Looking for Friends

Replies

• scary_mary73
    scary_mary73 Posts: 52 Member
    Hi, I am 48 and a single mum to 2 teenage boys. I have concentrated on my kids for years and neglected to look after myself properly. I am trying to change that and have started with a personal trainer for the fitness side.

Happy to add new friends.
  • timgallegos15
    timgallegos15 Posts: 68 Member
    Hey yall, im 45 looking for more friends to encourage and support and vice versa. This weight loss thang is a marathon not a sprint, consistency is key... Add for chat, encouragement, advice whateves..... Lets do this yall!!!!
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    I see a lot of MFP friends in general have been dropping off. I have a very high streak and have been very consistent. Please add me as a friend, especially if you are serious about staying :)
  • rmitchell239
    rmitchell239 Posts: 124 Member
    Hi there! 46 into jogging, lifting, and losing. Shall we lift each other up? Add me!
  • Squiktater
    Squiktater Posts: 12 Member
    Hi everyone, new here! My last two years have consisted of three surgeries, one serious complication, the death of a close family member, a new job, and a whole lot of stress eating to the tune of 25+ lbs over my usual weight. I'm over feeling like crap, being out of shape, and I don't want to have to buy a whole new wardrobe when the office opens back up. :D I'm also setting some training goals for myself...I want to swim a long open water race next summer, for one.
    I could also use some friends to keep me on track!
  • LynneM1980
    LynneM1980 Posts: 103 Member
    Anyone is more than welcome to add me!! I've lost 43 lbs so far, keeping on keeping on :) I've got quite a bit to lose and would love to meet other folks!
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Hi! I am 44 year old mom. I enjoy working out, focusing on cardio right now. I work from home and would like new interactive friends here, to help with encouragement, motivations and focus!
  • Dead_Mans_Party
    Dead_Mans_Party Posts: 891 Member
    Squiktater wrote: »
    Hi everyone, new here! My last two years have consisted of three surgeries, one serious complication, the death of a close family member, a new job, and a whole lot of stress eating to the tune of 25+ lbs over my usual weight. I'm over feeling like crap, being out of shape, and I don't want to have to buy a whole new wardrobe when the office opens back up. :D I'm also setting some training goals for myself...I want to swim a long open water race next summer, for one.
    I could also use some friends to keep me on track!

That is a heck of a goal. You can do it. Where is the open water swim to take place?
  • sunsetovernc
    sunsetovernc Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! I'm 43 and looking for friends as well. Right now, I'm using Nutrisystem and MFP (I don't use the Numi app). I'm in my first week and feeling...well cautiously optimistic? Friend request me if you want a buddy who you can vent to, cheer you on, or just trade self-taught wisdom with.
    Angie
  • aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    Hello! I'm 40 and looking for friends to support and who will also support me. Full disclosure, I do intermittent fasting and Keto (or LCHF). I try to interact with and comment on everyone's feed. I have a significant amount to lose (over 80 lbs) and need encouragement! I'm here for you! Send a FR :smiley:
  • adk1978
    adk1978 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi All - I was a member of MFP a few years back and now am rejoining. I remember it was overwhelming to me being a member of lots of groups, so I decided this time I'll just join one so 40 and Fabulous it is! I'm 43, stay at home mom of 2 boys. I'd love to have some friends for motivation!
  • snuff15ee
    snuff15ee Posts: 99 Member
    edited November 2021
    I've been off the platform for about 9 months, but I'm back. I lost 40 pounds doing CICO and being very active. I'm always looking out for my friends. Feel free to add me.
  • SkinnyMomma02
    SkinnyMomma02 Posts: 79 Member
    Hey y’all feel free to add me too!! I’m 40, mom of two boys soon to be 13 and 7yo. Single, divorced 5years now. I’m getting back into logging my food and working out more need to lose 17-20lbs by February. It’s so hard making adult friends lol…
  • duichaser
    duichaser Posts: 172 Member
    Let's do this! Feel free to add me as well.
  • Sparticus_2022
    Sparticus_2022 Posts: 23 Member
    edited January 2022
    Hey all,
    48yo husband and father looking to get his health back in line… feel free to add.. need to lose 30lbs by mid-March if possible
  • ToadstoolBetty
    ToadstoolBetty Posts: 292 Member
    I'm in serious need of new friends on mfp
    I removed a lot that either didn't respond to anything or hadn't been on for a year or more, but I had most of them on here for a good few years. Life happens but decided it was time for a change and kept the 6 I still have communication with, even if it is infrequent.
    I work in home care and look after others all day but not myself.
    I'm 43 and I'm simply really busy with work, kids and the house.
    I don't like weighing myself every week, just when I feel like it.
    All the numbers drive me mad and have been for a couple of years now, so very little tracking has been going on.
    I've used mfp for 10 years but had different profiles which is why that doesn't show on my profile.
  • MomBehavingDadly
    MomBehavingDadly Posts: 6 Member
    I'm 43, remarried but spent many, many years as a single mom - so I understand the challenges! Anyone can add me.
  • michelemorrill1
    michelemorrill1 Posts: 22 Member
    @kristenspammy I'm new here, but I'm a mom of 4, but I had my youngest at 42 and weight game is a lot harder now than it was when I was younger. I'm 49 now.
  • jsh082979
    jsh082979 Posts: 2 Member
    I am in the same boat and would love to have friends to help keep me motivated and encouraged. Feel free to add me if anyone would like to. 😊
  • LLCin2019
    LLCin2019 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi! 43 and I am restarting my weight loss journey again. Please add me, in need of support and will give support! Ready to resume my Peloton workouts on this new journey, as well as reduce stress. Need to learn ways to squeeze all this in between work and kids.