find out when you actually start to keep a record. I'm sure that your Freggies will improve now that you know what's happening.
    @SModa61 - It is difficult to stay strong when family are still on the old path.
    @DebyS137 - congrats on the consistency. I hope you enjoyed the weekend.
    @GrandmaJackie - You may have lost your third pass day, but you can still make the winners circle. Hang in there, my friend.
    @calvin20874 - Yay! 3 x yes!!!👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    @MadisonMolly2017 - Well done on the tiny habits. Little by little success is ours.
    @Mrs_Hoffer - I am sure that many others don't remember what they wanted to grow up to be as children. I certainly know that being a teacher was not something that was on my radar. I'm so glad that you are contemplating taking up the massage full time. Providing such personal services can be so rewarding.
    @SummerSkier - I'm glad that you realised your ambition to own a horse. As a girl I worked in a local stables in order that I could actually get to ride the horses. My family weren't well enough off to afford to pay for me to have lessons.
    @seilidhe - I'm glad you finally found a niche in the courthouse. You could choose to do at least some of those things that you want to do before you retire. 😍 The Jay Shetty quote.
    @abowersgirl - Well done! Your Pass Days are reducing each month. You'll be in the Winners Circle before you know it.

I think that's me for this Saturday. It's been lovely reading all the childhood dreams and how you've got to where you are today. I will pop back in the morning just in case there are any late comers. In the meantime I'm off over to Sundays page to post my Sundays results.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    What did I wanna be when I grew up?

Preschool: Butterfly
    High school: Bioengineer (so I could build the real RoboCop)
    University: Speech writer

There's a thread here, I promise: being a (silent or catalyst) part of change.

A caterpillar quietly becomes a butterfly. The engineers who eventually build RoboCop will not get the same "glory" as RoboCop does. The speech writer is rarely seen or heard from even though the politician is leveraging their words. To me, this is not a bad thing or a matter of shying away from "The Spotlight." Every light has a power source.

So can I be "catalyst" or a "power source" from here to month end...and from now on?

Literally working on it.

Thank you Maddie and Terri for helping us reflect. @Winner_in_Life hope today is a better day for you. And @lesdarts180 Happy birthday, all the same, to your son. He sounds like he was such a good man and I always appreciate your sharing him with us.

---|---|---|--
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?YES |Kettlebell swings (4), Skipping (11), Walking (18) TOTAL: 33 min
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | Base + 103
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES |
    ---|---|---|---

Personal Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? NO | 29%
    Pass Days Used: (JUL19)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    From the age of 4 I always knew that I wanted a horse. I have been blessed to have the most wonderful one in the world and that is no lie. It's not just the riding. It's the whole package. care, cleaning. worrying etc. But I have no regrets and sometimes when I think that I haven't accomplished anything I have to remind myself that this was my dream and it continues to be.

fbv96k1c97mr.png

@SummerSkier I just love this picture of Bandit. The blue sky, green grass, and even the clouds, make this photo look so peaceful and relaxing!!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,583 Member
    July 24th:
    :frowning: Tracked all my calories
    :frowning: Stayed under calorie goal
    :frowning: Exercised more than 20 mins

9/24 days (started July 12th, so 9/13 days from when I started)
    4/3 pass days used

Didn't have a great day, and got lazy. Back on track tomorrow.
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, ~30 minutes of indoor walking Youtube workout
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No. I was super hungry today. Given how low I was most of the week, I'm ok with going over. I mostly add decent food and wasn't just snacking on junk food so I'm ok with the decision to eat a couple hundred extra calories.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass day 5

When I was young, I wanted to be an author. I think about that sometimes, but never really follow-through. I don't remember at what point my goals changed to science. I wanted to create new medicines to help people. Over time that evolved a bit, but I'm generally doing what I wanted. I also would love to learn new languages. I start working on it with apps, but struggle for consistency. Good food for thought and goals to work towards.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,281 Member
    July 24, 2021

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Going "nuts" with nuts today? No (19 days-free )
    (I go "nuts" with nuts most times, trying to continue a good habit this month. Counting the number of "nuts" free days.)

Pass day 1/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).

Maddie, interesting opening. Hmmm