Post your coloring pics here for September

Both traditional and digital coloring pics can be posted.

Replies

• KRENTX
    KRENTX Posts: 1,309 Member
    Hey Becca! Maybe this group will get me off my duff and actually do something creative! Thanks for creating this space!
  • KRENTX
    edited September 2021
    fvfwboj9bvhj.jpg
    Does this count as coloring? I drew it and colored it with watercolor pencil. No reference photo. It was just in my head. I need to go try that link that makes photos smaller. These things are huge, lol.
  • KRENTX
    arost3rpih73.jpg
    Trying a smaller image. Hope this is better. Why can't we edit more than once? I need lots of second tries!
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 872 Member
    Wow! You are talented, and yes you can post your pics!
  • beccaboo1276414
    lw11sklse59s.png
  • beccaboo1276414
    bsnwy5wfes01.png
  • KRENTX
    OMG! These are beautiful! Both the drawings and the coloring. Is it digital? Tell me how it's done!
  • Anacorazon58
    Anacorazon58 Posts: 290 Member
    edited September 2021
    Wow! Both of you are something else. I just bought one of those Primary notebooks with half ruled (for elementary school) and half page blank to do a “Coloring Journal” with what impresses me most from my day. I don’t color since eons and I think it could be good for lower my cortisol.
    Enjoy!
  • beccaboo1276414
    KRENTX wrote: »
    OMG! These are beautiful! Both the drawings and the coloring. Is it digital? Tell me how it's done!

It's a coloring app called happy color. It's a color by number, and I do love their designs.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Wow! I just bought one of those Primary notebooks with half ruled (for elementary school) and half page blank to do a “Coloring Journal” with what impresses me most from my day. I don’t color since eons and I think it could be good for lower my cortisol.

I can't wait to see your work! I used to journal, and I made it part art journal and did collages.

Please post whatever artwork you do, and not just coloring. 💕

• ParsolPalette
    ParsolPalette Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! Everyone! My name is Shelisa Henley. You can call me Lisa. What do I need to do to get started?
    Greetings from Georgia.😇
  • beccaboo1276414
    Hi, Lisa! Do you have any coloring books or a digital coloring app? Feel free to use either or both and then post the pics you do here.

If you do any other artwork, please feel free to post it in this thread too. Welcome to the team!
  • KRENTX
    So Becca, I do draw and sometimes I add color with watercolor pencils like the one I posted above. But most of the time I add color with watercolors or acrylics using my paintbrush. Is that ok to post here?
  • beccaboo1276414
    K, yes please post your creations!
  • beccaboo1276414
    okdckaq9kshh.png
  • KRENTX
    Thanks, Becca! I really love these drawings! Do you do this on your phone or a laptop or pc?
  • KRENTX
    https://imageresizer.com/
    This is what I used to downsize my drawing. I reduced it to 30% but I think next time I'll use 50%. Just a little bigger than I ended up with will be just right I think.
  • ParsolPalette
    ParsolPalette Posts: 3 Member
    Hi! Everyone ! Thanks! You! For the welcome! I have to go and find a coloring
    Book. I don't have one nearly🌼.
  • KRENTX
    ucdgm9fute8j.jpg

Mixed media to color my drawing here. Pastel pencils and acrylics.
  • beccaboo1276414
    dsrkw2pq50j7.png
  • KRENTX
    Beautiful! The drawings are amazing and the color you added works perfectly!
  • KRENTX
    edited September 2021
    u6sgr2v86fpd.jpg

I make these on watercolor paper and then put them in a mat and send to relatives.
    Obviously I'm not a photographer. Most things are lopsided. It's relaxing to draw plants and use watercolors or watercolor pencils to color them!
  • beccaboo1276414
    Wow! I love it! 💕
  • KRENTX
    Thanks, Becca. Retirement gives me time to do such things for pleasure and relaxation. Sometimes it's almost like meditating, when it's very simple shapes.
  • mickirom
    mickirom Posts: 10 Member
    Hi! My name is Michele but everyone calls me Micki. Like the rest of you, I love to color but don't do it as often as I'd like. As I look at what is posted, I wonder if I belong here because it looks so beautiful and professional.

I have regular "coloring books" and use mostly gel pens and markers. My coloring is simple - I have no knowledge of shading etc., but I do really enjoy it. So if it's okay to post "3rd-grade coloring", I'd love to join and be here for fun and conversation other than "what I should eat" and how much I "should lose" or lost. :) So if I say pretty please, can I stay? ;)
  • KRENTX
    edited September 2021
    Hi Michele! Please post whatever you have! Something happens when you put a pen, pencil, marker or paintbrush in your hand. Your mind leaves behind the stress and worries of the moment and goes into such a calmer place. We all need that these days for sure!

That's why I'm so grateful for Becca opening this Coloring team!

And this, team members, is a bug! 'nuff said. :wink:

o6jwy4a8bwu7.jpg

• mickirom
    mickirom Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks, "Krentz" - do I call you "K"? I have no familiarity with groups or the discussion boards (which I only tried once - I find them scary! I found a "board" I liked and could never find it again! I also always seem to open to posts 5 years old! (laughing) In computer programs - I'm fine. But I fail at apps! LOL
    To put any of my colorings up - do I take a picture of it and post the picture? As I said, they are nothing special but as you said - they relax me and also make me forget things when something is bothering me! I'm looking forward to being in this group and seeing all the art! :smile:
    Micki
  • KRENTX
    edited September 2021
    Micki, you can call me Karen or Kren. I take a photo with my phone and upload it to my PC. I use my PC for MFP so I upload photos from the PC to here. If you are doing it all on your phone, yes, take a photo and upload it here. I began using https://imageresizer.com/ so the photo isn't so gigantic, but it doesn't really matter. That's just my personal preference when I post a photo. I guess I was so used to SP photos being too small, now it seems MFP photos are too large, lol.

Also, Micki, I invited you to join a small group I have that Becca is also part of. Old friends from SP. It's called Kren's Friends. You should get the invitation to join somewhere, lol. I'm new to MFP too, and not sure where to tell you to look. If you see a notice that you've been invited to join just follow the links I guess.
  • beccaboo1276414
    Welcome Micki! Glad you are here. Please feel free to post your pics! I may get back to traditional coloring too to post some pics. I don't do anything fancy either, and all are welcomed. One day, I hope to get back to drawing and painting like I did in my late teens and early 20s. Karen is helping me aspire to that. Right now, I just enjoy what I do!

Hope to see you in Karen's group! She created a great team.
  • beccaboo1276414
    I have no idea why my font is big!