TEAM: Flab-U-Less (September)

AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,388 Member
    Hello everyone! My name is Annie. I'm a mom to my beautiful 16 year old daughter. I enjoy walking, dancing, reading, doing Arts and crafts. I'm ready to lose weight and get healthy. Have a great day!
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Hi my name is Wanda, and am excited to be here again.
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,388 Member
    Hi. My name is Annie and I am happy to be here.
  • AB0215
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges this month: Daily Posts.

First and foremost is that participation in this challenge is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

**A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.**

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    AB0215 (username)
    Week 1 (which week it is)
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    I posted this in the wrong thread yesterday, thinking August had another week.

TypingToaster
    Saturday, August 28th
    Previous Weight: 343 (August 22nd)
    Current Weight: 338.6

Lost 4.4 pounds and 1.28% of my weight this week. My goal weight for next week is 337.3
  • Augos
    Augos Posts: 67 Member
    I'm here for another great month :) Hello everyone, new and old!

I'm joining the MUAC as last time.

Daily Post (Sunday, 29th of August)

Logged food: yes
    Under calories: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Goals/Day/Comments: 9k steps, 15 minutes on exercise bike. Last week had an entirely different schedule for me, so some of my exercise couldn't happen because of that. So my main daily goal is to restore my previous schedule and keep my exercise bike times at around 30 minutes. I'm more than satisfied with everything else. Eating well under calorie goal and doing 15k steps per day on average, but on most days I got 0 minutes on exercise bike last week.
  • AB0215
    I posted this in the wrong thread yesterday, thinking August had another week.

TypingToaster
    Saturday, August 28th
    Previous Weight: 343 (August 22nd)
    Current Weight: 338.6

Lost 4.4 pounds and 1.28% of my weight this week. My goal weight for next week is 337.3

@TypingToaster Actually I think you were right but it was recorded wrong due to being off a week. At any rate, you did great last week, take that momentum into this week.
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    edited August 2021
    I had an awkward weekend, will start back posting tonight for Both aug/sept check in and MUAC. ☺️
  • dheliason
    dheliason Posts: 316 Member
    dheliason
    September week 1
    Monday
    PW: 153.1
    CW: 154.5

Not a good start!!
  • Augos
    Augos
    Week 1, Monday
    PW: 283.0
    CW: 276.8 (-6.2 lbs)

Well, I wasn't expecting my loss to stay the same or even increase last week, but it did. I ate outside on all days, so I thought by not eating dinners, I'd level it out. My goal for August was 282 lbs, which I achieved (from 302). So my goal for this month is 262 lbs. At 260 I plan to slow the pace down to about 3 pounds per week and to 2 pounds around 240. Will see how that goes.

I think I'm getting too used to eating little, so if lots is happening, I even miss meals and wont have any hunger to remind me of it. Would've been unheard of a year ago for me, quite weird how you can go from constantly overeating to not even thinking about food anymore. Wouldn't want to go from one opposite to another though, so gotta keep an eye on that.
  • wander216
    wander216 Posts: 90 Member
    Wander216
    Week 1 Sunday
    Pw 178
    Cw 177
  • Augos
    Daily Post (Monday, 30th of August)

Goals/Day/Comments:10k steps, 30 minutes on exercise bike
  • jennipooh82
    Hello everyone!
    I’m a little late posting today- better late than never 🥰

Username: jennipooh82
    Weigh in week: Aug 30, week 5- last week in Aug
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 192.6
    Todays weight: 191.4
  • jennipooh82
    MUAC accountability check in
    Checking in on: 8/30/21 Monday evening
    Logged food:yes
    Exercise: yes; did a 1.8 mile walk
  • girlfacedolly
    girlfacedolly Posts: 39 Member
    Username: girlfacedolly
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: mon
    Previous Weight: 166.5
    Today's Weight: 165.5
  • WA_Teacher
    WA_Teacher Posts: 1,042 Member
    WA_Teacher
    Previous Weight: 232
    Current Weight: 233.5
  • Augos
    Daily Post (Tuesday, 31st of August)

Goals/Day/Comments: 11k steps, 30 minutes on exercise bike. Third day of my usual training schedule. Seems to be working, nothing out of ordinary compared to the usual
  • jennipooh82
    MUAC accountability check in
    Checking in on: 8/31/21 Tuesday evening
    Logged food:yes
    Under calories: no
    Exercise: yes and no. I was on the go all day but no real excessive per se- walking in stores and to and from appointments.
  • manjeerareddyp
    manjeerareddyp Posts: 39 Member
    Username: manjeerareddyp
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Previous Weight: 154
    Today's Weight: 152
  • manjeerareddyp
    manjeerareddyp Posts: 39 Member
    Daily Post (Tuesday, 8/31/2021)

Under calories: no

Goals/Day/Comments: 7 miles run on thread mill, 1 mile walk on outside trails. Few stretching exercises. Didn't follow diet. Ate sugars and white bread.
This discussion has been closed.