Pruvit and Ketones

Nibornomis
Nibornomis Posts: 10 Member
Hi all! I recently purchased the 10 day challenge box and full disclosure I definitely jump the gun. The product is tasty but super expensive as this company is an MLM organization.
I’m wondering if anyone out in my fitness pal land can suggest other alternatives to add to my water to increase ketones, clarify and mood. I’m open to any and all suggestions as well as comments and even criticisms. :-) Knowledge is power and I appreciate each and everyone of you. 😊

Replies

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    I personally find those types of products to just be expensive pee. Your body knows how to create Ketones and utilize them, there is not any real benefit to exogenous ketones if you aren't doing the work for your body to create it's own.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    I agree with the above. But can we also address one more thing. If you need exogenous ketones to feel good on the ketogenic diet, than you likely shouldn't follow the ketogenic diet. Of course you should focus on whole foods, adding salt and consuming adequate levels of sodium and magnesium. But if that isn't helping, then you should reconsider.

Having said that, I never received any additional benefit from a mental clarity or mood perspective. From my observational experience over the years, the one that i see get that, often come off unhealthy diets or have metabolic issues already.
  • cherie8525
    cherie8525 Posts: 109 Member
    I agree with the above, I like to reach it by what I am eating, yet if your seeking ketones product, check out Dr Boz
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    The cheapest way to increase ketones is to fast regularly on water/tea/coffee with nothing added for a day or so. Once you burn through the stored glycogen in your body, you begin to make your own ketones. Read Dr. Jason Fung on fasting https://thefastingmethod.com/books/ to get tips on how to do it safely, and you won't need to spend any more money. Start with a 16:8 intermittent fast and work your way up to longer ones. Keep hydrated, take in salt, electrolytes.
  • Nibornomis
    Nibornomis Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you all! I’m going to finish up what I bought and use common sense moving forward. You all are great!
  • Xerogs
    Xerogs Posts: 328 Member
    I can't speak to adding ketones but Host Defense Lion's Mane has helped me a great deal with my mood and clarity. Magnesium also helps with my mood and sleep and Turmeric with BioPerine for inflammation. If your not allergic to mushroom supplements there are plenty of benefits worth looking into. I always take these supplements with food. Also these work for me but I take them daily some people don't always get the same results.
  • I tried them. Not too impressed. I was looking for a way to ease into Keto without getting the so-called "Keto-flu". I was in a FB group where everyone was posting their Before/Better photos and describing how they felt, etc. Most everyone was saying how much energy they had, how their skin is better, yada yada yada. So I was looking forward to all that energy and better skin! Well, I feel like the walking dead. I have absolutely ZERO energy. I now have insomnia and get up in the middle of the night and cannot fall back to sleep for anything. I did lose a total of 4 pounds in my first 10 day challenge, but I probably would have lost that anyway with eating Keto. My skin is like a teenager's! I'm almost 60 and everyday I have a new zit! Plus, major gastric problems! My stomach is not happy! I didn't want to be constipated, but feeling like I'm peeing sh##! That's not for me! The person who got me into it, said all that is Keto-related. Maybe, but the whole selling point of Pruvit is that you don't go thru all that! That's why I wanted to try it. I wanted the energy! I don't feel that I've lost more than I would have if I was just eating Keto. I did Keto in the past and lost 7 lbs my 1st week, and ended up losing almost 30 pounds in 3 months. So not sure what to do with the rest of the product.
  • gigikatkat
    gigikatkat Posts: 2 Member
    I started drinking pruvit ketones off and on about A year ago very randomly. I stopped drinking them because I was also binging on carbs and thought it was a waste of money. I am now back on a strict keto diet and for my body I really enjoy the energy and mental clarity that I get from my Keytone drink each morning. What I have discovered in my older age is that everyone has to find what works for them for some people exogenous keytones help and for others it does not.
  • gigikatkat
    gigikatkat Posts: 2 Member
    And I do realize after I hit post that as I was doing voice recognition typing it has misspelled the word but oh well 😋