September 22

Options
124»

Replies

• readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

@KCJen - I am going to chime in as well. I am 5’2” and closing in on 60 years old. My calories have been low this week due to a stomach thing but generally I eat anywhere from 1500-1900 calories a day. I eat lower carb, moderate protein and the rest fats and I do IF with an 8 hour window - but what works for me may not work for you. Everyone has to work out their own macros and needs as everyone is different. There are a lot of good research studies you can find on calorie restricted diets where calories were limited to 1200 or under and are called near starvation diets. Before this research I was doing the 1200 calories and I was hungry and cranky and lightheaded and couldn’t concentrate. Then I would lose some weight and go back to eating the way I used to and then gain more weight than I had lost. I believe this is why I yo yo'd. In Nov of 2019 I weighed 160 pounds which is a lot for my height. I now weigh 130 and I am never hungry. In the beginning it takes a bit of work and time to figure all of this out and it changes, but once you get the hang of it and figure out what your body needs, it becomes easy. This is as natural to me now as brushing my teeth or tying my shoes.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,987 Member
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    You can do it @KCJen !!!

I don’t know how tall you are, but I got really upset when I realized the 1200 cal everyone put me in from WW on was at least 150 cals lower than I needed if I lay in bed all day.
    Criminal!

I am 5 foot 6 inches. WW counts calories?
    🤣😂🤣😂

@KCJen

It did in the ‘70’s :) when I was5’9