August 10

Options
124»

Replies

• Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 today. This week my pieces of elephant are doing what it takes to get back on track and adding in some strength exercises at lunch. (Less busy week at work so I'm taking an hour off each day.)
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    ^ I guess my day was not quite what I thought. Posted on the wrong day!! Adding to the 11th
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,372 Member
    Options
    8/10

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

Used pass #1
    PASSES USED: 1/3
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,188 Member
    Options
    @seilidhe
    I ride a mountain bike, brand name is Carrera.
    Due to the bike shortage, my husband and I basically bought what we could off of Kijiji, but it's a great bike so far.
    He is super obsessed with the idea of getting a road bike and is saving to get one for the spring. I'm happy with my mountain bike.
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    seilidhe wrote: »
    Quick questions for those of you who bike -- what kind of bike do you ride? Road bike? Mountain Bike? Hybrid? Cyclocross? Gravel? What make? I'm thinking of getting myself a new bike and giving my bike to Aislinn to replace the one that was stolen and I'm looking for any recommendations or insights from other cyclists. Thanks.

So many things to consider. How many miles are you riding? Do you like trails? Do you ever see yourself bikepacking? Do you want to to sit more upright or are you ok on drop handlebars? My suggestion is to go to a bike shop, get fitted, and they’ll let you test ride several. Google “how to decide on a bike” and see what advice is out there. Gravel bikes are definitely the rage right now and do seem like a better alternative to a hybrid. The trouble is, there is still a shortage of bikes. If you know what you want, check out proscloset.com and bikeexchange.com for a used one. Good luck!

Thank you, ma'am. I will check into that. I'm okay with either/or as far as upright/dropbar. I'm still a newbie, but while my rides recently have only been 10 miles due to time constraints, I've been averaging 20-22 miles, which may not seem a lot to those who regularly ride 50-60 miles or more at a time. I'm working on that. Hahahah! Haven't tried trails yet, but definitely not averse to the idea of simpler trails which could, I presume, lead to me finding I really enjoy it and going to slightly more challenging ones. Bikepacking? Like backpacking on a bike? I didn't know that was a thing. Hmmmm... Probably only if the end destination involves a hotel. I'm not a camper. Spent 6 months living in a tent and another 5 or 6 years living in a shack with no running water, cooking on a campstove and where it hit 117º inside one summer day because no AC. I don't camp anymore. My idea of roughing it is Motel 6. ;)

One of the riders in my running/riding group said she rented what she thought she wanted for a day of riding and fell in love with it, so that worked out for her. I don't have the money to rent every bike I've considered, so I'll have to be pretty certain before I do something like that. I haven't wanted to go to a shop because I really don't like shopping when I don't have any money, but I should do something. :)

Thanks again!
  • mikeandbethwilliams
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 3.3 mile walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    My elephant is adequate protein intake.

Reading about everyone's pachyderms was helpful. For example, @readyornot1234 I may steal your approach as I move into my 50s. And @fossil9078, we're here to support one another!

Have fun in Hawaii @calvin20874

Here's my super late entry...

---|---|---|---
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | Slide board/skating (10), Dancing (10) TOTAL: 20
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | Base + 148
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES |
    ---|---|---|---

Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? NO | 27%
    Pass Days Used: (AUG06)
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    February 10/3
    March 12/3
    April 10/3
    May 8/3