Replies

• readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @mshawski - be well and take care.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,107 Member
    Options
    @mshawski So glad the news was not the risk that deep vein would cause, but at the same time so sorry for the discomfort and inconvenience that the diagnosis will cause. Thinking of you — be kind to yourself as you wait some of this out.

And thank you for alerting me to ThredUP. I had never heard of this wonderful concept! I am glad you have chosen some sweet size 10s.

Julie
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,475 Member
    Options

~~~9 / 10 /2021~~~ Waving Hi ~~ 🧚🏼 ~~ BLESSings ALLways ~~ 💖 ~~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 210 + min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 29,200 + ........180 m Walking .... 30 m house cleaning .....

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,107 Member
    Options
    @Anya_000 I am sorry for your loss. And I am very glad you are here. Wishing you a very good weekend. 💛
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,033 Member
    Options
    Excellent opening topic @MadisonMolly2017

Failing is not the end. We are all humans and will fail. Weights are not a straight line . Therefore, forgiving myself is very important. This is a life journey I am learning to enjoy.

I have been on maintenance for the pass 11years and going back to that "before or starting weight" is not an option. Throwing caution to the wind is not an option. I was a weight watcher lifetimer until I was not longer within distance of WW office to do a monthly weigh in. That was when I joined MFP and later found this group. Therefore, I am like a detective whenever my weight creep ups. I evaluate everything that led me to that point and tackle them one by one. Most of the time, it happens when I am on vacations, stressed, and celebrations. But over the years, I have learned how to manage myself in each of these occasions. It has made it easier to come back.

For vacations, I have learned to enjoy the activities of the vacation. If I have to eat a special meal, then I will plan for it. Sometime, I work on losing some weight before the vacation if possible.

For stress, I have found that if I can anticipate the issues that will stress me then I can manage myself. For example, deadlines I tend to snack a lot. Therefore, I buy lots of veggies, fruits and nuts. But I have learned too much nuts can affect me. That is why nuts is part of my accountability item.

For celebrations, same attitude as vacations. Enjoy the purpose of the celebrations.

Tracking and being in a group like this has really help!

Thank you @victorious55 ! You e pressed what I do, too! Congratulations!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Sept 10:
    ✅✅✅ Exercise today was a 40 minute walk this afternoon when my first massage client of the day failed to show up or call to cancel/reschedule her appointment. :( At least I got some steps out of it! Lol.

@mshawski Oh my! I hope things turn around for you soon! I'm glad that you've been able to find a small amount of happiness in the ThredUP clothing! Lol.

I've never been able to maintain my weight loss in the past. As soon as I reached my goal weight, I would go off my "diet" and the weight would creep back on. By then my motivation would also be gone, and I would just spiral out of control. Ugh. I've learned so much on my journey this time from people like @MadisonMolly2017 and @SummerSkier and others. I'm excited to have a "plan" this time around!! :heart:

Thank you @Mrs_Hoffer ! I anticipate amazing maintenance success for you!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Sept 10th
    Exercise - Yes, 20 min stretching plus 30 minute walk in the woods with my 5 year old, who actually kept up a reasonable pace
    Tracking - Planned the day and followed the plan until...

I was on my own with the kids as my wife away for the night, which is something that hasn't happened for a very long time due to COVID. I got the kids pizza and made myself a delicious salad. But they finished dinner quickly and I wanted to get them right to bed because I knew it would take longer with just me, so I didn't finish my salad. Then after I got them ready for bed I had to put away the leftover pizza (we always order a lot of pizza) and just got out of control nibbling the pizza. There is a reason my wife and I have arranged things so that's not usually my job.

Pass days 4/3!

I already have today planned out - I did that yesterday morning and did some food prep too because I knew I wouldn't have energy at night last night. So that was good.

Re: today's question - I think this challenge is the first time I've ever tried to really consistently do this thing every day. Otherwise in maintenance phase and in weight loss phase I kind of expect myself to do it only 80% of the time, and I just keep chugging along at that pace. Thus my name, slow and steady. So getting back on track after a slip up is not really a thing - I'm just mostly on track and sometimes not. After failing the challenge last night, I am kind of giving some thought to whether this kind of trying to do it every day is helping me or not. I think it is helping me identify what gets me off track. Ultimately I think that the goal of checking in every day is helping and reading everyone else's posts is definitely helping. But I think I may need to in my own mind stick to my ~80% goal and not try for every day, because I do find myself getting into a mindset of "oh, well, I failed and let's just give up," which I actually never have had before.

@Caroline_slowandsteady
    I agree with your last paragraph.
    In UAC, YOU determine your calorie goal.
    You can modify it daily. Recently, as I worked to take off 2lbs I regained, I have looked at weekly averages.
    Ditto when I could not walk more than around the closed house did to forest fire smoke, I looked at weekly average, adding more to the following walks.

Do what works for you!

🌸Maddie
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 - what a fabulous topic and advice. I think you could start your own podcast!

The responses were really interesting and I appreciate every one.

The difference for me this year, is simply not giving up when the scale stopped moving. Sometimes weight loss stalled because I was being stupid, sometimes it stalled for who knows why. But I keep coming back, I don’t give up, I celebrate that I’m not back where I started because normally that’s what happens. If not for this group and the other resources I’ve tapped into (like half size me, which I learned about here) I have a completely different outlook about the process.

This week, weight is falling off, everyday I’m a little shocked how much I’m down. This is after a couple months of stalling and frustration. Had I given up, I can guarantee you I would have gained everything back plus a few. “Transformation happens when you keep coming back when things are tough, not when things are easy.” That’s not an exact quote from Heather but it’s one that really stuck with me.
    yrc_pr wrote: »
    For myself, I learned that I don't need to take a break because eating healthy and exercising should be my normal and not the other way around;
    This was an eye opening moment for me. Learning that taking a break from dieting doesn’t mean going back to old habits, it means doing all the things you did to lose the weight, but just allowing yourself a few more healthy calories. I don’t know why that was such an “aha” moment for me, probably because in the past I thought it was one thing or the other 1) diet to lose weight 2) eat everything in sight. I still can’t claim to have this fully figured out, but I’m on my way.

Rode 52 miles yesterday, felt like 82. Hills hills and more hills. I was exhausted by the time I made it home. And a little discouraged. I was hoping to participate in a 100 mile ride in a couple weeks but now am questioning whether I can pull that off or not.

@biketheworld
    Thank you! Huge compliment 💕
    Who knows what might happen!!

Having done 100-milers, I remember the ride after a tough training ride was always Amazing. It’s like the large weight loss the day after we have to fight to stay on track!

I think you can do the 100-miler!!

🌸Madfie
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    znaoiec wrote: »
    Yes, yes and yes
    Walking and HIIT

In response to the question, I think what is helpful for me is that my mindset has become that it is a journey not a destination. I go off course but use the tools that I have to right myself again. And I am kind to myself. When I look at my weight chart with all its spikes, I know that each spike tells a story whether good (vacation and loving times with family) or sadness and stress in my life.

@znaoiec
    I so relate to your entire post.