August 15

Options

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    15th August

Under calories which was easy 2day for a change lol. Didnt force a walk or weights today instead took bub in the back yard for a play then we ended up back inside dancing. Its our 1st day in covid lock down.

My Nsv is i hvent had a binge since 28th of May andi hvent emotinally ate since 8th July. Also its day 3 that i hvent grazed on 1 single thing! Can't wait to read all ur nsv's! Night team. Xox

That's an awesome NSV Donna @donna25trinity !! Huge kudos to YOU!! And playing with bub in the back yard sounds like it could be pretty "active" to me! Dancing too! Great job!! :heart:

Thanks xox
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Loved all ur nsv's guys!! From resisting fun foods, to booze to increasing fitness and self development there was literally so much wins guys! U are all doing a great job & u shld be very proud of urself! The 1st and the 15th are always my fave days of Uac!!! Xox
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    @donna25trinity you had asked me about my "fast" day on Friday - it was a fasting day for religious reasons. Lol.

Sorry, I guess I should've given more details. A good friend of mine from my church was in a horrible car accident last Wed and has a horrible concussion. Thankfully she walked away with no broken bones or other injuries, other than being pretty banged up - but her concussion is pretty bad. Her short term memory is completely gone right now and she's having trouble even putting sentences together. She's having nightmares every night. I've never seen anything like it before, but I've never known anyone with a concussion either. Several of the ladies in our church had decided to spend Friday praying and fasting for her complete recovery/healing. Doc says it can take several weeks to several months for her short term memory to completely return. If you're a praying person, please say a prayer for my friend Holly. 💗 Thanks.

Someone else had asked me how I can work so hard and exercise while fasting for 24 hours.... I've just learned to pay close attention to my body.... if I'm feeling light headed or dizzy at all, I would, of course, break the fast. But I've done periodic fasts my whole adult life.... I know that not everyone can do that (or should do that!)

Mrs-Hoffer How lovely of u guys to fast for her!Just beautiful!! It must be very hard for u to see her that way. I hve no doubt that she will recover tho esp with all of that love and positivity emanating her way. Yes my faith is stonger than ever, i shall also pray for your dear friend Holly's recovery!! Donna Xox
  • _JeffreyD_
    _JeffreyD_ Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Yes ✅✅✅
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    ☑️✔️✅
    ❤️Sleep

NSV: I am effectively eliminating worry, negative self talk, and discomfort with my affirmation.

This is huge.

That is beyond huge. That is part peak of self-actualization so kudos for continuing to climb the mountain (this is a Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs reference but I'll spare you the pyramid pic lol)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @tahm42 No worries - you're doing so well!

@Bovaryoo great NSV!!! ;)

@Anya_000 Awesome job on no wine this month!! Those "empty" calories weren't doing anything for you anyways! Lol. ;)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    bradkcrew wrote: »
    Exercise: :) 30 minute run. Little hair of the dog after yesterday's five miler. I have an out of town guest but I was still diligent and said I HAD to hit the road for 30 minutes.

Tracked: :)

Calories: :) I had guests for dinner and made chicken parm and fettuccini, a favorite meal of mine. I didn't touch it nor was I even tempted, as I sat eating a plate of spring mix. I also didn't have a problem forgoing the wine/beer everyone was drinking.

Wowsa! A terrific day all around! Huge KUDOS to you! :) Again, VERY impressive.
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @biketheworld - congratulations on the success of your event and much needed sleep!

NSV - when I am over on calories, I no longer just jump off the ship and eat all the things. When I am over now, it isn’t by much.

Sunday, August 15

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: over, but not by too much. Under with exercise calories but only by using more than I am comfortable with.
    Exercise: Yes, full body stretch warm up, cycle 45 min, cool down ride, post ride stretch. Now that I’m feeling better, time to start lifting again. Yay!

Pass days to date - 3
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @biketheworld Congrats on such a successful event! I know you put a lot of energy and effort into it. Very well done! And I love your NSV!

@jamcnewman you're doing fantastic! :love:

@readyornot1234 I love you're NSV as well! That's HUGE to have the discipline to not throw in the towel and eat whatever you want because you've gone over your daily goal anyway.... :) KUDOS!