September 11

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• bradkcrew
    bradkcrew Posts: 1,509 Member
    Exercise: :) Weight circuit and 30 minute power walk. I was resting up for a 6 mile run tomorrow and now the forecast is rain and thunderstorms all day so I'm not sure what to do....

Tracking: :)

Calories: :) Unusually hungry right now though.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    edited September 2021
    @bradkcrew there is nothing wrong with being a fair weather runner. If you're training regularly though then you will eventually need a plan because eventually there will be extended periods of unfavorable weather in some form. Never run during an electrical storm, best advice is if there's lightning stay inside and run later or not at all (or find an indoor option). Use your best judgment otherwise, and ensure you have the right gear to run in inclement weather. Never wear cotton anything. A good pair of moisture wicking socks can help avoid blisters (I swear by Injinji toe socks, so hard to get blisters with those as not even the toes can rub together). Also ensure your thighs are protected from rubbing against each other using whatever means you find best to avoid a rash. Tight fitting clothes are best for wet running to avoid wet fabric repeatedly rubbing against skin. A running hat with a visor can be nice to keep rain off your face.