August 28

Options
13»

Replies

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,244 Member
    Options
    @seilidhe - so happy for your birthday/theatre celebration. I particularly liked the part where you said you laughed and laughed. I have a smile on my face just thinking about it.

@bradkcrew - we need 10k details! Or did I just miss that?

@TerriRichardson112 - what fun! What kind of boat do you have?
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Options

~ ~ ~ 8/28/2021~ ~ ~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 190 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS.......... 27,400+ ........ 160 m Walking .... 30 m house cleaning .....

Hubby and I Enjoyed an Early day at the FAIR. (8 a.m. to 1 ish)...We had lots of Fun.... Hubby Ate Lots of Food.....
    Me not so much... 1/2 fat Bacon and 1/2 Pretzel with fresh Lemonade... My treats were jewelry ...
    I got in LOTS of walking... My Annual Fav is seeing all the Precious Annimals...

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-24-25-26-27-28

• thabit11
    thabit11 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    August 28

Yes to all questions.
    Pass days: 0
    Calories to burn: 33,110.

Congratulations @biketheworld such amazing day! And you did amazing too on health wise 👍👍👍🥰🥰🥰🎉🎉🎉.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,006 Member
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    Still in Paris, but catching the Eurostar to London this morning! Did a day's work in Paris yesterday, but managed to get to the theatre, had a nice meal, so all in all I was way over calories. I did clock up some 55 - 60 minutes walking though! Logged most of it, but had to guesstimate some.
    Excited to see my kids today, after 20 months!
    Posted on wrong day, yesterday, but now on Eurostar!

Oh @chinkiri!! I’m SO glad you get to see your kids!
    ❤️❤️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @RangerRickL
    Sorry to hear of the passing of someone you care about. 🤗
    Your Friend,
    Maddie
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Aug 28
    ❌❌✅❤️
    Smoke kept me indoors so I didn’t get my 10K steps for the 2nd time (colonoscopy) this year.

Ate the last of the Graham crackers. Yes I thought of trashing them & wetting them & having my husband hide them and meter them out to me.calories over

The pull was too strong.

But why Graham crackers, I asked myself?

1laotcd8s6ce.jpeg

I had read this label before purchasing (when I thought I’d eat 1 serving, not 4.5 servings (or more) a day.) Yep, not beating myself up - just learning & forging ahead.

130x4.5= 585 calories⚠️
    8x4.5= 36gms sugar & honey (tricky people)⚠️
    130x4.5= 585 grams sodium⚠️
    3x4.5= 13.5 grams fat, 0 sat fat

So, if I add the Creamy/Crunchy⚠️ 4th factor

They were a Triple Threat for me. I had thought they had less sugar & less salt & had forgotten the creamy/crunchy impact. I loved loved loved the crispy snap much more than the taste, I realized.

Remembering why I don’t eat crackers or cookies…

Tracked all
    Slept great - 2 week streak now (a miracle) = Bliss

0️⃣Pass Days left
    3️⃣ to go
    Redoubling my efforts. It will be a tough 3 days to turn it around, but I’m now in the right mindset.

❤️
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @bradkcrew awesome job on the 10k!! I agree with biketheworld ...... we need details!! :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,131 Member
    Options
    @Chinkiri <> Safe home. I'm sure you and your kids will be stoked to see each other again.
    @biketheworld <> It's just a small motorboat.

Yay!!! For 3 x yes:
    @Bovaryoo
    @znaoiec
    @Anya_000
    @Winner_in_Life
    @DebyS137 <> 😍 The fun at the fair
    @thabit11

@Geneveremfp <> Hopefully you can still make Champion
    @MadisonMolly2017 <> You can do this. It's only 2 days to go.

We're almost through August people. Keep on keeping on.

I will pick up the last of the time zone Saturday crowd tomorrow.

• bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    @bradkcrew I know it may sound crazy, but save for the paces of competitive athletes, most people can actually net a faster overall pace for long distance running by doing a mix of running and walking and take a lighter toll on their bodies. Check out the Galloway Method for info if you are interested. Many will scoff at it, but the results are indisputable. I understand about wanting to run the whole way. That was me at one time too. It took half marathons for me to finally settle for allowing walking for parts of the run (as minimal as required to make it). If I could do it all over again, I would probably choose walk/run over trying to work up to running the full way. I was never fast enough to warrant pushing myself that hard, and would have likely been faster overall if I had strategically done a run/walk method.

@WhatMeRunning Thank you. I appreciate all of your advice. I am trying to prepare myself for the very real likelihood that I won't be able to run the whole 15k, and to find a way to accept that without feeling like a failure. I know how far I have come and how hard I am working, so however it turns out I think I will be okay with it. In the meantime my son convinced me to do a 10k race this coming Sunday. This is mania, lol.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,811 Member
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 live and learn. Evidently those crackers and cookies are a non negotiable item. I have things like that I just don't buy because I cannot moderate. But even tho they are more pricey you don't have to punish yourself by going without. Look in the store at those graham 100 cal packs. I like the nature valley bars for a snack in the afternoon. Satisfying crunch and a box has 4 servings only. I think it was an important step and experiment to NOT throw them away after the first episode. I detest that behaviour in myself also so am trying to learn how to cope.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Full calendar available on AUG312021 post. Here's today's late entry

---|---|---|---
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | Walking 'n errands (52) TOTAL: 52
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | Base
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES |
    ---|---|---|---

Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? NO | 16%
    Pass Days Used: (AUG06)(AUG16)(AUG22)
  • tdrjustus3
    tdrjustus3 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Yes x3
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options