What's on your mind today?

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,989 Member
    @thabit11 yep i totally can relate to wat ur saying. I also find a little treat a day stops me from going crazy on junk food! It wld be great if i cld cut my treat out all together but its only 50 to 150 cals a day and it brings me sooo much joy. Yeah half size me is sensational ive watched all her YouTube vids and only 2 of her podcasts. Xo
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited August 2021
    Great insights already shared for you above @KCJen. I tend to view others' posts in the morning (even if I haven't posted myself). I'll hit the reaction emojis and then post my results...later.

Sometimes days later lol

Whatever strategy works for you.

Like you said, the engagement with others is helpful but there are MANY ways to go about do that. Now that @RangerRickL is participating (rather than hosting), there are also more volunteer opportunities to post the day's opening thread.

I'm doing tomorrow's. Perhaps you can consider whether lead posting for the day is a way to keep yourself engaged too?
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Thank you @jamcnewman @seilidhe @thabit11 @maltedtea for your responses. I think this month I will probably find my style on handling it. Of course, I have much bigger things to worry about right now, so I might just go with the flow and see where that takes me!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,785 Member
    KCJen wrote: »
    I have a question for everyone. I have always struggled to try to find my "way" in posting and getting connected in the group. I am readjusting my schedule and routine, so maybe posting in the morning is not best for me since I feel rushed. Or maybe I just need to go about staying on top of things differently. Or a combination of both??

The problem is, to be honest, I really don't have a plan or a system on how to read the posts and how to stay on top of everyone's posts. So I wanted to ask how everyone handles that. Do you read the posts daily? Multiple times a day? Read every day's entry? Or just post in the what is on your mind section?

I need to be involved more in the UAC because the UAC is the only "support group" I have for healthy goals and a healthy lifestyle. My goal for August is to develop posting consistently and not disappearing after I am disqualified in addition to developing a system to stay involved and social in the group. :smile:

Hi @KCJen , honestly some days it's impossible to read all the posts. Don't force it.

But it only takes a few minutes to update your 3 stats. So I don't think anyone should feel responsible to read and keep up with the entire group. It's LARGE. Some days I am too busy to do anything but put 3 checks. Some days I go back and see what happened. Just staying here is the most important Champion part. Now if the fairy gif would quit burning my eyes out. ... o:)

Summer
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    @KCJen I know that you have A LOT going on in your life right now and my suggestion would be to make it a priority just to log on and post your 3 stats sometime at the end of your day (you said you felt rushed in the mornings). It'll get easier when you can make it a HABIT - incorporate it into part of your evening routine! :) If I have time throughout the day (some days I have more time than others), I will log on and read and maybe even comment on posts. In the evening, when I'm closing out my food diary is when I post my 3 stats. At that time I'll also spend a few minutes catching up on posts as well. It's a lot to keep up with, and in the beginning, when I was super busy, I would log on in the evening JUST to post my 3 stats and nothing else - and that's fine too. Then, in the next day or two, I would make it back to the posts that I'd missed and spend time reading and commenting. :)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    @SummerSkier I agree! :)
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited August 2021
    ~💕~✌️~💕~💗~💕~ 😀 ~💕~💗~💕~ ✌️ ~ 💕 ~ 💕~💗~ 💕 ~ 😀 ~💕~💗~💕~ ✌️ ~💕~💗~ 💕 ~ 😀 ~💕~💗~💕~✌️~💕~
    ...............tpzbdbhgry94.gif..............

4kieyzice6mq.gif~~ Waving HI ~~ Good Afternoon ~~ Wishing Everyone a HIPPIE FUNtastic Friday ~~

"Basically, I was a hippie and still am a flower child." ~ ~ ~ Donna Karan ~ ~ ~ (That would be me as well, I LOVE BEing HIPPIEish)

• Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    @KCJen I'm also relatively new and finding my way. I wish mfp would show when we like a post or give a hug. I forget who says what and can't tag everyone. But all the positive posts are really inspirational so I hope you find that too.
  • MaltedTea
    Sending you love from Montreal @Higa2021 In the main forums, you may want to connect with @AnnPT77 because she has shared her experiences.

(Hopefully this link to her recent conversations about her medical history works for you)
  • Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Sending you love from Montreal @Higa2021 In the main forums, you may want to connect with @AnnPT77 because she has shared her experiences.

(Hopefully this link to her recent conversations about her medical history works for you)

Thank you 😊
  • Geneveremfp
    Geneveremfp Posts: 504 Member
    Higa2021 wrote: »
    I don't where to post this, but I am looking for good energy. Got a mammogram and biopsy and now have to do another after an MRI. I'll have to have surgery and possibly radiation. While it sounds scary, I have to remember that they say it's in the early stages. So I haven't been doing very well on tracking or counting lately! I'd love to hear some success stories!

Not sure what to say other than lots of love and positive energy going to you from Bristol, UK.

You've got this. Probably doesn't feel like it right now but you do.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    No problem @AnnPT77 . Thanks so much for chiming in! I'm so glad that you were able to connect with @Higa2021 .
  • MaltedTea
    Oh @AnnPT77 you never cease to amaze. Thank you for chiming in!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,785 Member
    @Higa2021 hugs. Sounds like they found it very very early. Please keep us up-to-date and take care of yourself 🥺
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,710 Member
    @Higa2021 Hugs and positive thoughts from Somerset, UK. Hang on in there.