Introduce yourself to the 50+ pounds to lose community!

Options
12346»

Replies

• glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I'm back after a very long break. The holidays did me in and couldn't recover with the endless stream of injuries since January. Not a great excuse for falling off the wagon, but it's all I got. Currently trying to heal a sprained ankle..... I am progressing albeit slow. Not stepping on scale or wearing Fitbit for now, no need to depress myself anymore. Anyone one here have experience in ankle sprains? This is my first major one.

I ripped all the tendons in my ankle as a child which makes me prone to rolling the joint and spraining it. RICE is the best thing really. Rest, ice, compression and elevation. When you get back to exercising ankle wraps are an invaluable tool to help hold the ankle joint while you work on getting the strength back. Good luck hon because sadly these things will heal when they want to heal. :smile:
  • heidinoel820
    heidinoel820 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Heidi. I live in Indiana. I have 80 pounds to lose (10 down so far), and I have PCOS that makes it very difficult to lose weight. I have lost this weight before, but each time it comes back with friends. A few months ago, I was at my all time high weight. My husband and I are trying to conceive, and I hope that losing weight will help and also get my body healthier for a healthier pregnancy.
  • melb9999
    melb9999 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Melissa! I started out after going to the doctors last year and I weighed 204lbs (I'm 5'3). I am now down to about 187lbs and still have about 50ish more pounds to go! I'm ready to be healthy and fit! Add me if you'd like! :)
  • s3rend1p1ty
    s3rend1p1ty Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jennifer, and I live life in Oklahoma. I am currently 200lbs. standing 5'2. I am actively taking myself seriously through accountibilty and acceptance. My goal is to lose 50 lbs within the next year. I am learning more about the LCHP foodstyle. It has been about two weeks since beginning this journey, and I am enjoying the wonderful inspiration and support the fellow MFPers offer. If you would like to join me, please add.
  • well_insulated
    well_insulated Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Maria, I live in France. I've tried to use MFP already once to loose weight, but didn't keep up and stopped after some stressful weeks at work that lead to overeating and additional kilos. Today is my all time highest weight.
    Well, since I've grown into the size that I really don't feel happy with, this time my weight loss must be taken more seriously :smile: Good luck everyone!

Today my weight is 78kg (171 lbs) at height 1.63n (5'2)
    Goal weight is 53kg (116 lbs) with projected loss 1kg/week

Feel free to add me as friend! I'll be happy to chat
  • KWebb84MFP
    KWebb84MFP Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey there, everyone! My diary settings are public. My profile pic is my current weight. I'm recommitting myself fully to fitness after half-assing it for a while. 236.2 lbs and 32 years old. Shooting to loose 10% weight by June 19th (six months from today), so my goal is 212.6. Hopefully I can lose more, but I'm trying to keep my goals manageable and even small victories have proven difficult recently. I "know" how to do this (I was 150 at my smallest, just 5 years ago), but I need your help. My husband is on board after a health scare. Please friend me and lets hold each other accountable, do challenges, etc.! :smile:
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Gabbee . Heavy most of my life. Taught at an early age food was comfort & love, hence an emotional eater. Member of the clean plate club no food goes to waste. Majority of the family is obese with health issues, high blood pressure, diabetes, food allergies, migraines, lupus, to name a few. I want to break the chain of obesity, & live a healthy life. Setting a goal of 2 pounds a week to reach goal weight of 125 pounds. Looking for positive support friends thru this journey.
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I am on my second day of exercise and support here, but I've been tracking my food and eating well over a week now.

I'm with you all on needing motivation.

On the exercise front, if you are new and out of shape, I recommend Leslie Sansone DVD's. You get a good workout and it not high impact aerobics that are too difficult for the beginner. She does have some that are fast, but I find the 30 Minute Burn is perfect for starting and a low amount of time to begin with. It has a 30 Minute Firm with it and you can progress up to doing them both together as you get more used to it and limber.

There is also a Leslie Sansone Walk off the Pounds chat board on here! We set a number of miles we want to reach at the beginning of every month and check in with our current total. I just joined it this month.

I did well on my walking yesterday and food. Still trying to increase my water more and more.

Friend me and we can help each other.

Karla
  • dpurdy11925
    dpurdy11925 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Danielle and I just jointed MFP. I have been really struggling with my weight for the past two years. I have knee and back injuries that limit my mobility but I am ready to make positive healthy changes in my life. While I know that losing 50 lbs is too overwhelming to my right now I am going to focus on losing 5lbs at a time. I am in need of friends and motivation. Please feel free to add me. I will post everyday in some form or fashion. I want to make this a lifestyle change not a short term goal.
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Struggle with being over weight most my life. Looking to make lifestyle changes, replace bad eating habits with better choices, to move more (baby steps), & enjoy all that life has to offer. Tired of weight gain getting in the way of my happiness. Would love to have friends who understand this struggle, will encourage, support, offer tips, suggestions without judgement. Taught at an early age food was comfort & love, hence an emotional eater. Member of the clean plate club no food goes to waste. Majority of the family is obese with health issues, high blood pressure, diabetes, food allergies, migraines, lupus, to name a few. I want to break the chain of obesity, & live a healthy life. Setting a goal of 2 pounds a week to reach goal weight of 125 pounds. Looking for positive support friends thru this journey. Was on MFP for a while left & now returning many of friends in past no longer active. Add me if you like
  • cincisk8r
    cincisk8r Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm back and feel like I am on the walk on shame of regain after my total knee replacement. Self esteem really low right now could use some new encouraging friends
  • newlook1972
    newlook1972 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Matt here. I'm almost 49. My weight has flucuated greatly over the years. Been as heavy as 300 and as light as 195. In the last year I went from 217 to the 262 I am now. I feel lousy mentally and physically. Looking for friends in the same boat. Looking for friends who want help with motivation and accountability. I know from the past that the journey is tough but can be a lot of fun.