Introduce yourself. If you want. Or not. We don't really care.

Options
robyn9833
robyn9833 Posts: 27 Member
Hi. I'm Robyn. I'm grumpy as hell that I need something like this site to get me moving in the direction my blood sugar is sending me. I'm a type 2 diabetic who had really good control until, I swear, I finished the 'change' (except hot flashes. what is up with those continuing?!?!) when my BGL went nuts.

So I am here to get that back into control.

I hope you're all as grumpy as I am.

Robyn

Replies

• robyn9833
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear all this, Deb. That does sound like a lot!

If it helps you to not be grumpy, then great! I am trying to use my grumpiness to inspire me to eat better and move more and that kind of stuff!
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Tina. I'm grumpy too. 54 years old and just hit the change. I am with you @robyn9833 with the hot flashes. I thought they were suppose to end after the change! I've had two this morning and I do not like them at all! I am also using this site for health reasons beyond weight. I've noticed my cholesterol and BP inching up with the weight. So I am trying not only to watch calories, but the quality of food I'm eating. Need to get those numbers under control. I like being medication free and hope to stay that way as long as possible, but restrictions really make me grumpy. I like my sodium and am not happy about cutting back on it. Oh well. I wish you all luck in your health journey. I am finding since starting back on MFP that the interaction with others in similar situations has helped encourage and motivate me.
  • Cydney0710
    Cydney0710 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I’m Cydney. Also 52 and not loving the ‘power surges’! Lack of sleep makes me super grumpy!
  • dleyba48
    dleyba48 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello I’m Dana
    It not been the most pleasant journey. I’ve been at my highest weight 520, now i’m still 384 and miserable bc i’ve not been doing well so yeah u can say i’m grumpy and pissed as well! Post menopausal ofc and have been for a while about 6+ years and i’m only 49!
    I would like to provide support and receive it as well. Good luck to you all!
    Dana
  • robyn9833
    Options
    Welcome new people!

I am especially grumpy today because I think my brand new blood metre is broken and I’m in the UK and the only place to get testing solution for it is the US so I’m waiting for it to arrive!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 58 and often grumpy asci have constant back pain whenever I seem to do anything todays duevto playing with the grandchildren.
    I aim to lose a stone but herevi am again sitting with a hot water bottle instead of exercising.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Hello.
    I am 61. Recently diagnosed with diabetes.
    I also have a balance disorder that doctor’s most don’t care enough about me to diagnose. That sounds harsh. But it’s true. And the dismissive and ablist doctors attitude towards me contributed to my diabetes because even when I said I was having worsening symptoms I got called a hypochondriac and kicked out of my neurologist’s office.
    In Dec 2019. Which led me to not wanting to see another doctor ever.
    I spent 2020 getting worse and worse. Feeling like absolute trash.

Anyhow. I’ll skip the long rant.

My starting weight was 265ish. My current weight is 210.5, six months after the diabetes diagnosis.

I am extremely grumpy.

And very grumpy about some people in the main forums who think they know everything, and are very free with that “disagree” button. I don’t think I can say more without violating terms of service. But some people know it all, and are nasty to anyone who says there are other factors besides CICO, even when someone acknowledges CICO is a key part of the process.

Lucky kittens. Life is so easy for their able, fit bodies. Must be nice.
  • robyn9833
    Options
    CICO?
  • TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    robyn9833 wrote: »
    CICO?

Calories In Calories Out
  • robyn9833
    Options
    Ah thank you! Never heard that one!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    robyn9833 wrote: »
    Ah thank you! Never heard that one!

You’ll hear it a great deal on the main forums.

And it is true. It is the basic building block of weight management, either loss, gain, or maintenance.

But…. Eating disorders, thyroids, psych meds, disability, family and friends who are either supportive or otherwise.. on and on…. Different for each individual.
    And it all needs to be addressed along with the CICO mantra. Especially for those who have more than about thirty pounds to lose.

Something got me to 275, along with the calories. And I absolutely needed to address those things too.
  • robyn9833
    Options
    I've heard the idea, I've just never 'heard' the acronym. My mantra is actually "Eat less. Move more. Gain control!"
  • thatminivanlife
    thatminivanlife Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm officially too young to join (you are welcome to be grumpy about that), but I'm now in perimenopause (probably, but apparently one can only know that in hindsight, so I'm working on assumptions). I'm hoping I can see what I have to look forward to. I recently read The Menopause Manifesto, and it actually made me less grumpy about the changes that my body is going through. But I'm not sure how I feel about that.
  • minicooper452
    minicooper452 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I really NEED this group, if for nothing else but the HUMOR of the title! THANK YOU!

I'm minicooper452 aka Carla (in the real world), transplant from SP, trying to get a handle on this site. So far doing much better at tracking my food than I ever did at SP, so that's a plus. I'm truthfully a very positive person, but I've been very grumpy for the last 18 months. GEE, wonder why?!? 61 years old, arthritis in my knees that make it very difficult to do any meaningful exercise, but "too much cartilage" for any knee replacement. Lucky me. For better or worse, I work from home, on a computer ALL DAY LONG! (but technically only 9.5 months of the year, for the local school district) But I'm on the computer daily for other reasons too. Also quite grumpy about the state of affairs in the world and various other things.
  • robyn9833
    Options
    Hi new members! Sorry I've not been around much.

My step-mother died suddenly last week, she didn't answer the door for her respite worker so she could go play bridge (she was my dad's carer; he has dementia) so my sister and the police were called and she was dead on the sofa.

Today is a hearing via Zoom to appoint my sister as his guardian. I am in Northern Ireland, they are in Ohio!
    It's been quiet a cruddy week all in all!
  • Gwendolynn72
    Gwendolynn72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Okay. I'm late. I couldn't figure out where to find the group on the app. But anyways I'm only 49 in perimenopause. Though I'm not where you're at yet these symptoms are controlling my life. Constant weight gain. Continuous flow. Random and even in the most inconvenient times. Migraines, Nausea, extreme Fatigue so bad I don't know how I got to work... And as I see from your posts there is no rewards after it ends. It's lovely to be a woman. Lol. What exactly do men get again🤔🤣
    I'm grateful for you ladies, I see I still have much to learn 😊