August 31

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    bradkcrew wrote: »
    As August comes to an end I would like to thank everyone that contributes to this challenge, and especially voice my appreciation to all that have offered advice, encouragement, motivation, support, and a pat on the back!! <3

@Mrs_Hoffer @biketheworld @WhatMeRunning @MadisonMolly2017 @Healthymumlife @clutterqueen @thabit @lesdarts180 @TerriRichardson112 @SummerSkier @readyornot1234 @ashleycarole86 @znaoiec @MaltedTea @SModa61 @jamcnewman @donna25trinity

See you all in September! :)

How nice! Thank you @bradkcrew !
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,055 Member
    Options
    August 31

I can’t believe it is September tomorrow! Thinking about my goals for month 2 on MFP and my second UAC. For August, it was simple: learn how to measure, track, make good choices, make a habit of moving every day, and keep optimistic. Whew!

For today: ✅✅✅
    We just had the most incredible hail/thunder storm. I am dreading the review of my garden in the morning and the clean up 😭

7ypdvm61uoy3.jpeg
    a75up6wfktcb.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    • Treadmill: 37 mins / 2.22 mi
    Passes used: 3/3
    Apple rings closed: 31/31
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,726 Member
    Options
    Pass day again.
    I'm on holiday with my daughter and her two children. We've been walking, cycling, swimming, having a great time. I'm not trying to track meals but I am being mindful of what I'm eating.
    My granddaughter is coeliac and yesterday we had a great afternoon tea with all gluten free treats. So I had pastry and cakes, much more than usual. It's a real treat for her as she often has to make do with a poor choice of food when they're out.

Looking forward to seeing you all in September.
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Aug 31

Exercise: 35 minutes stationary bike, 30 minutes elliptical, 55 minute stretching and PT exercises

Tracking: yes
    Calories: under

Pass days: 10
  • Bovaryoo
    Bovaryoo Posts: 1,374 Member
    Options
    Exercise: 20 min arms strength
    Calories: Yes
    Tracked: Yes

Looking forward to starting a new strength program/challenge for September. Plus, towards the end of the month I begin a cycling training program that I've done 2x before and seen a lot of gains with. The month will also see school starting back up and it will be nice to see everyone again!
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes
    Walking, 10 min HIIT and push-ups

@bradkcrew Thanks back to you too. You keep me going forward! :)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    bradkcrew wrote: »
    As August comes to an end I would like to thank everyone that contributes to this challenge, and especially voice my appreciation to all that have offered advice, encouragement, motivation, support, and a pat on the back!! <3

@Mrs_Hoffer @biketheworld @WhatMeRunning @MadisonMolly2017 @Healthymumlife @clutterqueen @thabit @lesdarts180 @TerriRichardson112 @SummerSkier @readyornot1234 @ashleycarole86 @znaoiec @MaltedTea @SModa61 @jamcnewman @donna25trinity

See you all in September! :)

Thank YOU @bradkcrew !! We're glad to have you as a part of our little group, and looking forward to great things in September!! (AND your 15k!!) :)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    @jamcnewman sorry you had to deal with hail. Weather across the country has been truly wild this month. Precipitation in the form of fog, smog, hail, rain AND humidity?! Oy vay.

Sorry I have been SO incognito because beyond Canadian weather, life has been (ultimately pleasantly) wild the past few weeks. And September will require some bracing too.

Legend has it: if one logs their month's progress before midnight, local time, they can still make the Winner's Circle 😬

So here I am with 7 minutes to spare...
    Short Story: I finished all 10,000 swings yesterday
    Good news: See above
    Bad news: I didn't break any PRs but I almost broke my back. I blame this on the aforementioned humidity, which only went away this past Sunday.

a4mau0qb7sjr.jpg

---|---|---|---
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES | Run (35) TOTAL: 35
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES | Base + 200
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES |
    ---|---|---|---

Bonus: Did I meet my protein macro for the day (40%)? NO | 20%
    Pass Days Used: (AUG06)(AUG16)(AUG22)

@MaltedTea you were missed by ALL!! ;) but we're so glad that you were able to eek in under the midnight deadline!! Lol. :lol: On another note, your workouts are always so inspiring!! Huge Kudos to you!!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    @jamcnewman - wow that’s a lot of hail. Is that a shredded umbrella in the picture? Hope your garden survived.

@lesdarts180 - so glad you’re having such a sweet time with your family. You deserve it.

• readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    It sounds like many had a good August goal wise despite all that is happening around us. I am learning that I can control some things like what I eat and staying active and that is helping me to not feel so overwhelmed in other areas.

No winner’s circle but I am still here and weight is back on a downward trend. I feel like my momentum is coming back.

Tuesday, August 31

Tracking: Yes
    Calories: over but not by too much and I didn’t want to use exercise calories
    Exercise: Yes, full body warm up 10 min, core 10 min, lift upper body 20 min, arms & light weights 10 min, full body stretch 10 min

Pass days to date - 8
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,457 Member
    Options

~~~8 /31/2021~~~ Waving Hi ~~ 🧚🏼 ~~ BLESSings ALLways ~~ 💖 ~~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 190 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS.......... 26,100+ ........160 m Walking .... 30 m house cleaning .....

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-24-25-26-27-28-29-30-31 = ✅

overview of Month = August was definitely good to me = lost only -4 lbs -BUT- non-Scale Success = I dropped a Size & Feel Great!
    Back to more than my usual Walking routines - LOTS of Energy - less pain - (walking helps lower my arthritis paind)
    Most importantly... my Sugar and Starchy Cravings are almost NIL - I am NOT tempted when hubby eat his goodies
    He has been Awesome not eating in front of me

~ GOOD ~ BYE ~ August ~ ~ WELCOME ~ SEPTEMBER ~ Wishing Everyone ALL the Best And Much SUCCESS in September