August 8

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Options

Cholesterol tests: Normal to Optimal
    Off Avorstatin

Blood pressure: low normal
    Off lisinopril

Crohn’s in remission

Excellent blood glucose

Great kidney labs.

Form unhealthy to healthy.❤️

NICE!! You've done such an amazing job Maddie! You are such an inspiration! ❤️
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Restaurants and I don't really get along - from a gastrointestinal perspective 😬 - especially more so on vacation so it has not been a nutritional challenge for me historically.

I'd rather get an AirBnB and cook local food the majority of the time. But there are exceptions and I'll use Tokyo and Paris as examples...

Exception #1: I MUST at least visit McDonald's if I'm vacationing outside of North America because seeing the adapted menus is fun (there's rice served in Tokyo and a dedicated section for viennoiserie/pastries in Paris)

Exception #2: I'll indulge in "international foods" in other countries (Tokyo had the best naan bread at ANY AND EVERY Indian restaurant I visited, Paris had an interesting Caribbean restaurant)
    nrkk1ne829gb.jpg

---|---|---|---
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | The 10,000 Swing Kettlebell Workout, Chin-ups (48), Hip Rehab (10) TOTAL: 58
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | Base + 289
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES |
    ---|---|---|---

Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? NO | 36%
    Pass Days Used: (AUG06)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    Aug 8:
    C✔️ T✔️ E✔️

PASSES USED: 0/3

❌ Net carbs <25%? No. 28% (I had steel cut rolled oats with blueberries for breakfast! :( Didn't even think about the carbohydrates until I was almost finished!)
    ❌ Protein >100g? No. 94g. (I only had 1 boiled egg with my breakfast, should've had 2!)
    ✔️ Yoga. Yes.
    :) Kettlebell. Rest Day.
    ✔️ 12k steps? Yes! 31,721 steps so far today! Walked 4.5 miles this morning BEFORE church, and then I walked HOME from church..... another 9 miles. 😊 🚶
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,031 Member
    Options
    well said Maddie.
    So, after 5 years 8 months, I’m one of those people who doesn’t like how I feel if I eat too much. So I don’t - even on vacation.

and even now when I ...start...to....go...off... the.... rails.... lately somewhere back in the deepest recesses of my bingybrain I remember this. The last 2 attempts by that devil failed. :D I just do not like how it feels. And I do not like how it effects my heart and health. period.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

Of course I haven't been on a vacation in a long long time (like 2010 was the last one) but I do remember how it seemed like it was always there had to be a HUGE dinner every day. Breakfast and lunch were usually pretty easy but dinners. Not sure how I would cope with this now - maybe try to split entrees etc...

Summer

Thank you @SummerSkier
    Perhaps that is those are the “secret” to maintenance:
    You no longer like the feeling of overfilled
    AND
    You love the exercise(s) you’ve decided to do

• stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    8/8
    Exersised yes
    Caleries yes