Say Hi! Introduce yourselves. 🥰

ssurvivor
ssurvivor Posts: 142 Member
Please introduce yourself:

✅ What do you want to be called (username or something else)?

✅ Where are you from (continent, country, province/state, however specific you want)?

✅ Why do you use MFP?

✅ What brought you to this group?

✅ Anything else you’d like to share?

Replies

• ssurvivor
    Hi, I’m J!

I’m from the US (west coast).

I use MFP because, as a vegan, I need to monitor key nutrients, particularly those that are most frequently found in animal products.

I started this group because, as an ED warrior, the strict culture attitudes I often see in the community is overwhelming. For example, I’ve occasionally asked for advice where the responses were dangerously close to some of the techniques I used when my ED was active. And I don’t want to appear ungrateful, but like wine to an alcoholic, strict diet culture behaviors can trigger my ED. Though I’ve been in recovery for a long time, I know there’s a very short line from weighing my portions to scrolling through pro-Ana sites for the caloric value of toothpaste.

I really hope others can join me! 🥰
  • msnyder10
    msnyder10 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi my name is Maura.
    I'm from Nevada.
    I'm here because I need to track so I can recognize what I am doing (good and unhealthy). I recently admitted to myself that I am a food addict and I need accountability while still trying to navigate what that even means for me.

I'm excited to be in a space where diet culture is not at the forefront of everyone's mindset. It is very triggering.

Thanks!
  • ssurvivor
    Welcome Maura! Hopefully, this group can grow into a space for positive, responsible accountability. 🥰