Chit Chat

Options
franniedid
franniedid Posts: 98 Member
I just wanted a place where we could still chat with each other. That was a huge benefit for me! I just posted the last Indigo Report Card for the BLC on SparkPeople. Such a sad thing!

Replies

• Dianedoessmiles1
    Dianedoessmiles1 Posts: 12,252 Member
    Options
    HI Frannie, why not continue on? I am here because on the 5% we are going to and also the BLC is. I've heard they are pretty much set up. Will the BL do the same?
  • MRreLADY
    MRreLADY Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    BLC Registration Team is indeed on MFP and ready to go. Registration for Fall Challenge in progress now for anyone interested. @franniedid - there have been some pitfalls and stumbles, learning how to navigate the site. The team page was set up as a demo to try to work things out; chat threads were there, and some practicing going on. I guess it’s been 2-3 weeks that the Admin said it was fully functional. If this BL wants to reinvent here, I’m not sure you could do it for a Fall Challenge. Maybe Winter could work?
  • DawnGW26
    DawnGW26 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! Nice to see you here!
  • raceydog514
    raceydog514 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I going to Spark until the end but happy we have place to continue to share our journey to our goals . Was Sparkfran now raceydog4086 have a great hump day
  • pontond
    pontond Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Nice to see you here.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @raceydog514 Fran, I might even stay on Monday night til to see if it goes dark at 12 AM. I am really not sure. Part of me says HAVE A PARTY WITH all who want to be on at that time, but with various time zones, that'd not work as well. Remember Y2K? I was in a chatroom on AOL,, those who were scared had signed off. The rest of us, waited to see what would happen. Of course all was well. So we broke out in laughter.
  • raceydog514
    Options
    it will go dark at 8 am Eastern time
  • franniedid
    Options
    I am so sad, SparkPeople is no more! I just didn't think it would bother me this much. I do love that many of you are here, but it will take some getting used to. Change is hard!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    Frannie want to join us on the Fall 5% Challenge? And anyone too. With over 330 members 99% of us from Sparks, it still has the same SPARK support system. You'll know some because I do from the BL and the Indigo team. They complimented each other very well.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    Here's the link if anyone would like to join us:

Just copy and paste it

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141226-2021-fall-5-challenge-community
  • raceydog514
    Options
    still struggling to find my around and set up my ticker have no idea what they mean pick your code and cut and paste how do you know which one to pick and where do you paste i did not see and directions i sure miss Spark.
  • EclipsedAgain
    EclipsedAgain Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow Indigos! I’m beginning to get the hang of this site. Tracking isn’t too complicated, but my water is somehow connected to my fitbit too. That didn’t happen at spark. Speaking of, I can’t believe how my email has dried up. I didn’t realize how much spark mail I received! I miss the notifications but am glad I don’t have to address all of it anymore!

I hope everyone is doing well and is finding their way around here. I am tracking on the new spark too and the water tracking is a bit ridiculous, but the food tracker is ok.
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @raceydog514 , I'm lost on how to put a pic into my blog. But I use my app for pics on my page, which goes out to those I've friended, and that's pretty easy.

@EclipsedAgain ,,, LOL DITTO and ahhhh I AM ENJOYING THIS for the moment. Only because it gives me more time to get used to mpf, though I must say its so much easier now that I understand most of it. But on the 5% We'll be starting our challenge in Sept so it'll pick up again.
  • EclipsedAgain
    Options
    @Dianedoessmiles1
    I just joined the 5% challenge, will they contact me or do I have to keep checking the page for info? I hate being a rookie LOL, thanks!
  • Dianedoessmiles1
    Options
    @EclipsedAgain , I'd keep checking in daily just to be sure. You'd not want to miss your invite to your team. WOOHOO!! It's going to be so much FUN!!! We've GOT THIS!! Others you may join if you'd like. It's the 2021 Fall 5% Challenge if you'd like just copy and paste the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141226-2021-fall-5-challenge-community
  • raceydog514
    Options
    Still lost at times around here but need to keep searching and looking for the blogs of friends . have a great day
  • franniedid
    Options
    I am still trying to find my way around. I am trying very hard not to compare but I do miss Spark so much. I didn't think I would be this sad about it, but I logged in one last time and really did feel very sad. I guess you can't have something be that big a part of your life and then it's gone just like that without feeling something.

@EclipsedAgain I am going to try signing up for the 5% Challenge, I do need something.
  • EclipsedAgain
    Options
    @franniedid I'm still waiting (impatiently) for something to begin! I signed up for the 5% and the BLC and haven't heard anything from anyone. I check the pages daily and I can't even find a start date. In the meantime, I've started lifting again and walking. I'm so afraid to run or get my heart rate too high. I know it's probably all in my head, but after that scare I had, I'm cautious now.
    I understand about missing spark. I've found a couple old spark friends here and there (facebook, fitbit and here) but not one of them is even close to what spark was. Now I'm hearing that the new spark is changing again, looks like the corporate money got to them. I don't even think they realize what they had with the old spark. They think people want a health site that is corporation sponsored. Sorry for the rant but I'm so mad over it!

Does anyone know why my weight lifting doesn't show up when I add it as exercise? My short walks always show on my lifting days and it looks like I do nothing LOL
  • franniedid
    Options
    @EclipsedAgain wish I could help, I just don't know enough about how the site works.

I think the BLC said something about notifying people the middle of September. But the 5% team still doesn't have a date.
  • pontond
    pontond Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    I have been getting blogs from my friends so blogs come in fine. I am also wondering when the 5% will begin.