This water thing!

Options
For my whole life I have been told to "drink an 8 oz glass of water before meals to curb hunger" it is so hard to change this mindset! I suppose after my surgery it will be easier since I won't be able to fit it in there! The things that are ingrained from, society I guess, are hard to stop thinking about as correct.

Replies

• spangadora
    spangadora Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Changing eating habits is probably the hardest thing. The way, not just the what. Like taking small bites and chewing them very very well... Waiting before adding more food into my mouth... Not drinking during meals. There are lists we all have of things that are a challenge and could be a challenge for the rest of our lives. But, we got this! All of us! :)
  • slowerbutqwik
    slowerbutqwik Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Awesomewow wrote: »
    For my whole life I have been told to "drink an 8 oz glass of water before meals to curb hunger" it is so hard to change this mindset! I suppose after my surgery it will be easier since I won't be able to fit it in there! The things that are ingrained from, society I guess, are hard to stop thinking about as correct.

Our whole relationship with food is so difficult to get used to. Waiting 30 minutes after eating is the hardest for me. I have always drank something during my meals, and sometimes you just have to wash it all down! Start building the healthy habits early. We're not perfect, but we can do this!