Morning routine

loprezl
loprezl Posts: 20 Member
edited July 2021 in Social Groups
Just curious, how do you all like to start your day when it comes to breakfast?
I my go to is a either a smoothie or a bowl of oats with the works ๐Ÿคญ.

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I batch-cook breakfast burritos and eat those during the workweek. Filling varies, always a combo of egg + breakfast meat + potato and/or beans + cheese. This week was bacon and cheddar, next week will be sausage and pepper jack.

Hubs and I have a standing breakfast date on Saturday mornings at a First Watch in town - I get up and go to the gym, come home and shower, and then we go get food. Lazy Sunday breakfast is whatever; Hubs has a commitment Sunday late morning/early afternoon, so usually we'll get coffees and maybe something light at a local coffeeshop before he goes off to do his thing and I do mine. I might eat a bowl of cereal or something before that ("my thing" is a long walk/mild hike at a local natural area). Last weekend I introduced him to the concept of "Jammy Oats," which is just oatmeal with jam in it but somehow not something he'd ever tried.
  • loprezl
    That is awesome. Love the whole routine you both have going. I'm definitely going to try the burrito prep and have a variety. That sounds delicious.
    Hope your wellness journey is going great so far ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช
  • taylorfields1
    taylorfields1 Posts: 1 Member
    Protein shake with oats and egg whites.
  • loprezl

Awesome.. you can nvr go wrong with a protein shake. Quick & easy ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช
  • petegamer10
    petegamer10 Posts: 14 Member
    I start work at 5am so my 330am breakfast is something like seeded toast, avocado and bacon or eggs. That fires me up for my bike ride to work!
  • loprezl
    I start work at 5am so my 330am breakfast is something like seeded toast, avocado and bacon or eggs. That fires me up for my bike ride to work!

That is amazing you can use fitness to get to work and get some extra calories burnt while at it ๐Ÿ‘. I love the balance of protein, fats, and carbs to start your day ๐Ÿž๐Ÿณ๐Ÿฅ“๐Ÿฅ‘ ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช..
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    coffee, black...if I'm hungry (which I'm normally not) then an omelette or scrambled eggs
  • loprezl
    coffee, black...if I'm hungry (which I'm normally not) then an omelette or scrambled eggs

Your very brave, drinking black coffee. I forgot to get oatmilk for my coffee once and I suffered that morning ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ.. also omelettes are great. Now I want one ๐Ÿ˜…
  • CptKrzysztof
    CptKrzysztof Posts: 1 Member
    Intermittent fasting until noon
  • loprezl
    Nvr tried it but heard it can be good.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I've been on a 1/2 bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon kick the last few days...coffee is still black...