Breakfast Ideas

Options
I'm not sure where I got this recipe but it's good for a change of pace.
take 1 slice of bread and toast it lightly;
Put it on a small baking pan;
top the toasted bread with 1/2 cup of either ricotta cheese or cottage cheese.
add enough blueberries to cover the cheese [frozen or fresh, both work]
add sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut to suit your taste;
Put the baking pan in a broiler for about 3-5 minutes [depending on how much you like it warm and browned]
Eat and enjoy;
Calories totally depend on what you pick and how much you use for bread, cheese, blueberries & coconut,
It's a yummy alternative to traditional bkfsts.

Replies

1016810 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yogurt bowls are high in protein and healthy, not to mention easy to prepare- here's my go-to:
    siggy's icelandic skyr vanilla yogurt
    homemade granola (oats with oil and syrup toasted over skillet until crunchy)
    frozen strawberries
    banana
    almond butter
    pine nuts
    drizzle of honey
    (❁´◡`❁)
  • jkardine
    jkardine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not a breakfast per se but recently I have been straining my greek yogurt for 24 hours through a Muslin cloth. It ends up thick like whipped double cream and filling so not so much needed. I can highly recommend this as either breakfast or as a treat at the end of the evening. Handful of berries a spoon of this thick 'n' creamy yogurt and some crushed pecans/seeds, well worth the effort. xx
  • Janatki
    Janatki Posts: 730 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Homemade Baked Beans - serves 2 or 3

Fry small diced white onion with 2 cloves garlic in 1 tbs olive oil. Till starting to brown - about 2 -3 mins.
    Add handful fresh herb - thyme for me. Add 1/2 tbs of wholegrain mustard, 250mls stock - veg or chicken, 40 gms tomato purée and 1 can (400gms) of white beans - haricot or cannelloni. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 15 - 20 mins.

This recipe was given to me by a work colleague recently.
    Be warned though - you don’t go back to the convenience of tinned backed beans after this 🤣🤣🤣
  • megita77
    megita77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This one from the Andalusia (olive growing) area of Spain: toasted table bread with grated tomato, olive oil and salt. It's amazing with cappuccino.
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    megita77 wrote: »
    This one from the Andalusia (olive growing) area of Spain: toasted table bread with grated tomato, olive oil and salt. It's amazing with cappuccino.

This is what I had most days for breakfast growing up (I'm northern Spanish), also sprinkling the prepared toast as above with cumin/basil and adding some cured Iberian ham on top! Plus a side of fruit...delicious!
  • HockeyDadWithAbs
    HockeyDadWithAbs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just bought a microwave egg poacher - worked great. Two poached eggs on sausage rounds (Greenfield Natural Meat Co from Costco) topped with the Chinese Siracha sauce - yum. Protein 31g, 37gFat, 1gCarb (going Keto)
  • WANT2BTRIM1
    WANT2BTRIM1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Banana Pancakes

(Small pancakes similar in size to crepes) - Total Calories - 249
    This is 1 serving.

1 medium banana (ripe) 105 Calories
    2 Whole eggs - 144
    A few drops of vanilla extract

Beat eggs and mash banana separately with a fork. Add the mashed banana into the eggs. Add a few drops of vanilla extract.

Using a tablespoon, add 2 table spoons of the mixture to make one pancake. Wait until the pancakes look cooked mostly cooked on top and very gently flip with a thin spatula.

Be sure not to do an aggressive flip like you would with a normal pancake. I get about 7 mini pancakes out of the mixture. Keeping the pancakes small in size is key. This method works well for me and I don't need to add syrup or anything else. Enjoy!
  • ericglosser
    ericglosser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i like cereal
  • Janele0627
    Janele0627 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Energy Bites!

- Peanut Butter
    - Rolled Oats
    - Flax/Chia Seeds
    - Chocolate Chips
    - Honey

Mix all the ingredients together - I don't really measure; I go by taste, consistency, and the number of portions I want to make. Using a table spoon, make into balls. Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper and chill. One or two of these are sweet and satisfying! Good for dessert/car rides/outdoor events as well as a quick grab and go breakfast option you can make ahead