High cholestoral

Options
cantstopher
cantstopher Posts: 15 Member
so last year my LDL was 227. In January of this year I cut out all processed food, sugar and junk. I started walking a few times a day. I have lost 55 pounds and just had my blood tested. My LDL is now 268! and they said I am now a prediabetic. Did this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• cantstopher
    cantstopher Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    has this happened to anyone else?
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    My blood glucose dropped with very low carb. I was on a statin, and my cholesterol dropped to 150 combined. The doctor took me off it. Cholesterol then went back up to 230(ish) combined, and the ratios are bad. We watched this for a couple of years, but he wants me to go back on the statin now.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    LDL is not the main indicator of diabetes, your blood sugar levels are -- what is your HbA1C? Above 6.5 is considered diabetic according to most charts, I think.
    You can read about LDL on www.cholesterolcode.com -- it is a bit geeky but good information from Dave Feldman. He has a protocol you can follow for the three days before your blood draw that will give lower cholesterol results. I have used it and it works!
    That said, my total chol is higher than when I ate the SAD diet -- keto / low carb tends to push it up. You could also be one of those who have ultra high cholesterol.
    ***ding ding ding! Feldman has posted a chol risk calculator! plug in your stats and see what comes up. https://cholesterolcode.com/new-report-tool-launched/
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    What blood testing have you had done? If you haven't already, you should ask your doctor to order NMR Lipoprofile testing to determine what types of LDL you have, there are two different kinds and the smaller LDL particles are the ones that are more concerning.